MUSHclient help

by Krackenor

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Krackenor2010-09-12 23:29:00
A couple of questions about MUSH, for all of you experienced folk out there; some of them legitimate, others a sign of my technical stupidity

1. how do I set up echo-type triggers, ie the system shouting MOVE MOVE MOVE if somebody casts chasm

2. how do I change colors?

3. Is it possible to set verbal delays as opposed to timed delays. For example, instead of waiting a set period of time, wait until the recovered balance/equilibrium message pops up?

I'm sure that there are more to come, just none that I can think of at the moment.
Unknown2010-10-05 12:33:37
QUOTE (Krackenor @ Sep 12 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of questions about MUSH, for all of you experienced folk out there; some of them legitimate, others a sign of my technical stupidity

1. how do I set up echo-type triggers, ie the system shouting MOVE MOVE MOVE if somebody casts chasm

2. how do I change colors?

3. Is it possible to set verbal delays as opposed to timed delays. For example, instead of waiting a set period of time, wait until the recovered balance/equilibrium message pops up?

I'm sure that there are more to come, just none that I can think of at the moment.

Figured out how to do that yet?

For Changing Colours there's the Custom Colour option in Configurations, I don't remember how to echo triggers.
Mirami2010-10-05 15:18:03
the 'echo' function you're looking for is Note("message goes here. Hello, world!").

For coloured echos, you can use ColourNote("red", "green", "I'm a christmas tree! Whee!") . Make sure that your alias to trigger is sent to script.

I know there -is- a way to set up queues to fire on bal/eq, becuase Treant has them built-in with the Todo:add() and Todo:add_free() functions. I have zero idea how to actually code something like that from scratch, though.

Okin2010-10-05 21:39:18
QUOTE (Romertien @ Oct 6 2010, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there -is- a way to set up queues to fire on bal/eq, becuase Treant has them built-in with the Todo:add() and Todo:add_free() functions. I have zero idea how to actually code something like that from scratch, though.

But if you can figure it out from Treant, you can just steal that piece of the code, since it's free-ware.
Unknown2010-10-05 22:37:42
Good luck! tongue.gif
Xenthos2010-10-05 23:40:51
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Oct 5 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck! tongue.gif

What do you mean, good luck? Is it really that much more complicated in Mush?

In zMud, it's basically just putting stuff into a variable and popping it out when your prompt has balance and equilibrium. It's one of the first basic things I do in a MUD for setup. Health sipping & balance queue (because the latter is useful for so many things).
Ardmore2010-10-06 01:36:17
It's no different in Mush, but I swear the way Iasmos made Treant was so people who don't know anything about programming can't follow it. It's a giant cluster-censor.gif. :|
Unknown2010-10-06 01:44:09
Actually, my coding is fairly well organized and easy to follow when compared to most combat systems. If you don't know how to code, you'll get lost no matter what you're looking at.

And, no, the balance queue concept isn't difficult. I meant specifically pulling that piece out of Treant.
Zhov2010-10-08 17:15:11
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Oct 5 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, my coding is fairly well organized and easy to follow when compared to most combat systems. If you don't know how to code, you'll get lost no matter what you're looking at.

And, no, the balance queue concept isn't difficult. I meant specifically pulling that piece out of Treant.

Zarquan is right, it is decently organized.

It's actually pretty simple to build an action queue. Just set up balance tracking, then make a few queues... say one for things that don't consume bal/eq but require it, and for things that require and consume bal/eq. When you lose balance somehow, put up a flag. Whenever you recover balance, fire all of the first queue, then the first item in the second queue, and kill the flag. Set a timer to time out if an action is supposed to consume balance/eq but doesn't in a short time.