Hey. Hey you. What should I learn?

by Unknown

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2010-09-21 10:31:46
I find myself with credits (and therefore lessons) and all that good stuff every month due to the wonderful world of artisanal prizes. But I'm having trouble figuring out what I should actually do with them! Here is what I've got right now:

CODE
         Common Skills         Rank           Pool
-------------         ------------   ------------
Combat                Novice         Melee
Resilience            Inept          Fitness
Discernment           Gifted         Intellect
Highmagic             Capable        Arcana
Planar                Virtuoso       Mysticism
Discipline            Fabled         Willpower
Environment           Master         Communion
Influence             Transcendent   Magnetism
Dramatics             Expert         Performance
Arts                  Mythical       Finearts
Beastmastery          Gifted         Magnetism
Aethercraft           Mythical       Mysticism

Trade Skills          Rank           Pool
Tailoring             Transcendent   Finearts

Guild Skills          Rank           Pool
Elementalism          Mythical       Mysticism
    Aeromancy
Psionics              Mythical       Intellect
    Telekinesis
Illusions             Virtuoso       Intellect
    Phantasms

I never used to be able to participate in combat stuff due to internet problems, which is why my lessons are spread weirdly all over the place. But that issue is fixed and I actually can participate now! I'm just...really bad at it! So...yeah. What I should do? suspicious.gif I know I should probably work my guild skills up to transcendent eventually...
Calixa2010-09-21 10:49:19
1) Trans guild skills (mains, then tertiary)
2) Trans discipline, resilience and combat
3) Other useful stuff

That's what I've been told to do. Considering you have trans influence I didn't list that, but perhaps there is useful stuff left in dramatics?
Furien2010-09-21 10:52:49
Discipline Fabled Willpower
Assuming this is to focus mind - good.

Tailoring Transcendent Finearts
Splendours are great, especially if you're going to be a fragile trill forever.

Otherwise:

Combat Novice Melee
Priority 1 - raise this up to ShieldParry, near gifted.

Highmagic Capable Arcana
Priority 2 - raise this up to Gedulah (Virtuoso) so you can get out of affliction locks.

Discernment Gifted Intellect
If you plan to be a main melder, priority 3 - get Realitycheck to save yourself the hassle of dispelling illusory terrain. Skillname is 'Illusions' at Gifted 50%.

Resilience Inept Fitness
Priority 4 - raise Combat to Transcendent, intersperse with Resilience. Considerable bonus to physical DMP and poison resistance.

Discipline is only really needed depending on how power-intensive your kill methods are. Some classes really need it (Druids, Celestines, Nihilists) while others don't. You can trans it to further hasten your focus body time, but at your level the power regen/focus time is acceptable.

Unknown2010-12-02 15:47:39
ZOOSH! Instead of making a new thread, I am just using my old one again. I am, once again, at a loss. I am so indecisive! Help me pick what to learn, please?

CODE
Common Skills         Rank           Pool
Combat                Transcendent   Melee
Resilience            Transcendent   Fitness
Discernment           Gifted         Intellect
Highmagic             Virtuoso       Arcana
Planar                Virtuoso       Mysticism
Discipline            Transcendent   Willpower
Environment           Expert         Communion
Influence             Transcendent   Magnetism
Dramatics             Expert         Performance
Arts                  Mythical       Finearts
Beastmastery          Gifted         Magnetism
Aethercraft           Mythical       Mysticism

Trade Skills          Rank           Pool
Tailoring             Transcendent   Finearts

Guild Skills          Rank           Pool
Elementalism          Transcendent   Mysticism
    Aeromancy
Psionics              Transcendent   Intellect
    Telekinesis
Illusions             Mythical       Intellect
    Phantasms
Unknown2010-12-02 15:50:20
If it were me I'd say trans high magic.

Some nice skills, especially greater pentagram, and more magic resistance.
Aoife2010-12-02 15:56:58
If you charity influence a lot, it might be worth it to get Vagabond in Dramatics - 50% Virtuoso.
Kiradawea2010-12-02 16:21:25
Transcend Environment for less squish is also an idea. The aethercraft skills after Captain are only so-so. Avoid that. You already have illusion dispelling, so wait with Transcending Arts. If I remember my lesson pools correctly, learning more Planar will increase your staff damage, so you may want to consider that.
Calixa2010-12-02 17:52:09
QUOTE (Kiradawea @ Dec 2 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I remember my lesson pools correctly, learning more Planar will increase your staff damage, so you may want to consider that.

I never heard of this before, what are you basing that on? I assume it would go for symbol damage only as that also falls under mysticism.
Neos2010-12-02 17:59:51
Believe High Magic increases staff damage, not Planar.
Kiradawea2010-12-02 22:56:26
More lessons in a skill increases the damage done with its attacks. More Harmonics increases the damage of Wand for example. Planar is the parent skill of Nature, Elementalism and Cosmic, so yes, learning more planar will increase the damage of staff, albeit only at 1/4th the rate of what lessons in Elementalism will do.
Shamarah2010-12-02 23:09:16
I assume your Phantasms is up to Reality - pick that up if it's not. Otherwise, I would go ahead and get your beastmaster on - there are a lot of great skills in the higher ranks of beastmastery, particularly bodyguard, poison, and chameleon.
Acrune2010-12-03 00:12:19
QUOTE (Kiradawea @ Dec 2 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More lessons in a skill increases the damage done with its attacks. More Harmonics increases the damage of Wand for example. Planar is the parent skill of Nature, Elementalism and Cosmic, so yes, learning more planar will increase the damage of staff, albeit only at 1/4th the rate of what lessons in Elementalism will do.

I believe I've heard this too. Still, I don't think I'd learn planar for the damage, I doubt it would be significant. If you're torn between the skills in planar and other skills, maybe the damage boost could be a tie breaker.
Rodngar2010-12-03 04:12:45
Can we get that confirmed..?
Furien2010-12-03 04:15:37
I'm fairly certain it applies, but to a much smaller extent than the main skill. I'd say... 10 to 25% of the impact per each lesson invested, relative to the main skill (Cosmic/Nature/Elementalism etc).
Rika2010-12-03 04:15:57
http://forums.lusternia.com/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=99028

Edit: An easy to show example would be song lengths increasing if you learn dramatics.
Rodngar2010-12-03 04:18:48
So you're saying that Balestone, spun rubies, and shatterplexes will also be improved by learning Planar or High Magic?
Okin2010-12-03 04:20:15
Someone should update the thingo at http://lusternia.com/skilltree.htm. It's pretty and useful, and as I understand it there won't be new skillsets for quite a while.
Furien2010-12-03 04:20:57
Learning Planar will.

Learning Highmagic will affect your Aeonics things.
Rika2010-12-03 04:21:19
QUOTE (Rodngar @ Dec 3 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you're saying that Balestone, spun rubies, and shatterplexes will also be improved by learning Planar or High Magic?

Planar will improve Cosmic abilities.
Rika2010-12-03 04:23:22
QUOTE (Okin @ Dec 3 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone should update the thingo at http://lusternia.com/skilltree.htm. It's pretty and useful, and as I understand it there won't be new skillsets for quite a while.

HELP SKILLWEBDIAGRAM is up to date