Bashing Harder

by Thendis

Back to Survival Guide.

Thendis2010-09-07 16:55:54
So I just finished bashing my way to level 85 (and my character would be 20 years old, if it weren't for that damn time skip a while back >_<). I mainly performed quinotaur genocide (about half of my 15K kills) for the past 10 levels, with the occasional gold bashing thrown in. While quinotaur are still acceptable experience (actually, they are given as much as I thought they did at 84), I dislike the idea that 'good bashing' ten levels ago is still 'good bashing'. And I just need a slight change of pace. So yes! I need new ideas on where to bash!

I wish to avoid Illithoid/Kephera/Other org protected areas because I don't want people trying to kill me. They would succeed, I would lose exp, and I would get on their bad side.

Also, I'm not going to:
go human
go monk
go warrior

I am willing to be enemied to areas that are not org related, assuming it's not suicide to be attacked by more than one.

Quick questions:
How are the different aetherbubbles? Too dangerous?
How difficult is it to find someone to take me there?
Is there a way to get there besides an aethercraft or expensive artifact?
(Could I make gold on the aetherbubbles? ninja.gif )
(Is there any other bashing area worth my time with decent gold? ninja.gif )
Any chance astral is worth it?

One of these:

ab
Common Skills Rank Pool
------------- ------------ ------------
Resilience Inept Fitness
Lowmagic Adept Arcana
Planar Expert Mysticism
Influence Inept Magnetism
Aethercraft Inept Mysticism

^ Other than eventually raising my lowmagic, those aren't going up.
Unknown2010-09-07 17:02:52
Aetherbubbles aren't fantastic bashing, with the exception of Xion. I get roughly 4k gold just from what they drop when killing things on Xion, and the quest (what I know of it so far) isn't too hard.

The only way to an aetherbubble is with a transplanar contrivance (aka bubblix) or a ship.

Personally, I enjoy just hunting tunnel trash in the Undervault. Plenty of it, and you get to wander all over down there while hunting with little chance of bumping into someone else. As an alternative to illithoid/kephera, you can go to the waters under the prison to kill the mantas, sharks, and what-not.
Unknown2010-09-07 17:20:00
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Sep 7 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As an alternative to illithoid/kephera, you can go to the waters under the prison to kill the mantas, sharks, and what-not.

Please keep in mind that while the bone sharks can dish out a lot of damage and bleeding, they can't break pentagram/circle, and give no afflictions. Knowing this makes them significantly more manageable.
Calixa2010-09-07 17:36:21
What are quinotaurs? >_>

At 80 I just do astral respawns, astral links on tick at a time with hit and running (and plenty of dying), and undervault stuff. I do mostly (commodity) quests or easy bashing that gets me gold right now though (and maybe a cityfavour), since I still kinda get my ass handed, which should improve once I get my symbol.
Unknown2010-09-07 17:58:40
QUOTE (Calixa @ Sep 7 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are quinotaurs? >_>

They are bull-fish merman type things that live on the lowest level of the Inner Sea.

Not really recommended for a Magnagoran, particularly if you lack a cloaking gem, and especially if you are a kelpie enemy.
Daraius2010-09-07 20:52:50
QUOTE (Vendetta Morendo @ Sep 7 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please keep in mind that while the bone sharks can dish out a lot of damage and bleeding, they can't break pentagram/circle, and give no afflictions. Knowing this makes them significantly more manageable.

They also drop a ton of gold. Like 200+ a piece. Just look out for that group of six or so. I almost peed myself when I saw that.
Xiel2010-09-07 20:59:53
I don't think quinotaurs team or are aggressive though, so massive groups like that shouldn't be a problem. Tunnel trash is an excellent option (though, mind the aggro fishers and adoraths, they kinda tickle) and you can sell cavefishers now (thank goodness wub.gif) to someone in the Eternity labs. If you don't want to risk going on enemy territory, then I'd be careful about heading off-plane too if you're worried about people jumping you.

You can also sell the sharks you come across in the Reservoir (much like you can sell the sharks everywhere else too) for good gold besides the ones they already drop. Mantas break bones, so bring mending for that, and sharks are both aggressive and chase, so shield if you get overwhelmed against them as Raggy said (though, mind, mantas break shields, but those aren't aggro anyway).

If you like to influence, you can influence the Prison and the Hives and Tosha easily enough too, since you won't get enemied then and can even get gold from begging from the latter two.
Thendis2010-09-07 21:23:10
I'm not very fond of tunnel trash, but thanks for the suggestions!

(and more are welcomed!)

edit:
bone sharks I amazing <3