Rings and enchantments

by Ssaliss

Back to The Polling Place.

Ssaliss2010-09-04 22:44:05
Thinking about shopkeeping and stocking enchantments... What is the preferred way to have enchanted rings? Each enchantment on its own ring to keep track of enchantments (i.e. mercy on a waxen ring inset with a beryl gem, beauty on a waxen ring inset with an emerald, etc) or to have all rings the same to condense the inventory as much as possible (i.e. having 24 simple onyx rings, each with a different enchantment)? Each method has its perks and drawbacks, of course, but what's your choice?
Calixa2010-09-04 23:37:09
Dunno about others but since I have all my enchantments aliased (kingdom for rub ring1234, ect.) I think it would be neat to have all looking the same and save some inventory space. Then again, different ones can suit an attire just as well. Currently have all different ones since I just bought them in various shops. You could also do both, or see which niche (sets of similar ones in different colors or sets of the same) isn't filled yet.
Sakr2010-09-04 23:51:01
Hm, lets say bcc is before commodity change and acc is after commodity change:

bcc I would set in groups of 5, each 5 is the same type of ring, as per design. Deathsight going for the armband of lich kings and such. Acc now I'm putting it all on one type of ring, so it's both easier and cheaper on both the consumer and me.

Yet even acc, I would still prefer to see a snowglobe ring being scry, and everything else.
Lavinya2010-09-05 08:38:25
makes no difference to me, I have them all aliased ie rk for rub kingdom, so don't even pay much attention to what they are.
Kiradawea2010-09-05 16:25:12
Different enchantments on different rings is the way to go for those who don't have magiclist. Instead of having to probe one out of 24 "etched pearl ring"s, you can remember "oh, the amethyst band has mercy, and the coral ring has beauty, so I'll probe that and ahah, only one charge remaining".