Mudlet information tab module

by Unknown

Back to Mechanic's Corner.

Unknown2010-09-27 05:03:34
Well, I said I'd do it, and here it is... the information tabs I've worked up for mudlet. Holds potionlist information, magiclist information, curative and functional herb information... and astrology.

To get the astrology stargazing information into a tab, you do need to add "Astro" as a table entry in the script portion, it's not there by default. The astrology module has been updated to print to this tab if you have my info tabs loaded, so do be mindful. I'll do work soon to make that a configurable option, or to at least make sure the tab itself exists before it sends the output there. Like the blinking chat plugin/module/whatever you can expand the number of tabs by adding to the table. You can use the included demonnic_update* functions as a template. Or not, it's up to you =)

As a note: By default it sits in the top left hand corner and is 300 pixels wide. This means you'll want to move it according to your taste. You can resize it, change fonts, etc... but at the moment at 8pt font it's filling that 300 pixels, so if you decide to up the font size, you may need to up the width.

Edit: New version uploaded. Still does not handle multiple of a single type of enchantment... have not decided how or if I wanna deal with that. Now has config options for whether to change the page length or not, as well as what the pagelength should be if you're changing it. Now includes more enchantments on the magic tab, as well as the four org specific "alchemical treats" of moonwater, holy water, unholy water, and nightsweats. If i get froggy, I may have it scan for your organization and only display the one you can actually use.

Edit2: I forgot to include the align() function, which I make fairly heavy use of, in the last upload. This has been fixed... editedit: tested working in clean profile
code: Click Here!

Screenies!

Potion tab:

Magic tab:

Herb tab:

Astrology tab (I modified the output slightly in the newest version... decided willpower and endurance cost didn't mean anything to me):
Thendis2010-09-27 05:10:11
I've been trying to avoid going to Mudlet, mostly because I know my way around Mush.

But this is REALLY making me think twice about that....
Neos2010-09-27 05:19:21
QUOTE (Thendis @ Sep 27 2010, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been trying to avoid going to Mudlet, mostly because I know my way around Mush.

But this is REALLY making me think twice about that....

Do it. Everybody's doing it these days.
Unknown2010-09-27 05:19:26
Oh, as a note... by default it erases the sipping lines for bromides, healing, and mana, and decrements the counter on the potion tab. You can remove the 'deleteLine()' portion of the three triggers for this if you still want to see the lines.

@Thendis: We have a great community, and if you've been using Lua for your MUSH scripting, a great deal of it will not be difficult at all to port over to Mudlet. Currently no really good free system for Mudlet, but Vadi's system seems quite good... I can't rank it better than that only because I don't know combat well enough to be sure it would be accurate... plenty of good combatants helped put it together though, and Vadi is quite well known for his system in Achaea.
Calixa2010-09-27 13:11:43
Awesome. Having a look at the rest of your scripts as well, pimping out Mudlet while I save up for Vadi's system. That you are providing this for free is even nicer wub.gif

Edit: Suggest checking what the user has the pagelength set to. I always have it set on 250 so I had to remove all the pagelength altering code.
Unknown2010-09-27 14:25:00
QUOTE (Calixa @ Sep 27 2010, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome. Having a look at the rest of your scripts as well, pimping out Mudlet while I save up for Vadi's system. That you are providing this for free is even nicer wub.gif

Edit: Suggest checking what the user has the pagelength set to. I always have it set on 250 so I had to remove all the pagelength altering code.

Good call, I'll add a place to specify the pagelength sometime tonight and re-up
Janalon2010-09-28 11:10:09
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. The potion list is especially helpful. I did notice that the herb count doesn't increase with INR or decrease with OUTR. Also, Merbloom should probably be placed under curatives rather than functional. Could you also add Nightsweats (and the other org spec alchemical treats) in the potionlist? I need 10cr more to trans discipline. After that, I am donating some credits your way!

THANK YOU!!! This is a beautiful addition.
Unknown2010-09-28 14:05:39
QUOTE (Janalon @ Sep 28 2010, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. The potion list is especially helpful. I did notice that the herb count doesn't increase with INR or decrease with OUTR. Also, Merbloom should probably be placed under curatives rather than functional. Could you also add Nightsweats (and the other org spec alchemical treats) in the potionlist? I need 10cr more to trans discipline. After that, I am donating some credits your way!

THANK YOU!!! This is a beautiful addition.

Yeah, I haven't added the herb tracking yet. I'll shift merbloom tonight. And see about adding the abovementioned alchemical treats.
Janalon2010-09-28 22:41:10
Ooooh, and I think you can set the following on the magic list of items, though you might want to double check:

Curse
Deathsight
Window
waterbreathe
Diminish
Enfeeble
Enlarge
Acquisitio
Sleep
Levitate
Doorblast
Icewall
Disruption
Cleanse
Unknown2010-09-29 01:08:46
QUOTE (Janalon @ Sep 28 2010, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooooh, and I think you can set the following on the magic list of items, though you might want to double check:

Curse
Deathsight
Window
waterbreathe
Diminish
Enfeeble
Enlarge
Acquisitio
Sleep
Levitate
Doorblast
Icewall
Disruption
Cleanse

Wonderful. I know I'm capturing the information already, I just only put up the ones I'd had at one point or another, or could think of off the top of my head. I could just have it cycle over the table and display everything on the magic tab, but I could not then control the output.

Also, does it happen often that people have multiples of an enchantment? Right now, it's being stored in a table where the key is the type of enchantment, such that if you have more than one, whichever one comes last in the magiclist will be the one which is stored in the table. I couldn't think of why you would have more than one item containing the same enchantment, though, so I didn't bother safeguarding against it.

Could some of you terribly helpful folks collect for me the line in potionlist for your org's alchemical treat, as Janalon put it? I could come up with nightsweats, but that's all I'd have. I'm hoping to have some time to work on this tonight.
Janalon2010-09-29 01:24:34

Xiel Talnara baby!

CODE
MoonWater*          Sweet healing water bathed in the light of Mother Moon.
Adept 50%
Syntax: DRINK MOONWATER
Amalgamation Cost: 5 percent of power reserves.
Drinking moonwater will build within the power to cure a random affliction when sipping a health, mana, or bromide potion. Only usable by those in the Serenwilde Commune.

Ingredients: silveressence 4
NightSweats*        Dark potion infused with the power of Mother Night.
Adept 50%
Syntax: DRINK NIGHTSWEATS
Drinking nightsweats will build within the power to deliver vicious bleeding when doing damage. Only usable by those in the Glomdoring Commune.

Ingredients: shadowessence 4
HolyWater*          Sparkling water blessed by Holy Supernals.
Adept 50%
Syntax: DRINK HOLYWATER
Drinking holy water will build within the power to greatly resist incoming damage. Only usable by those in the City of New Celest.

Ingredients: lightessence 4
UnholyWater*        Fiery water empowered by the Demon Lords
Adept 50%
Syntax: DRINK UNHOLYWATER
Drinking unholy water will build within the power to return damage to those who damage you. Only usable by those in the City of Magnagora.

Ingredients: darkessence 4
Janalon2010-09-29 01:25:33
QUOTE (demonnic @ Sep 28 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonderful. I know I'm capturing the information already, I just only put up the ones I'd had at one point or another, or could think of off the top of my head. I could just have it cycle over the table and display everything on the magic tab, but I could not then control the output.

Also, does it happen often that people have multiples of an enchantment? Right now, it's being stored in a table where the key is the type of enchantment, such that if you have more than one, whichever one comes last in the magiclist will be the one which is stored in the table. I couldn't think of why you would have more than one item containing the same enchantment, though, so I didn't bother safeguarding against it.

Could some of you terribly helpful folks collect for me the line in potionlist for your org's alchemical treat, as Janalon put it? I could come up with nightsweats, but that's all I'd have. I'm hoping to have some time to work on this tonight.

I've carried two healing scrolls... though mainly because I can't seem to find any jewelers to make a cube for me.
Janalon2010-09-29 03:29:58
Also needs to track refills from kegs to add to the pot list.
Unknown2010-09-29 22:15:38
QUOTE (Janalon @ Sep 28 2010, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also needs to track refills from kegs to add to the pot list.

Hmm.. I may end up doing that... when I add the other potions and such to the decrement list. Currently, I just PL again when I've refilled something.

Here's the alias I use to recharge all of my enchantments, you may find it helpful

CODE
send("get gold from purse")
for enchant,info in pairs(demonnic.items.magic) do
  if enchant == "total" then string.upper("")
  else
    send(string.format("recharge %s from cube", info.id))
  end
end
send("put gold in purse")
if demonnic.info.changePageLength then send("config pagelength 200") end
send("magiclist")
Unknown2010-09-29 22:17:19
New version uploaded. Still does not handle multiple of a single type of enchantment... have not decided how or if I wanna deal with that. Now has config options for whether to change the page length or not, as well as what the pagelength should be if you're changing it. Now includes more enchantments on the magic tab, as well as the four org specific "alchemical treats" of moonwater, holy water, unholy water, and nightsweats. If i get froggy, I may have it scan for your organization and only display the one you can actually use.
Unknown2010-09-30 03:52:37
Another new revision, this one includes the align() function, which I wrote and use to format text in the information tabs... sorry I forgot it the last time around.

Edit: tested in clean profile as working
Vesar2010-09-30 14:03:06
Man, I wish I were playing again. Good looking script, Demonic. I don't know if it already does this, but one suggestion would be to change the color of either the name or number of the item depending on how many sips/charges there are. For example, you have over 300 sips of health, the word "Health" is green. Below 150, above 50, the word is yellow, below 50, it turns to red. Something like that to give you a quick glance of what you need before adventuring. But yea, awesome script!

For those who are still on the fence about switching to mudlet, you're crazy! Get off the fence and download mudlet TODAY!
Unknown2010-09-30 14:11:43
QUOTE (Vesar @ Sep 30 2010, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, I wish I were playing again. Good looking script, Demonic. I don't know if it already does this, but one suggestion would be to change the color of either the name or number of the item depending on how many sips/charges there are. For example, you have over 300 sips of health, the word "Health" is green. Below 150, above 50, the word is yellow, below 50, it turns to red. Something like that to give you a quick glance of what you need before adventuring. But yea, awesome script!

For those who are still on the fence about switching to mudlet, you're crazy! Get off the fence and download mudlet TODAY!

I may end up implementing that at some point, it's a good idea. I just finished making the adjustments to have it autoadjust for in and outrifting herbs, but I won't have time to make the .xml and upload it until later tonight, at the earliest.

Would anyone like the tinctures/metal/grocer/etc. commodoties to show up on the herb tab? Or perhaps a separate commodities tab? I don't really have anything in the way of commodoties, apart from spices. Don't use them much as an herbalist. So if you wanna see it, getting me some screen shots of what the rift looks like jammed full would be the best way of making it happen.

@Janalon: merbloom is in functional herbs because that's how it is listed in the rift. I see that it causes insomnia, does it cure anything though?
Thendis2010-09-30 15:43:37
QUOTE (Vesar @ Sep 30 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since I have a feeling I will one day switch to mudlet, I like this idea. But unless you can make each player decide on how much of each is required for a color, then it may be annoying. I carry 10 vials of healing (and a keg), so I would want that in the red at 125 and under, and green for 375 and up. But I only carry one or two vials of most the others.

But zero sips should DEFINITELY show up as red.
Vadi2010-09-30 18:06:30
and underlined and bold