Ecology help!

by Kio

Back to Survival Guide.

Kio2010-09-08 15:48:47
First off, I've already submitted the following as a bug; I just wanna know if anyone else has had the same issue.

So, earlier today everything was normal. I could use my familiar in all its little tarantula-ish capacities. However, for some reason, whenever I try to use a familiar related ability, I'm told "You have not bonded with an animal."

...but I have.

He's right here. I can order him around. He's loyal to me. He still has my fetish armour on him.

The only thing out of the ordinary is that earlier my internet went down. That's it.

So... what to do? I can't very well kill him... he's armoured.

sad.gif

ETA: So, after writing this, I was like "Maybe I can recall my fetish." ...I did. So now I have an armour tarantula that's loyal to me following me, and my fetish is in my hands. W.t.f. 0.o

Another edit: I just attempted to rebirth another animal. It worked, and rebirthed into a bat. I received the message "Upon seeing you, its spirit immediately bonds with you, as it rubs up against your leg." However, I am still not bonded with any animal. The armoured tarantula is still loyal to me, and now the bat is, as well.
Unknown2010-09-08 16:03:03
1. Did the Tarantula exist for a time when you were previously an Ecologist?

2. Can you do anything with that bat?
Kio2010-09-08 16:05:17
1. It did not.

2. I cannot. (Other than usual loyal things, like making it follow me)
Talan2010-09-08 16:33:10
It's not just you.
Unknown2010-09-08 18:53:24
Well, in the mean time you should raise an army of vermin and storm Celest.
Asmodea2010-09-08 22:45:42
You can take the armour off and then kill him, FETISH ARMOUR UNCLASP. Also I think if you rebirth and deepbond again you can get a new one.
Kio2010-09-08 23:46:58
QUOTE (Asmodea @ Sep 8 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can take the armour off and then kill him, FETISH ARMOUR UNCLASP. Also I think if you rebirth and deepbond again you can get a new one.

Normally, yes. In this situation, no. That's the problem. He still had my fetish, but he wasn't my familiar. Rebirthing just gives me another loyal creature, but not a familiar. Deepbond won't work because I don't have a bond already.

On the bright side, thank you Fates (or whoever does it!) for replying to the bug! Hoping it works when I get back smile.gif
Kio2010-09-09 01:11:55
I bugged this last weave. The response was that it would be fixed at the weave. It's now the next weave. Nothing's different.

What do I do now?

I mean... it would be pretty awesome to get to use my skills! sad.gif
Lehki2010-09-09 01:14:12
QUOTE (Kio @ Sep 8 2010, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bugged this last weave. The response was that it would be fixed at the weave. It's now the next weave. Nothing's different.

What do I do now?

I mean... it would be pretty awesome to get to use my skills! sad.gif

Weave meaning that purple message that comes up about reality slowing as the fates reweave the tapestry, which is when they're updating the code.
Kio2010-09-09 01:15:30
Greatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

It's awesome that it's gonna get fixed.

It sucks I'm without some very useful skills for a while.
Kio2010-09-10 23:49:04
/cry

Sorry for the little baby bump, but anyone else still having this problem? I know Talan is, and it's been suggested that while the orginal bug has been fixed, what's going on now has happened because of said fix.

Just trying to get some understanding here sad.gif