Dreamweaving

by Unknown

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2010-08-27 23:54:09
Just wanted to start a Dreamweaving topic to collect all of the bugs out there and/or discuss things concerning the skillset.

The one question that I would like to know the answer to is "Are you able to hear people while in dreambody?" Back when I first started playing in 2008, I swore I could hear people around me while I was in dreambody. But now I can't. Was this changed and posted somewhere?

I'm willing to help find out any bugs so please PM me. I'm Transed in the skill.

Thanks
Esano2010-08-28 00:27:48
The "not being able to hear people in dreambody" seems to be another symptom of the unfindable bug. You hear people in your physbody's room instead (which is the reverse of how it should be). Similarly, your physbody can be attacked, including with things like kether, but your dreambody can't be. Trying to follow someone with Link will move your physbody but not your dreambody (and often dump your physbody into a group of angry people and/or guards).
Unknown2010-08-28 00:54:25
QUOTE (Esano @ Aug 28 2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "not being able to hear people in dreambody" seems to be another symptom of the unfindable bug. You hear people in your physbody's room instead (which is the reverse of how it should be). Similarly, your physbody can be attacked, including with things like kether, but your dreambody can't be. Trying to follow someone with Link will move your physbody but not your dreambody (and often dump your physbody into a group of angry people and/or guards).

I see. That explains why I can see movement where my physical body is located while I'm in dreambody roaming around the Basin.
Roark2010-08-28 02:18:31
I'm pretty sure that there's only one Dreamweaving bug. It just causes all kinds of strange symptoms to happen. I know what the bug is, just not what causes it to happen. I tried another stab at it today. I tested it and can't find any *new* bugs, though since I cannot reproduce the old bug I don't know if it's fixed. Sometime on Sunday I'd like people to beat up my changes on my dev server. I'll post a time here when I have a time settled.
Malarious2010-08-28 04:48:31
We were considering the approach of "code it again!" But decided that we did not want to front for the therapy bills involved.
Unknown2010-08-28 08:21:29
QUOTE (roark @ Aug 28 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure that there's only one Dreamweaving bug. It just causes all kinds of strange symptoms to happen. I know what the bug is, just not what causes it to happen. I tried another stab at it today. I tested it and can't find any *new* bugs, though since I cannot reproduce the old bug I don't know if it's fixed. Sometime on Sunday I'd like people to beat up my changes on my dev server. I'll post a time here when I have a time settled.

Oh wow. Thank you! I would love to take a stab at it. Good thing I don't work on Monday!
Roark2010-08-28 22:54:06
Tomorrow (August 28) at 3 PM EST I will be on mooter.no-ip.org. Please stop by and beat up Dreamweaving as much as you can. Then message me if you see anything screwy. You can mess around with it before then, but it'd be nice if I were on-line when you are.
Unknown2010-08-29 01:11:58
QUOTE (roark @ Aug 29 2010, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tomorrow (August 28) at 3 PM EST I will be on mooter.no-ip.org. Please stop by and beat up Dreamweaving as much as you can. Then message me if you see anything screwy. You can mess around with it before then, but it'd be nice if I were on-line when you are.

That would be August 29th at 4 AM for me my time... In that case I missed it cry.gif Unless you meant August 29th (Sunday) your time... Hmm, the problems with living halfway around the world. Is the port number still 23?

If by chance it is the 29th for you, I'll try to make it but I'll be around 2 hours late. Kinda hard waking up with an alarm clock...
Roark2010-08-29 19:05:48
I'm online right now. Yes, port 23. mooter.no-ip.org.
Unknown2010-08-29 21:48:27
QUOTE (roark @ Aug 30 2010, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm online right now. Yes, port 23. mooter.no-ip.org.

Okay! I got on the Test server but I keep getting a "You appear to have caused an untrapped error..." whenever I type anything in.

EDIT: Hmm... I think I might have crashed it... blink.gif
Unknown2010-08-29 21:50:11
That's the effect Dreamweaving has on the world!
Unknown2010-08-29 22:12:57
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Aug 30 2010, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the effect Dreamweaving has on the world!

Nah... Probably Roark just got tired waiting up for me or anyone else that wanted to give it a try and started to play around with the code in the background. Or, it could be of things to come...

EDIT: Hmm... Thought it was down for good. Got all the way to leaving my body when it gave me that error. Getting closer now...

EDIT2: Got it... Now I need one more person to join up to be my test buddy.
Roark2010-08-30 21:53:35
Testing was mixed yesterday. Although it found some bugs, my server also kept crashing, which made it hard to do anything. Ends up my hard drive coincidentally had filled to 100% at the same time and the game didn't like that! I've purged the offending log files, and I also fixed the bugs. I'd like to try this again. I'll be around today at 6:30 PM EST (I know that's short notice) and tomorrow at the same time. Please bring some Dreamweavers along. If not, I can make you one.
Roark2010-09-02 00:59:29
Today I loaded my latest attempt at this annoying skillset.
Roark2010-09-02 02:09:26
I had some interesting debugs today so it might not all be fixed. I will load the next round tomorrow. I'd want to play around with it to be sure it's not making things worse, but it's too late in the day for me to do that. I will load it tomorrow.
Kaalak2010-09-02 03:18:59
Thanks for doing that roark
Unknown2010-09-02 04:33:19
QUOTE (roark @ Sep 2 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had some interesting debugs today so it might not all be fixed. I will load the next round tomorrow. I'd want to play around with it to be sure it's not making things worse, but it's too late in the day for me to do that. I will load it tomorrow.

You rawk! Thank you for all the work you've been doing! Much appreciated! thumup.gif
Roark2010-09-02 23:01:43
Round 2 of the redo was just loaded. So far no scary debug messages spamming me like last time.
Janalon2010-09-02 23:28:26
QUOTE (roark @ Sep 2 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Round 2 of the redo was just loaded. So far no scary debug messages spamming me like last time.

Sounds like much reason to celebrate!
Aerotan2010-09-03 00:12:40
Where is everyone in the test server?