Welcome Etoechik of Scorpion Caverns

by Janalon

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Janalon2010-08-24 04:59:43
Shortly after the 1st of Roarkian, an announcement came through the commune aether announcing the arrival of a lucidian monk. Spirit Warden Xenthos quickly tracked me down to greet this monk. In the ensuing conversation, it became known the monk came to the Dark Forest to learn more of the Great Spirits of Glomdoring and of the Wyrden Nekotai. In particular, it was noted the Shadowdancers and the Blacktalon are quite talented ritualists, and the monk wanted to observe such. Apparently this lucidian monk outright expressed interest in taking up residence within the Wyrden Woods.

Present members of the commune debated how much should be revealed to this stranger. Xenthos suggested that the Blacktalon would not be averse to such. He continued that the Night Coven might be more reserved, as secrecy is one of Mother Night's tenets. The monk retorted that based on his research to date, as much could be expected. With that, he politely acknowledged the situation and suggested that he would not want to press his request on anyone unwilling.

I offered to lead this visitor and a small group of gatherers to the Wyrden Temple which was constructed to bring together the various beliefs of Glomdoring under one dwelling place. I paid my respects to the Ebonguard Shadowlord statue in the Hall of Bats, the diminutive druid Shadowcaster in the Beetle's Grove, the Shadowbeat bard figurine in the Wasp's Nest, the wiccan Shadowcaster failing in the Widow's Copse, before arriving to the Scorpion's Nest. Our guest patiently asked about Mother Night and Brother Crow. We proceeded to stand among the Crows to acknowledge Brother Crow, and within a glade of shifting shadows to acknowledge Mother Night. The monk stood in awe of the Wyrden Temple.

Ebon Strategiest Xenthos stepped forward to speak to the lucidian monk about Brother Crow. The curiously growing entourage made way onto the Ethereal Glomdoring and into the Dark Nest, where Xenthos delved into Crow's core teachings. Again, the monk stood in awe of the Apects. He acknowledge that his scholarly studies did not match the sheer magnificence of Crow's Aspects. Sensing the sincerity of the monk's words, Lady-Queen Rancoura offered share her insights on Mother Night.

Quite satisfied with his studies, the lucidian monk asked for a proper blessing to join the commune, specifically the blessings of the Great Spirits on his nekai-claws! A quite confused Ulthaed Fangleaf suggested we turn to Brennan, Rowena, or one of Mother Night's priestesses. With that, he withdrew himself from the conversation with a vanishing comment to bring Brother Crow a sizable offering. Once again taking charge, Xenthos suggested Mother Night's manifestation might be a good place to start.

Ikrae, the Shadow Priestess, welcomed the group with a wandering gaze. She greeted the supplicant, and it was Lady-Queen Rancoura beseeched the blessing of the nekai on behalf of the lucidian monk. The group retreated to the Master Ravenwood where Lady Marina celebrated the gathering within the Rite of Penumbra. Brennan awkwardly rushed the group onward shouting, "Crow! Mighty Crow! Glorious Crow!" and encouraged the group to make a sizable offering. Malnourished deer, crazed bucks, and globs of slime were offered up.

Hving received Mother Night and Brother Crow's approval, Dark Regent Narynth welcomed the lucidian monk into the commune. Taken by a fit of delight, the monk revealed himself as Etoechik of the Scorpion Caverns who has come to dwell among the Wyrden Nekotai. He expressed an eagerness to become a student of the Faith, studying the teachings of Mother Night and Brother Crow. I led our visitor into the Outer Sanctum of the Cathedral of Tears, deep within the Nekotai guildhall. There he can be found reciting lessons on the Great Spirits Crow, Night, and Scorpion to the Cult of Nekotai.

PS-- I'd like to thank our AWESOME Divine who make these events happen.
Aicuthi2010-08-24 05:54:03
More than likely he will betray you and become the Hallifaxian monk guild tutor. Let the paranoia plague you during sleep.
Llesvelt2010-08-24 05:56:50
QUOTE (Aicuthi @ Aug 24 2010, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More than likely he will betray you and become the Hallifaxian monk guild tutor. Let the paranoia plague you during sleep.

Reasons to be paranoid on all fronts, I mean, it would not be good for our relations.

< _ <
Aicuthi2010-08-24 06:09:57
QUOTE (Llesvelt @ Aug 24 2010, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reasons to be paranoid on all fronts, I mean, it would not be good for our relations.

< _ <

That's the way the crystal crumbles. don-t_mention.gif
Our monks will be the most OP, of course.
Janalon2010-08-24 09:09:55
QUOTE (Aicuthi @ Aug 24 2010, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the way the crystal crumbles. don-t_mention.gif
Our monks will be the most OP, of course.

Pre-nerf Hallifaxian monks before they have a chance to get OP!
Unknown2010-08-24 16:56:56
WOO SCORPION CAVERNS TIE-IN.

I laugh openly at every other monk guild.
Diamondais2010-08-24 16:59:19
QUOTE (Salvation @ Aug 24 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOO SCORPION CAVERNS TIE-IN.

I laugh openly at every other monk guild.

Didn't the Shofangi just get something? tongue.gif
Unknown2010-08-24 17:00:48
Man, you don't even play Dylara anymore, and you still gotta ruin my fun. :'(
Janalon2010-08-24 20:48:27
QUOTE (diamondais @ Aug 24 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't the Shofangi just get something? tongue.gif

That's a complete load of BULL!!! And I meant that quite literally. Welcome Old Man.

EDIT: Wonder if we can setup a blind date between Bull and Scorpion.