Best rogue monk

by Xavius

Back to The Polling Place.

Xavius2010-08-28 21:44:46
Vote!
Veyrzhul2010-08-28 22:05:00
Tahtetso's best gimmick is the insta, which isn't possible without boost, so they're out for this, although you can still hinder nicely as rogue.
Ninjas have yank which is always useful.
Nekotai can build some nice vessels, especially with hyperactive.
I still voted for Shofangi for the currently powerless slitlock.
Unknown2010-08-29 01:50:36
Definitely Shofangi first, Ninja second, and a toss-up between Nekotai and Tahtetso for third.
Xavius2010-08-29 02:04:36
I get Shofangi and Tahtetso, but why Ninjakari over Nekotai? Is the crotamine finish that key to their fighting?
Unknown2010-08-29 02:08:05
QUOTE (Xavius @ Aug 28 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get Shofangi and Tahtetso, but why Ninjakari over Nekotai? Is the crotamine finish that key to their fighting?

Also need power to do their lock. No lock, no instant (not that the instant is that great anyways).
Xavius2010-08-29 02:13:58
QUOTE (Vendetta Morendo @ Aug 28 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also need power to do their lock. No lock, no instant (not that the instant is that great anyways).

Why isn't angkhai sufficient for the lock?
Unknown2010-08-29 02:21:25
QUOTE (Xavius @ Aug 28 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why isn't angkhai sufficient for the lock?

Syntax: KA ANGKHAI RIGHT|LEFT
Kata: Attack
Ka Weight: 550
Bodypart: Head, Chest, Gut, Rarm, Larm, Rleg, Lleg

This move induces poison relapsing. In addition, if you have level four or
higher momentum then it can also cause a slit throat or torn tendon if used on
the head or legs. This move will cause you to lose some momentum, more than
normal if you manage to cut the leg tendons.

Unless there's something else that can be used with it to achieve what you want. I will admit, I haven't looked at things -that- closely.
Xavius2010-08-29 02:28:27
QUOTE (Vendetta Morendo @ Aug 28 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless there's something else that can be used with it to achieve what you want. I will admit, I haven't looked at things -that- closely.

Senso by itself is a cleanse cure with that, and there's no shortage of ways for a Nekotai to make a poison land. Tendoning or severed spine would make it much sexier, sure, but that's just straight excessive. (Like most monk strategies are, which is I suppose what we're aiming for.)

Is the Ninjakari regen train significantly better than frequent cleanse cures?
Unknown2010-08-29 02:32:09
QUOTE (Xavius @ Aug 28 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Senso by itself is a cleanse cure with that, and there's no shortage of ways for a Nekotai to make a poison land. Tendoning or severed spine would make it much sexier, sure, but that's just straight excessive. (Like most monk strategies are, which is I suppose what we're aiming for.)

I should specify. Greenlock, not cleanse lock.

I won't comment on Ninjakari. They're higher strictly because of yank and the current state of summon resistance.
Veyrzhul2010-08-29 07:27:03
Oops, I meant chaindrag, not yank.
Malarious2010-08-29 07:37:18
Shofangi is first hands down, power free and reliable lock with free regen affs the whole way.

I was gonna rank all these but I cant.. because while nekotai cant lock they can easily do slitthroat and such and chain into a lock. They also have access to burst vessels and heavy bleeding on top of various other options. They get some nice things even without a lock.

Ninjakari offer a lock which that is rather rare but at least they have one I suppose. Drag can be nice, yank is just a good way to irritate yourself.. lag.. stalling.. hindering... contort.. all of those stop it outright, you should not have to base any offense on it really, and you will often try playing with other things to get the same result.

Tahtetso while they cant insta they can certainly prone and blackout spam, which leads to some heavy damage. Lorick is actually convinced that the can greenlock with a chain of moves, yet unseen, but he seems to know what hes talkin about.