Influence speed?

by Unknown

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2010-08-15 03:16:16
I don't know if it's been discussed before, but I'm trying to figure out what governs how fast you influence.

This means not just how long regaining equilibrium after an influence attempt (though very important), but what also controls how many influence attempts you need (ie, how quickly you can break down a denizen's ego).

I know that prestige and oils may reduce the number of influences needed by one or two, but I'm wondering what other parts are involved, as well as how large of a role they play.

Does charisma control anything other than your max ego/sip and your influencing equilibrium regain?
Ssaliss2010-08-15 03:19:23
Charisma controls a lot, yes. For instance, with a charisma of 17 (base faeling) and up I've only rarely had counter arguments from things I influence and I influence them with fewer arguments, while I've heard that with a charisma of 12 counterarguments are more or less to be expected.

In addition, charismatic aura (if you have it) plays a huge part, as does performing different roles (i.e. PERFORM SYCOPHANT for empowering etc).
Unknown2010-08-16 11:31:36
Since deciding I'd rather not have carpal tunnel, and setting triggers to influence on EQ, I only notice counter-arguments when I lag. I have 17 charisma too, but I wonder if that matters? I suspect it's how fast you respond.

To the OP, this thread has a good list of the influencing buffs.

http://forums.lusternia.com/index.php?showtopic=18890
Ssaliss2010-08-16 12:02:31
QUOTE (Sidharta @ Aug 16 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since deciding I'd rather not have carpal tunnel, and setting triggers to influence on EQ, I only notice counter-arguments when I lag. I have 17 charisma too, but I wonder if that matters? I suspect it's how fast you respond.

To the OP, this thread has a good list of the influencing buffs.

http://forums.lusternia.com/index.php?showtopic=18890

Yeah. Hight cha means you get less (if any) counter arguments, basically.
Furien2010-08-17 03:15:20
Influencing 'attacks' (counterarguments) seem to be processed entirely independently of your regular connection or the server's latency. One server-side lag spike can result in 0 denizen attacks but 4 or so counter arguments.

I don't really know how to explain it - but at 12 or higher with a flawless connection you probably wouldn't get counterarguments. Once the server hiccups, though...