Warrior mechanics

by Turnus

Back to Combat Guide.

Turnus2010-07-25 17:54:07
I had a few questions about the mechanics behind warrior combat, if anybody knows and feels like sharing.

The first is pretty simple, what wound numbers is the threshold for the next level. For instance, 500 is light, 1000 is medium, 1500 is heavy. Those numbers are made up, but show what I'm interested in hearing.

What's the correlation between damage/precision stats and damage/wounding caused. I know there's some randomness, but averaged out is it linear or does it have some weird curve to it? A ballpark estimate would be great. And likewise, does anybody know how armor affects the formula and if racial resistance affects wounding.

The last thing I can think of is to ask is about maneuvers. I think I have a fairly good idea how they work, and based on that I don't really use them except to avoid giving certain afflictions if there's a lower level wounding I prefer. So I just use maneuvers that have everything in it except the one or two afflictions I want to skip (everything but scalping when I was a blademaster on hackdown for instance). Do maneuvers actually help with getting higher level woundings more likely to hit like the ab file says? I've never really noticed this when I've tried using maneuvers with only one affliction.

There's so much going on behind the scenes in warrior combat, so I would be interested to hear from somebody who's done a bunch of extensive testing - I know you're out there somewhere!