Debating

by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Unknown2010-07-23 06:28:37
I'm making a debating system, but am a little unclear on how it works. So each debate attack beats one mindset, out of three. But when it comes to the remaining two, is one type stronger than the other type? Does one counter a certain kind of attack by enough that it will damage the attacker, or do anything special, or are the two which are not vulnerable to the attack the same?

Edit: Well, reading the help file cleared some of that up for me. But which debate styles are immune to which others? There's a chelp file in the Legion clan, but it only says which styles are weak to what.
Ssaliss2010-07-23 07:14:42
QUOTE (Jello @ Jul 23 2010, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm making a debating system, but am a little unclear on how it works. So each debate attack beats one mindset, out of three. But when it comes to the remaining two, is one type stronger than the other type? Does one counter a certain kind of attack by enough that it will damage the attacker, or do anything special, or are the two which are not vulnerable to the attack the same?

Edit: Well, reading the help file cleared some of that up for me. But which debate styles are immune to which others? There's a chelp file in the Legion clan, but it only says which styles are weak to what.

Wiki to the rescue!
Ilyssa2010-07-23 10:54:16
The best way to so it is just turn your autosipper on, set some keybindings and wail at them until your ego gets low when, like when you are in danger in anything requiring strategy, you turtle up and don't attack. You don't really want triggers to chabge mindsets based on what you were just hit with, because most debaters will recognize those in an instant and hit you with strong attacks everytime. The best way to win is to be so unpredictable, even you're not sure what you're about to do. wink.gif
Might also want to pick up a focus enchantment, since its always a pain to not have it. Using an attitude to prep for it as well as turning performance mode on, rubbing beauty, and anything else that would help you. If you start off with a fasttalk, you're not losing much since ego attacks get stronger the longer the debate goes on for, and you may stick it if they don't have a focus. Being a Tae'dae might hurt you, but I'm not sure if racial eq counts for debating.
Zacc2010-07-25 15:33:32
QUOTE (Jello @ Jul 23 2010, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Each mindset is immune to one style. The other two do damage according to the mindset's resistance, but you probably know that now.

As for immunities, I think these are right:

Pedantic is immune to pettifoggery (attacker takes damage).
Cautious is immune to passionate ('').
Analytical is immune to pontification ('').

Ilyssa is right about keeping mindsets random. If someone finds a pattern, which will happen quickly, be prepared to run or take full power debates.