Random Hallifaxian Conversation

by Llesvelt

Back to Event Scrolls.

Llesvelt2010-07-05 00:30:26
I felt like sharing this, just a random Hallifaxian Conversation in the Ministry of Peace.

The War Room of Peace.
Banks of clouds roil about here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular
monolith is on the ground. Captain Irima Ironwing watches her surroundings with
a keen, predatory fixation. Rika Talnara, the Snowflake towers here. She wields
a platinum edged iron rapier in each hand.
You see exits leading north, northeast, and northwest.

Rika purses her lips, deep in thought.

Thoughtfully, you say, "Anything bothering you?"

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "Many things bother me."

You say, "I know the situation. Enough to know that it is of little comfort that I know."

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

Rika tilts her head curiously.

Folding your wings so that you can reach them properly, you begin to preen them in a soothing motion, straightening out the disheveled feathers.

You give a pained sigh.

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "Is something bothering -you-?"

You say, "Many things, likewise, bother me."

Rika's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "Care to elaborate?"

Having produced a notebook, looking it through, you say, "I do not feel like I am contributing my share to the Collective, neither do I feel that I do my family justice. There is so much to do, so little, -time-. Though, it could have something to do with that, problem."

You give a pained sigh.

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "What problem? I have obviously not been in the gossip circles lately."

Narrowing his eyes as he scribbles notes upon the notebook, you say, "I have a problem with self-esteem they tell me. Funny thing, I do tend to notice, but that does not exactly help. Irrational under-estimation of myself. It has quite the impact, seeing how much more succesful my cousin Ileein is, as well as the rest of my family... Ah, I bother them all, so. If I could simply fit within the clockwork, that would make it all better."

You say, "Nervous breakdown, first time talking with Lord Elostian, ugly memory..."

You have emoted: Llesvelt puts away the notebook, seeming rather hurried as he looks to Rika again.

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "The only issue I see, then, is that you feel you have to live the life that the rest of your family does. Is your name Ileein? If not, then why try to live like him, achieve what he has, do what he does? Why don't you attempt to be Llesvelt?"

Your eyelid flutters and your eyeball twitches in its socket.

You say, "Llesvelt is not good enough."

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "Says who?"

You have emoted: Llesvelt seems momentarily stressed, as he reaches to the back of his neck, scratching it quietly.

You say, "Mostly I."

You say, "I do not try to achieve what my cousin has, that is far beyond my undertaking..."

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "Why do you think Llesvelt is not good enough?"

You say, "Well if I was, I would not feel the shame I do, would I? No, I can always do more. I am a lousy Collectivist..."

You give a pained sigh.

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "So, you are suggesting that these people are compare yourself to can do no more, because they have already done so much?"

You say, "No, that is not what I have said at all."

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "What do you think Hallifax would be like if we all did everything exactly the same? If we all had the same thoughts, same achievements?"

You say, "More in harmony? Synchronizati--."

You have emoted: Llesvelt looks up, seeming rather thoughtful.

You say, "Yes, that makes sense..."

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake says, "Hallifax would be nothing."

Ignoring the last remark, you say, "Of course.."

You say, "That is the answer..."

You say, "Farewell, Rika."

Rika Talnara, the Snowflake frowns and says, "Be well ."
Furien2010-07-05 00:48:53
Llesvelt.

Is.

So.

Cute. wub.gif
Ileein2010-07-05 03:28:51
sad.gif So little self-esteem it makes me want to pat the poor guy.
Ayden2010-07-05 03:38:12
QUOTE (Ileein @ Jul 4 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad.gif So little self-esteem it makes me want to pat the poor guy.

Make a cousin appreciation day!

And Ileein, you are quite the over-achiever...
Llesvelt2010-07-05 07:46:11
Llesvelt is an, interesting, character to portray.

Thanks for the comments, though smile.gif