Empath advice

by Neos

Back to Survival Guide.

Neos2010-06-22 23:33:42
After a few years believing that I would only put lessons into aethercraft after I'd transed my other skills, I was proven wrong. I put lessons in and am generally interested in aetherhunts, not only because they're great experience. So I much prefer empathing and I just wanted to ask others how they handle the task of being an empath during an aetherhunt.

• How do you handle it?
  • Do you manual at all?
  • Do you keep track of everything? i.e slivven count, slivven location, who's at which module, which module attracts the most slivvens

Just asking for a general overview of how others do it? Not asking you to post your code or anything. I'm working on my own way and don't want to just copy others work, but I'd like to see the ways others do it and maybe pick up some ideas from that.
Ssaliss2010-06-22 23:55:02
QUOTE (AquaNeos @ Jun 23 2010, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After a few years believing that I would only put lessons into aethercraft after I'd transed my other skills, I was proven wrong. I put lessons in and am generally interested in aetherhunts, not only because they're great experience. So I much prefer empathing and I just wanted to ask others how they handle the task of being an empath during an aetherhunt.

• How do you handle it?
  • Do you manual at all?
  • Do you keep track of everything? i.e slivven count, slivven location, who's at which module, which module attracts the most slivvens

Just asking for a general overview of how others do it? Not asking you to post your code or anything. I'm working on my own way and don't want to just copy others work, but I'd like to see the ways others do it and maybe pick up some ideas from that.

Personally, I've got a very simplistic system as follows (or rather, a simplistic explanation of the core of my system):

If you're hit by an attack, heal the hull.

When you regain balance, heal the hull and use GRID MODULES.

Check each line of GRID MODULES and heal modules, if necessary, except those that have slivvens attached (this could, of course, be modified to always heal some modules, i.e. grid and chair, even if they have slivvens on them).

When someone asks for slivvens, use GRID MODULES and report which modules have slivvens on them. Personally I prefer to have a variable set to 1 as soon as someone asks, and when I see an aetherhold in the module list, it's set to 0. Aetherholds always come last, it would seem.

As to manual vs automatic, it's pretty much completely automated, but there are times I have to manually reset variables/heal specific modules/check slivvens etc.
Sylphas2010-06-23 00:27:40
I manually repair everything. If you have a smooth run, you can be all but afk on grid even without a system. I have it call slivven, and I set crew positions so that it calls out names instead of module numbers for most of them.
Ardmore2010-06-23 00:34:58
Similar to Ssaliss'.

When hit, heal the hull.
Upon balance heal hull, then heal chair, grid, turret, turret, turret, then just heal module.

When we get a slivven, I look at GRID MODULES and send a tell to the person who's slivvening where all the slivvens are.

When they call for slivven locations, I do the same.