Would you consider this an effective way of healing?

by Unknown

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2010-07-12 03:45:42
So I was looking into the firstaid skill and I thought about creating a system that tracks your afflictions and isntead of curing it, it will put it on my first aid queue and then cure it by using the firstaid skillset instead of a system.

would you guys consider that an effective way of healing?
Shaddus2010-07-12 03:58:39
No, because firstaid still requires balance or whatever. Anything which slows your balance would mess you up. You would also lose groups if you got afflicted and had to firstaid.
Lorina2010-07-12 04:00:37
I wouldn't center your system around it, but First Aid is awesome in a pinch if you don't have a system! Shaddus was right, you wont' be able to do anything, but first aid in combat. It would be very unlikely you would even be able to get an attack off! sad.gif

Are you in need of a system? There are many free ones out there.
Unknown2010-07-12 04:02:45
QUOTE (Lorina @ Jul 12 2010, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't center your system around it, but First Aid is awesome in a pinch if you don't have a system! Shaddus was right, you wont' be able to do anything, but first aid in combat. It would be very unlikely you would even be able to get an attack off! sad.gif

Are you in need of a system? There are many free ones out there.

could you point me in the direction of some of those free ones.
Xavius2010-07-12 04:03:10
If you're actually using the queue, it should be fine, if a bit crude.

EDIT: Treant
Lehki2010-07-12 04:11:05
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Jul 11 2010, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, because firstaid still requires balance or whatever. Anything which slows your balance would mess you up. You would also lose groups if you got afflicted and had to firstaid.
FIRSTAID consumes eq, FIRSTAID ADD and FIRSTAID CUREQUEUE do not.

However I don't think firstaid is designed quite well enough to be the core of a curing system.
Unknown2010-07-12 19:30:17
first aide sounds a lot like a skill from another game I play. In which point if there is a way for your opponent to give you hidden afflictions your idea is not entirely bad so long as it only uses it every so many times a hidden affliction is received and not cured via another message popping up to let you know you have it.

Edit; I do agree it should not be the core of your curing though but a nice supplement
Unknown2010-07-12 19:35:39
FirstAid was instituted to bring down the super-high entry bar to allow newbies and non-programmers to get more involved in combat. It's a very useful system, but players who do know how to code will still be able to create mechanics suited better to their own abilities and equipment.

I recommend using it to learn more about afflictions and cures or to get involved in some group combat fun, but don't rely on it forever unless you want to be a casual combat sort of guy. Otherwise, you're likely to get frustrated when you can't keep up.