Zap/Shout Ideas

by Nienla

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Nienla2010-06-01 14:10:05
So I'm kind of at a loss to what to make my zap and shout now that I've obtained a Demigod. Any suggestions.
Siam2010-06-01 14:26:01
QUOTE (Nienla @ Jun 1 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I'm kind of at a loss to what to make my zap and shout now that I've obtained a Demigod. Any suggestions.

Do you have a particular theme in mind? Do you want it to be different from the existing ones?
Felicia2010-06-01 14:28:57
What sort of templates are we dealing with? What are the character limits?

By template, I mean: Which words are set in stone that have to be worked around to create the full description (e.g., "She is a nimble shadowcaster faeling and " for a regular description)?
Siam2010-06-01 14:30:50
QUOTE (Felicia @ Jun 1 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What sort of templates are we dealing with? What are the character limits?

By template, I mean: Which words are set in stone that have to be worked around to create the full description (e.g., "She is a nimble shadowcaster faeling and " for a regular description)?

ZAP GUIDELINES
--------------
In the config_zap messages, please use these dynamic verbs:
Referring to yourself: $=(caster$), $=(he$), $=(his$), $=(him$)
Referring to target: $=(target$), $=(lhe$), $=(lhis$), $=(lhim$)

Note: You may not refer to either yourself or the target in the Area message.
Note: When you begin a sentence with a dynamic verb, use $+ instead of $=

Please limit your zap messages to no greater than 2 lines of text per entry.
The zap attack is an electrical-based energy attack, so the custom messages
should bear that in mind.
Siam2010-06-01 14:33:36
QUOTE (thisismydisplayname @ Jun 1 2010, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ZAP GUIDELINES
--------------
In the config_zap messages, please use these dynamic verbs:
Referring to yourself: $=(caster$), $=(he$), $=(his$), $=(him$)
Referring to target: $=(target$), $=(lhe$), $=(lhis$), $=(lhim$)

Note: You may not refer to either yourself or the target in the Area message.
Note: When you begin a sentence with a dynamic verb, use instead of $=

Please limit your zap messages to no greater than 2 lines of text per entry.
The zap attack is an electrical-based energy attack, so the custom messages
should bear that in mind.

Gah, forgot it's not the same as in CONFIG_ZAP SHOW. Here it is:

Your Custom Zap (Not Approved):
1 = What you see: ""
3 = What people in your room see: ""
1t = What your target sees: ""
3t = What people in your targets room see: ""
Area = What everyone in the same area sees: ""
Felicia2010-06-01 14:41:22
That all makes sense. I'll assume two lines = 160 characters a la standard word wrap.

Well, I'll try to contribute here as I'm able. I love working on descriptions! Nienla, if you have any general ideas or themes in mind, toss 'em out. Otherwise, I'm going to bang out something to do with electric bananas and kittens (not really).
Nienla2010-06-01 14:55:30
Erm. Generally, I'm all about the Nochtian/Nightshade/Shadow/Silence theme. If that helps.
Ileein2010-06-01 15:03:08
Try this:

1 = What you see: "You clap your hands together sharply, but produce no sound. A streak of shadow ripples silently off towards $=(target$)."
3 = What people in your room see: "$=(caster$) claps $=(his$) hands together sharply, but produces no sound. A streak of shadow ripples silently off towards $=(target$)."
1t = What your target sees: "A bolt of shadow streaks towards you and wraps itself around your body agonizingly. You try to scream, but cannot make a sound."
3t = What people in your targets room see: "A bolt of shadow streaks towards $=(target$) and wraps itself around $=(lhis$) body. $=(lhe$) convulses and opens $=(lhis$) mouth soundlessly in pain."
Area = What everyone in the same area sees: "An oppressive silence falls briefly as some shadowy essence streaks overhead, darkening the sky."

I may not have replaced all of the dynamic pronouns properly, especially the ones involving "You" and "your." Sorry. sad.gif

Just a suggestion! I don't mean to imply that I'll be hurt if you don't use it or anything.
Nienla2010-06-01 15:07:12
QUOTE (Ileein @ Jun 1 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try this:

1 = What you see: "You clap your hands together sharply, but produce no sound. A streak of shadow ripples silently off towards $=(target$)."
3 = What people in your room see: "$=(caster$) claps $=(his$) hands together sharply, but produces no sound. A streak of shadow ripples silently off towards $=(target$)."
1t = What your target sees: "A bolt of shadow streaks towards you and wraps itself around your body agonizingly. You try to scream, but cannot make a sound."
3t = What people in your targets room see: "A bolt of shadow streaks towards $=(target$) and wraps itself around $=(lhis$) body. $=(lhe$) convulses and opens $=(lhis$) mouth soundlessly in pain."
Area = What everyone in the same area sees: "An oppressive silence falls briefly as some shadowy essence streaks overhead, darkening the sky."

I may not have replaced all of the dynamic pronouns properly, especially the ones involving "You" and "your." Sorry. sad.gif

Just a suggestion! I don't mean to imply that I'll be hurt if you don't use it or anything.

No worries! I'm mostly brainstorming ideas that I see here and I'll come up with something collectively.
Ileein2010-06-01 15:09:32
I just really liked the image of being choked by silence and being unable to scream. smile.gif So I ran with it.
Felicia2010-06-01 16:10:56

1 = "An effulgent ray of crackling green energy flares from your fingertip, carving a furrow of darkness across the heavens as it streaks toward $=(target$)."
3 = "An effulgent ray of crackling green energy flares from $=(caster$)'s fingertip, carving a furrow of darkness across the heavens as it streaks toward $=(target$)."
1t = "A wave of malevolent energy crashes into you, threading vicious tendrils of pain through every nerve and filling your mind with visions of vilest horror."
3t = "An effulgent ray of crackling green energy crashes into $=(target$), cloaking $=(lhim$) in a gloomy nimbus as $=(lhis$) face twists into a rictus of terror."
Area = "An effulgent green ray streaks across the heavens, leaving a furrow of unnatural darkness in its wake."

Yeah, I know, "effulgent" is a highfalutin' word. So sue me. tongue.gif

Not the best description I've ever made, but hopefully it will inspire you.
Ileein2010-06-01 16:23:43
Eventru likes it. ninja.gif
Unknown2010-06-01 19:00:49
Thunder... horse. Though nothing can beat Thul's zap message.
Siam2010-06-03 06:01:34
Just an idea:

The sweet fragrance of nightshade flowers waft in on soundless breezes as Nienla's voice resounds, "This is a demi-shout."