Other Plots, Lusternia Setting

by Lysandus

Back to Creative Arts.

Lysandus2010-04-28 13:08:10
Well I'm bored and started thinking of movies and stories that could fit within Lusternia's universe. So letting my creative side go wild, I imagine the first two plots that could go with Lusternia's settings.

First off:

Plot Setting:

Long Ago, the Four Cities live together in harmony. But everything changed when Gaudiguch attacked. Only the Avatar, who transcends all Four Elements could stop them, but when the Basin needed him the most, he vanished. Now a hundred years have passed, the Dragon Empire nearing victory when two young Merians discover a new Avatar somewhere in the Inner Sea, an Aeromancer named Aang. Although he's a master in Aeromancy, he has a lot to learn before he can do anything. But most believe Aang could save Lusternia.

Cast:

Trill Aeromancer - Aang
Merian Aquamancer - Katara
Merian Paladin Hunter - Sokka
Thunderbird - Appa
Dracnari Pyromancer - Zuko
2nd Dracnari Pyromancer - Iroh

If anyone can think of names, be it an existing player or not, they'll be welcome.

Next:
God of War Series

Plot Setting:

Kratos (Murphy), a promising Ur'guard from the warrior city of Magnagora who defeated the God of War, Lord Hajamin, returns with vengeance in his heart, this time directed towards all the Divine Gods especially to the goddess Estarra, who he almost defeated in mortal combat but was intervened by Lady Terentia herself. Having defied death twice, defeated the Sisters of Fate, released the Soulless Gods from their prison and wielded the Sword of Avechna. He now heads towards top of Avechna's Peak to exact payment to those who betrayed him. He will stop at nothing in getting revenge.

Cast:

Murphy as Kratos (In case anyone forgets, there was a time Murphy was able to defeat Hajamin in a duel, if it was in an Arena or Outside, I've forgotten that detail)
Estarra as Zuesse (Yes, female version of Zeus, can't think of anything else)
Meridian as Poseidon
Lyreth as Hermes (The first name that pops into my mind when I think of who'll play as Hermes)
Fain as Hades (Well, he has a mask, God of War's Hades has a helmet, both conceals their true faces, until Murphy/Kratos rips it away though)
Terentia as Athena
Eventru as Helios (Well, they're both bright in appearance)
Unknown2010-04-28 17:10:16
Oh, I'll play!

But its more fun if we don't put what the parody is of!

An incredibly wealthy dwarf hires the finest gnomish scientists and dracnari beastmasters to build and work on a private aetherbubble. His dream is to make a great amusement attraction by bringing to life minor soulless gods, keeping them in captivity and under careful control. Before opening it to the public, he seeks out the good graces and approval of a cadre of experts, including a merian archeologist, a hartstone druid, and an eccentric paradigmatics theorist. They will be shown around the bubble in the comany of an expert tracker, and the dwarf's lucidian contractual consultant. But what they don't expect is the betrayal of a pudgy gnomish architect, right in the midst of a wild aether storm!

In the era of the Holy Celestian Empire, three minor offenders escape from a Hallifaxian penal work camp in pursuit of the promise of buried treasure, and flee across the rural countryside. They are shortly pursued by a tracker dispatched by the Ur’guard, and make a few narrow escapes amid a slew of minor adventures. They run afoul of a Krokani conman, as well as a local political figure and his midget, all while unwittingly becoming folk stars due to an aether-performance they made to earn a quick few sovereigns.

Two trill musicians are in danger of flunking out of the University of Cosmic Understanding, in which case one of them will be sent off for training to join the sentinels, forever dashing their hopes for the future. When all seems lost, a lucidian from the future arrives to give them a chance to pass their last test, by travelling through time to collect a series of figures from the past. Little do they know the trouble they cause when they inadvertently set Emperor Ladantine, Rowena Nightshade, Bhodifucius Xiim, En’oonki Lars, and others loose in modern day Hallifax!
Eldanien2010-04-28 17:20:44
Droplet on your hand
Finds many imperfections.
Oops, did I say that?
Lillie2010-04-28 17:30:26
I was thinking Jurassic Park at first for yours, Akui, but now I'm not sure.
Edit: your first one.

A dracnari has been curiously unable to breathe fire since birth. Uncertain of why this is, he travels the country and consults a lucidian, whose information suggests, albeit unclearly, that he can breathe fire if he but knew how. The dracnari acquires a signed affidavit from the lucidian, a trusted information authority in the Basin. However, when the time comes to demonstrate his fire-breathing ability, the powers that be refuse to pay any attention to the lucidian's word, and thus the young dracnari is exiled from Gaudiguch into the unknown and forbidding Skarch desert beyond the Basin of Life. While there, he meets a very infamous Paradigmatics user and a skilled human illusionist, and eventually finds out that though he cannot breathe fire, he is instead completely immune to flame-based attack. Armed with this knowledge, he makes his way back to the Basin of Life while learning that everything he had been taught about the Paradigmatics user was wrong and that he was, in fact, compassionate and caring as opposed to evil (as he had been taught). Eventually, said magician (cough) takes the throne of Gaudiguch and leads the dracnari people into a new golden age.
Eldanien2010-04-28 17:35:41
I LOVE that second one. Thumbs up.

And the third one. Wow. Eclectic.
Lendren2010-04-28 19:14:49
I wanted to do one where a tailoring cartel starts giving orders to the Ninjakari for who needs to be killed for the greater good, but in Lusternia, we don't even have crossbows, and if we did, who would care about curving their bolts?

I could talk about the ragtag, motley crew of a run-down, firefly-shaped aethership who keep to the black to avoid the authoritarian goons of the Central Cities, ekeing out a living doing whatever jobs they can get whether legal or not, and getting themselves into all kinds of bigger trouble along the way than they bargained for... but I already wrote the play. smile.gif

I'm surprised no one has suggested one where a crippled ur'Guard is given a Glamour to infiltrate Serenwilde but eventually goes native, not in time to stop them blowing up the Moonhart Mother Tree, but with the help of some wyvern-riders, in time to save the Tree of Trees from the final assault of his citymates. Too bad the mage who was creating the avatar glamours, and who also eventually went native, died along the way.
Aerotan2010-04-28 21:03:21
Akui's first and second are 'Jurrasic Park' and 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?', but I'm not sure about the third one.

Lillie, You get ossom points for 'Spell for Chameleon'.

Lendren: Is that first one "House of Flying Daggers' or am I way off?

And for mine:
Far into the future, the Illithoid have started an aetherspace academy to train strategists for an eventual incursion by the Kephera that they fear is coming. These strategists are from all walks of life, and many different races, and are subjected to grueling wargames in the Parralax arena.

Eventually, a young lucidian enters this academy, and quickly rises through the ranks by virtue of his understanding of the system, and his brilliant tactical mind. He never loses a Wargames, and eventually graduates from the academy under dubious circumstances just AFTER he's cracked. From then on, he undergoes training closely supervised by a former Ranking champion Tahtetso who's far older than he should be. Eventually, with the assistance of a ragtag group of misfits, including an incredibly intelligent faeling, a religious dracnari, and a female aslaran with nerves of steel, they finally beat the last stage of the training 'game', which turned out to be a real, decisive victory against Zenobia's hive, wiping out the Kephera for good. (Or are they?!)

And:
Stranded on Vesucia, a crew of seven (a lucidian professor, an aslaran actress, a Wainright, two gnome merchants, a Tae'Dae captain, and his Furrikin subbordinate) make do with the things they find on the island, mostly due to the lucidian professor's ingenuity and the strength and resilience of the tae'dae and furrikin. They make several unsuccessful attempts to leave, many of which are foiled by the furrikin's clumsiness.
Diamondais2010-04-28 21:13:34
QUOTE (Aerotan @ Apr 28 2010, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Akui's first and second are 'Jurrasic Park' and 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?', but I'm not sure about the third one.

Third one reminds me of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Unknown2010-04-28 21:42:39
QUOTE (Aerotan @ Apr 28 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lendren: Is that first one "House of Flying Daggers' or am I way off?

The "curving bolts" makes me want to say its Wanted. But I could be wrong.
Sylphas2010-04-28 21:43:42
QUOTE (Sarvasti @ Apr 28 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "curving bolts" makes me want to say its Wanted. But I could be wrong.

The tailoring cartel definitely makes it Wanted.
Caffrey2010-04-28 22:01:41
A group of ragtag Lusternians aboard an aethership fly around in aetherspace searching for aertherbubbles that could be a potential threat to Lusternia prime. If a threat is established they supercharge a powerstone connected to a gnomish contraption that detonates in the aetherbubble and neutralises the threat. During a black dragon attack the gnomish device attached to one of the powerstones is damaged and malfunctions, absorbing a errant divine spark and becoming sentient. Fearing it will explode the crew attempt to use their debating skills to talk the gnomish device down, but unfortunately they run out of bromide refills and the gnomish device explodes, destroying the aethership. Two crew members wearing state-of-the-art gnomish aethersuits survive and are thrown into aetherspace with no chance of rescue, awaiting their Fates.

Too easy? tongue.gif
Lillie2010-04-28 23:35:40
A group of explorers, early after Project Cosmic Hope, venture into the Serenwilde, collecting data in the form of magical moving portraits. But the forest is hostile to them, and many dark omens are seen leading up to the apparent death of all involved.

Only the moving portraits remained...

There are some words and plot points that I should use but can't because it'd blow everything away. :/ Sorry for the vagueness.
Lendren2010-04-29 02:19:33
QUOTE (Sylphas @ Apr 28 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tailoring cartel definitely makes it Wanted.

That, and I put the answers to all of mine right there in them. tongue.gif
Jules2010-04-29 19:10:23
So, I have this idea for a great movie. It's about two gnomes who find a bracelet of power, and they have to take it to the Burning Steppes and cast it into the Cauldron. They form the Brotherhood of the Bracelet. Along the way they're trailed by a murloc named Gottom, who's obsessed with the bracelet, and nine bracelet bogeymen. It could be a three-parter, called 'Ruler of the Bracelet'. The first part would be called 'The Brotherhood of the Bracelet', followed by 'A Couple of Towers', with the climactic ending called 'Hey, the King's Back!

...crap, wrong game.
Hazar2010-04-29 19:20:41
QUOTE (Aerotan @ Apr 28 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Far into the future, the Illithoid have started an aetherspace academy to train strategists for an eventual incursion by the Kephera that they fear is coming. These strategists are from all walks of life, and many different races, and are subjected to grueling wargames in the Parralax arena.

Eventually, a young lucidian enters this academy, and quickly rises through the ranks by virtue of his understanding of the system, and his brilliant tactical mind. He never loses a Wargames, and eventually graduates from the academy under dubious circumstances just AFTER he's cracked. From then on, he undergoes training closely supervised by a former Ranking champion Tahtetso who's far older than he should be. Eventually, with the assistance of a ragtag group of misfits, including an incredibly intelligent faeling, a religious dracnari, and a female aslaran with nerves of steel, they finally beat the last stage of the training 'game', which turned out to be a real, decisive victory against Zenobia's hive, wiping out the Kephera for good. (Or are they?!)

Too easy. I suppose he then goes on to be the first Cenobite overseeing the new colony, but then discovers the abandoned body of a young kephera queen - at which point all young illithoid get bored and a little weirded out, and go read the story about how the Faeling made it to the academy from the streets of Magnagora while battling a sociopath?
Sylphas2010-04-29 19:37:52
QUOTE (Hazar @ Apr 29 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too easy. I suppose he then goes on to be the first Cenobite overseeing the new colony, but then discovers the abandoned body of a young kephera queen - at which point all young illithoid get bored and a little weirded out, and go read the story about how the Faeling made it to the academy from the streets of Magnagora while battling a sociopath?

I really should read the rest of the books that aren't about Bean, but I never got into them. sad.gif
Unknown2010-05-16 16:04:55
Another one, because I just saw it!

A struggling Gaudiguch Gossip reporter tails along after a dispossessed paradigmatics user into the Skarch desert on a secret mission. Along the way, the history of the Templars is discussed via flashback, and several adventures are had, including being kidnapped by a group of rogue Mags and travelling briefly with a party of Hallifaxian contractors. Eventually, the pair find the former Templar commander working under a corrupt underling at a camp in the middle of the desert. They help the former commander to redeem himself, and slip okorushi into the watersupply, allowing them to free prisioners at the camp, as well as a pack of sandojin kept in a shed with the hopes that they could be killed just by having a paradigmatics user stare at them.
Shiri2010-05-16 16:39:34
A lazy hexen Shadowdancer, an energetic but annoying astrologer Celestine, an exasperated Ur'Guard and an absentminded Nihilist chef decide to set up a Terror coven and go raid Serenwilde, killing all the random fireflies, birds, rabbits and collegium teachers they can get their hands on in order to persuade the Moondancer leadership to stop blocking the aetherspace exit to Moon's Abode so they can get back to bashing Ladies. The Moondancers give up after a solid night of griefing but only on the condition that the invaders also kill that annoying ambiguously-gendered hermit that lurks around in the forest being argumentative and doing nothing useful. Almost everyone is satisfied.

EDIT: Later, some annoying bitch with trans planar discovers a way to put up a permanent rift up to the moon bubble so the chef can go in and steal all the quest items whenever anyone tries to complete it.
Sylphas2010-05-16 17:50:30
QUOTE (Shiri @ May 16 2010, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lazy hexen Shadowdancer, an energetic but annoying astrologer Celestine, an exasperated Ur'Guard and an absentminded Nihilist chef decide to set up a Terror coven and go raid Serenwilde, killing all the random fireflies, birds, rabbits and collegium teachers they can get their hands on in order to persuade the Moondancer leadership to stop blocking the aetherspace exit to Moon's Abode so they can get back to bashing Ladies. The Moondancers give up after a solid night of griefing but only on the condition that the invaders also kill that annoying ambiguously-gendered hermit that lurks around in the forest being argumentative and doing nothing useful. Almost everyone is satisfied.

EDIT: Later, some annoying bitch with trans planar discovers a way to put up a permanent rift up to the moon bubble so the chef can go in and steal all the quest items whenever anyone tries to complete it.

That actually sounds like something that would happen in Lusternia relatively frequently.
Shiri2010-05-17 15:01:01
Yeah, I was amused by how plausible it sounded when I was finished making the analogues.