Chat with Ptoma

by Lehki

Back to Event Scrolls.

Lehki2010-04-11 04:08:10
Nejii was checking out the hive, and I was telling him a bit about it and Ptoma.

You say, "Though she was flipping out when some illithoid from Glom was standing here."

Nejii ponders the situation.

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Well, I should hope so."

Fanning herself idly, Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Is there something you need, or have you come to offer one of your males up as a possible consort?"

You point accusingly at Nejii.

Hive Queen Ptoma gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

You say, "Doesn't look it now but sometimes she's a male!"

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Not particularly attractive."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Or appropriate."

Completely annoyed, Nejii glowers darkly at Hive Queen Ptoma.

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "I meant your male, sister."

Hive Queen Ptoma ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Oh, my apologies."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "I hope it is not your mate."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "So fleshy looking."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Far from it."

You mutter discontentedly.

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "I have nothing against looking fleshy, mind you."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "This one is the mate of my daughter, as it happens."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "And why am I saying "this one"?! I think we've been enabling this habit far enough."

A waxy smell lingers in your nostrils, carried by an errant, stagnant breeze.

You say to Hive Queen Ptoma, "You wound me. Zenobia is quite fond of me, I'll have you know."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Daughter? You surface-dwellers are so strange."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Oh? Well, you are an Honoured Companion, I suppose."

Hive Queen Ptoma ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Still, too soft."

You shrug helplessly.

Looking to Nejii through her fan, Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Does his butt glow?"

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Not when he's sober."

You stare blankly into space.

You look up into the air for divine inspiration.

Returning to idly fanning herself, Hive Queen Ptoma says, "I see. Yes, terribly unattractive."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "I'm sorry to hear that."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Speaking of appearances, these geomycae are quite interesting."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "The geomycus? Yes. Strange little things."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Are they born with those colours, or do they develop them through their singing?"

Hive Queen Ptoma exclaims, "Who would have thought such simple spirits could be so useful!"

"Heh heh heh" you chuckle.

Aloysha arrives from the south.

Aloysha tilts his head curiously.

Looking bored with the topic, Hive Queen Ptoma says, "I do not know. Neferti might, or that toadstool of hers, Laminator. Something about partially being awoken from the metal or something."

Ensign Aloysha says, "Ah, hello."

With a flourish of his arm, Aloysha bows deeply.

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "I do not know, it is just such a boring topic."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "On the contrary, I find it very interesting. But I will not trouble you with it any further."

You incline your head politely to Aloysha.

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "I should speak to a K...ah, a warden about it. I've been interested in the kephera understanding of metal for a while now."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Why do you care about such spirits?"

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "They are simple things, like mushrooms and rocks."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "They would probably be dinner, if I did not prefer my food be quiet."

You say, "Possibly because we put so much work into breeding tem."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Because they are of great value in and of themselves, for starters. I understand that you do not believe so, but although you may not realise this, spirits like the fae are the key to saving this world, or will be one day."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "I could go into more details on why I find them so fascinating but I expect you would find it terribly boring."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "I sincerely doubt a few paltry talking mushrooms will be the difference between sealing back the evil that would mar this beautiful world."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "It need not be a few of them."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "In any case, I do wish you would give them some respect. I understand it is hard since they are, hmm, even more foreign to you than we are, and you seem to have enough difficulty with appreciating surface culture as it is."

You say, "Actually, that's exactly what they were originally intended for."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "But it is important, really."

You shrug helplessly.

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Nonsense! Hyfae grow mushrooms dear."

Hive Queen Ptoma gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "They are weak spirits, probably even by your surface standards."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "That may be true, but they do have other qualities."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Maybe it would be nice if they could construct sentences properly though."

Nejii shifts her eyes suspiciously from side to side.

"Heh heh heh" you chuckle.

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Like I said! simple."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Well, be that as it may, I believe they may have something to teach us. But in the meantime, I am glad they are helping out your mine so much."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "You seem pleased with their efficiency."

You say, "Mmm, Kaniun told me that they really turned the mining efforts around here."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Mhm."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Out of curiosity, until recently what had you been doing with the metal?"

You say, "And that Ixthiaxa is quite jealous of them."

You crease your brow in a frown.

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Occasionally construction projects, selling it to the other hives."

Hive Queen Ptoma's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Nejii nods her head emphatically.

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "And yes. Undoubtedly those filthy abominations will attempt to steal them from us."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "But we have placed sentries throughout our hive, which will help stop such attempts at infultration."

The sound of picks rings out dimly through Ptoma.

Nejii nods her head emphatically.

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Hopefully Hallifax will contribute towards that too, since you've signed up with them."

You look about yourself, rubbing your chin thoughtfully.

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "Should they neglect their duty, we will naturally be prepared to help you all out should you feel you need it."

Ensign Aloysha says, "Yah, we will."

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Indeed. We shall see how things continue."

You say, "Hallifax has some political connections with the organization that illithoid settlement pledged itself too. I'm sure they'll work something out to keep them from raiding here."

The scent of melting, faintly musky wax reaches your nostrils, carried by an errant breeze.

Hive Queen Ptoma says, "Hopefully they shall work out a means to annihilate the filth from the Undervault."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "I look forward to it."

You say, "We killed a good number of them earlier, but there's quite a lot of them there."

Nejii Talnara, Heir to Kiakoda says, "In any case, I bid you good day! I am off to find a warden or similar to talk to."
Unknown2010-04-12 09:05:35
Just to give this thread some love: I agree with Ptoma.
Shiri2010-04-12 10:05:31
For the record, I'm up for a trade if they are, Lamella is way better than Maeve.
Kiradawea2010-04-12 10:13:38
Lamella the Laminator is awesome. Period. One of the coolest mobs in the game.