Glomdoring conquest

by Unknown

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Unknown2010-04-02 23:48:04
So back in the day, Magnagora took the conquest path because they had low charisma, while other orgs generally took other paths. While I don't think the system was exactly the same, my older character still has quite a few village enemy statuses from those days.

Does anyone else find it strange then, that Glomdoring, who have the highest charisma I think, would choose the conquest path? If it doesn't work out for them, they'll have to spend a fair amount of gold getting that undone. Unless they aren't intending to raid villages that is, but if they don't, is there really being a point to being conquest?
Eldanien2010-04-02 23:53:17
I don't know about how it works now, but back then Conquest just meant larger tithes, quicker turnover. It favored the org that consistently claims higher numbers of villages - you get more out of each village, banking on your ability to regain that village when it revolts. It didn't have much if anything to do with attacking villages. That was done to weaken a village's loyalty to whatever org held it.
Esano2010-04-03 00:01:48
QUOTE (Eldanien @ Apr 3 2010, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about how it works now, but back then Conquest just meant larger tithes, quicker turnover. It favored the org that consistently claims higher numbers of villages - you get more out of each village, banking on your ability to regain that village when it revolts. It didn't have much if anything to do with attacking villages. That was done to weaken a village's loyalty to whatever org held it.

You're thinking of Despotic, I'm fairly sure. Conquest is lower tithes, but passive increase in respect from your own and others' villages, plus you can attack others' villages. Now, however, Conquest has the Conquest Pool to offset the lower tithes, so it's become more attractive.
Unknown2010-04-03 00:07:36
All I really remember about back then, was if you attacked their village, it would turn over faster. Why doesn't particularly matter though, since it's like that now. I just don't get why they don't want to use their influencing skills? tongue.gif
Xenthos2010-04-03 00:20:30
Honestly, nobody really knows how the system works. Conquest is improved by having more villages, so we're testing it out (given that we have 6 villages currently).
Gleip2010-04-03 13:14:06
Seems to me that Conquest is basically Religious, except more power that can only be used for Liveforest and summoning guards.