Reassurances from Lisaera

by Everiine

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Everiine2010-03-14 01:07:00
(In the Fulcrux of Lisaera)

You ask, "Lady Lisaera, are You here?"

You give a pained sigh.

The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "What is bothering you, My dear."

You say, "I lost my hunting companion a few months ago. It tore me up, but I've regained myself. But while bonded to him for so long, our spirits were nearly one. At times, I could almost feel him run and hunt as if I were the one doing so. Bonds like that are not easily broken. I guess then, I have a question-- what happens to such a spirit, such a bond when a companion dies? They cannot be resurgemed, they cannot be immolated. Do they just... cease?"

You ask, "Has a part of me simply ceased to exist?"

Everiine runs his hands through his head feathers and exhales slowly.

The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "Animal spirits never really cease to be, My dear, they are merely set free of their living shell and roam free."

With a sigh, you say, "At least there is that. I hope that somewhere, Hwerro is continuing his hunt. Yet the pain of never seeing him again... that hole in my spirit can only be patched, it can never be whole."

You say, "I've avoided training another companion so far. It just...wouldn't feel right."

The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "While you may no longer touch or hold him as you once did, his spirit is still around you."

You ask, "How can one be sure?"

Silvery motes of light sparkle throughout the air, swirling in an ethereal vortex to reveal the glowing form of Lisaera, the Silver Goddess.

Lisaera leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

You kneel before Lisaera, swearing your allegiance to Her.

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Deep within your heart I am sure you feel his presence from time to time."

You say, "At times, I've thought I could feel him. Fleeting touches here and there."

Turning his eyes downward, you say, "I must sound like a foolish Young Wing whose lost his first pet. Hwerro was not my first companion. But he was special."

Caressing your cheek, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "It is not foolish to mourn the loss of a dear friend."

You feel a familiar presence beside you, as you feel a tingling sensation run over your body.

Everiine scrambles into a standing position, looking around him in confusion.

Softly, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Unfortunately the Fates often deal us painful blow, but it is this that makes us stronger."

Everiine blinks and then nods, showing his understanding.

You feel a feathery light sensation against your left hand, your fingers tingling as if running through soft fur.

Everiine lets a small smile creep over his face.

To the air, you say, "Yes... I feel you."

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Animal spirits often find their way back to you, they may not be in the same form, but their spirit is the same."

Your hand suddenly feels moist and you hear a barely audible howl before the tingling sensations fade.

You say, "If there had been a way to put him back into the form of a wolf, I would do have done it in a heartbeat. But, it's not all about me."

Everiine smiles briefly again, peace returning to his features.

You say to Lisaera, "Thank You, Lady Lisaera. I needed that reassurance."

Everiine looks upwards to the sky.

You say, "And thank you, old friend. Your memory will live as long as I do."

Lisaera leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

Warmly, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "He will always live on within your heart, dear Everiine."

You nod your head at Lisaera.

You say to Lisaera, "I suppose I should ask the kennels to let me train another companion. I'm not much a Tracker without one, now am I."

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Well that is for you to decide when you are ready."

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Don't think of it as a replacement, but merely a new experience and relationship to build upon."

You nod your head at Lisaera.

You say, "Someday, I'll train a companion that doesn't need a vessel for his spirit."

Lisaera flashes you a joyous smile.

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess smiles and says, "One day you very well may."

The form of Lisaera becomes transparent as silvery motes of light twinkle over Her before they fade into nothingness.

With a flourish of your arm, you bow deeply.

The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "Always have faith My dear."

(after leaving the Fulcrux)

You hear a distant howl and out of the corner of your eye you see the silhouette of a wolf running across the horizon.
Unknown2010-03-14 01:17:09
smile.gif
Druken2010-03-14 01:26:34
That's the stuff that's the most memorable about a player's experience. smile.gif Really, really cool.
Druken2010-03-14 01:27:37
I really, really need to post some of the cool Elostian transactions I've had. Dantes and Mushka are awesome <3
Fania2010-03-14 01:36:22
I wish Lady Isune was around to have cool conversations with... or any conversations. It sucks being in an order for a divine who is dormant. depressed.gif
Jules2010-03-14 04:35:04
Wow... It should be experiences like that that draw in new people. When in WoW did you ever see the spirit of your lost companion case the sunset... That must have been a truly memorable and heart-felt experience. Props to Lisaera for being such a wonderful Divine!
Unknown2010-03-14 05:54:43
I cried while reading that =( that's really sweet.
ongaku2010-03-14 05:59:15
Everiine, that brought tears to my eyes. Wasn't Hwerro the wolf you've had since before I went dormant? I remember that name vaguely.

Absolutely beautiful roleplay. smile.gif Makes me wish Lucan had a God to turn to.

It also makes me wish I was brave enough to go to Morgfyre's Fulcrux and yap His ear off. XD About important stuff, that is, not about absolutely nothing, of course.
Unknown2010-03-22 20:35:19
To be honest, I started getting teary eyed reading that. That was really beautiful. I think you should write a IC play detailing that event.