perms

by Anisu

Back to Survival Guide.

Anisu2010-02-16 06:50:02
Ok so I want to adjust my fulcrux, module and door permissions to new realities that are a bit complicated.

So currently I have:
Not enemy of anisu
Except enemy of hallifax
except member of gaudiguch
except member of magnagora
except doman

But I want my to allow certain magnagorians in, for example nymerya.

So how do i change my perms to banish most magnagorians and still allow nymerya to enter. I know just adding her does not work because the except overrules it (also rogues should keep access).

Preferbly a solution that also allows me to overwrite other excepts as well.
Razenth2010-02-16 06:58:32
lol except Doman...

Ahem. You could try:

Not enemy of Anisu
Not enemy of Hallifax
Not member of Gaudiguch
Not member of Magnagora
Not Doman
Nymerya

I honestly don't know if that'd work.
Anisu2010-02-16 07:02:24
QUOTE (Razenth @ Feb 16 2010, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol except Doman...

Ahem. You could try:

Not enemy of Anisu
Not enemy of Hallifax
Not member of Gaudiguch
Not member of Magnagora
Not Doman

woudln't that let everyone in since it evaluates each line seperate

For exampe doman would be valid for the second not, while Munsia would be valid for not being doman. Both being let in?

if only they allowed a group name for rogues so I could just go:
IS member of rogues
IS member of celest
IS member of hallifax
IS member of serenwilde
IS member of glomdoring
IS Nymerya
except enemies of Hallifax
except doman
Razenth2010-02-16 07:03:52
Iunno. Just throwing ideas out. What you say makes sense though.
Zallafar2010-02-16 07:21:46
After reading the perms help file about four times, I conclude you can't do what you want in any easy way. You could except each Mag individually and don't mention Nymerya, which is an insane approach. A bit less insane would be to except all Mag guilds except Nymerya's, then except all ranks in the guild below Nymerya's then except everyone in the guild who is equal or higher rank. Really too painful as well.
Razenth2010-02-16 07:25:22
Well, Nymerya is GM....
Anisu2010-02-16 07:29:20
QUOTE (Razenth @ Feb 16 2010, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, Nymerya is GM....

She was only an example (because most people know I like her), there are other Magnagorians and sadly they are not all guildmasters tongue.gif

I suppose I could just list every rogue I know(they are not supposed to be plenty anyway) and go from there
Sylphas2010-02-16 07:36:39
I wish I had a clue how this worked. I thought I did, until my manse started blocking everyone.
Razenth2010-02-16 07:36:49
How about:
Member of Halli
Member of Celest
Member of Seren
Member of Glom
EXCEPT Enemy of Anisu
EXCEPT Enemy of Halli
EXCEPT Doman
Kiradawea2010-02-16 11:12:22
She'll have to add all her rogues to that list too for that to work though.
Lehki2010-02-16 15:40:12
QUOTE (Anisu @ Feb 16 2010, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
woudln't that let everyone in since it evaluates each line seperate

If that were true that would be very retarded. Are you sure that's how it works?
Sylphas2010-02-16 15:47:09
QUOTE (Lehki @ Feb 16 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that were true that would be very retarded. Are you sure that's how it works?

According to the help files, yes, everything is ORed. So if you have "member of Serenwilde" and "not enemy of Sylphas", everyone not on my enemy list can get in because they match one of the criteria, and anyone in Serenwilde can get in even if they're enemied. EXCEPT is supposed to be an overriding no, but either I'm broken, it's broken, or it's not, because a simple "EXCEPT ENEMY OF SERENWILDE" was keeping out Serens who I'm damned sure weren't enemies.
Lehki2010-02-16 16:02:50
QUOTE (Sylphas @ Feb 16 2010, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to the help files, yes, everything is ORed. So if you have "member of Serenwilde" and "not enemy of Sylphas", everyone not on my enemy list can get in because they match one of the criteria, and anyone in Serenwilde can get in even if they're enemied. EXCEPT is supposed to be an overriding no, but either I'm broken, it's broken, or it's not, because a simple "EXCEPT ENEMY OF SERENWILDE" was keeping out Serens who I'm damned sure weren't enemies.

EDIT: Nevermind, think I get it now. I'll go back to my sentiment of it being retarded. I was thinking of except as being an exception to the previous rule.
Sylphas2010-02-16 16:14:33
QUOTE (Lehki @ Feb 16 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: Nevermind, think I get it now. I'll go back to my sentiment of it being retarded. I was thinking of except as being an exception to the previous rule.

Yeah, I agree. I'd love if you could actually choose the logic. IF NOT (guild enemy OR order enemy OR personal enemy) OR (Nymerya) THEN ENTER would be easily possible if we weren't stuck with a list of ORs and a list of NOTs.
Unknown2010-02-16 16:18:07
The current setup is more like "if x or y or z and (not a and not b and not c)."
Sylphas2010-02-16 16:19:19
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Feb 16 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The current setup is more like "if x or y or z and (not a and not b and not c)."

I'm pretty sure that's what I meant to say by list of nots, but yeah, that. I have no clue how hard it would be to code a variable logic syntax into perms though, so it's just wishful thinking.
Unknown2010-02-16 17:07:51
Honestly, I'd think it'd be easier for them to code a generic evaluation system instead of this specific sort of mess we've gotten ourselves here. Heh.
Atellus2010-02-16 17:27:41
I think it would be easiest with two lists.

One list would be for allows, and the second would be for denies. The allow group would take precedence over the denial group if someone matched both.

So you could deny mag while allowing individuals.

Seems easy to code, and easy to use. You could even have the list start out with deny EVERYONE so perms would be safe by default.
Anisu2010-02-16 17:34:08
QUOTE (Atellus @ Feb 16 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it would be easiest with two lists.

One list would be for allows, and the second would be for denies. The allow group would take precedence over the denial group if someone matched both.

So you could deny mag while allowing individuals.

Seems easy to code, and easy to use. You could even have the list start out with deny EVERYONE so perms would be safe by default.

only sometimes you want deny to take precedence over allow. For example personal and org enemies.

A nice feature I could imagine is a counterpart of the except. Lets call it the always. So manse set fulcrux perms always nymerya would let her in despite any other perm, just like except banishes people despite any perm. Only always should take precedence over except.

Of course diverting coding time for something only I need is silly so I will just adapt
Kalaneya2010-03-17 19:29:43
Will RANK 20 OF NEKOTAI allow the GM/admin/champ to enter the manse, or will I have to do individually add the people? If so, is novicehead = administrator as in the HELP PERMS file? And I can't find guild champ on that file either.

On a somewhat unrelated note, is there a way to change which room is the fulcrux room?