Trader's Survival - Compendiums

by Kharaen

Back to Survival Guide.

Kharaen2010-02-05 19:27:03
The Compendiums are basically excel documents containing lists of designs. It's an essential if you have hundreds of designs to look through, and really only want the cheapest stuff (like rings), or if there are really few designs and you want to flesh out your options with something unique (artisan/bookbinding). It's also a quick way to view different prices and give you a basic idea of what cartels can offer you. (There are no EXAMINED or DROPPED descriptions, only the APPEARANCES. Furthermore, restricted designs are marked in red.)

You don't need to use Excel though, OpenOffice Calc can open up these Compendiums as well.

Each Compendium is tweaked a bit to suit their trade...Jewellers can price gems individually, Cooks can set how many portions per dish they want to charge as well as bottle price. These can be set in the first page of the excel document...the prices will adjust throughout the entire document to reflect the new settings instantaneously. (If you change cloth from 75 to 50, the price of a 5 cloth hat will change from 375 to 250 gold. In the case of cooks, if you change portions from 1 to 4, a 100 gold dish will show up as 25 gold instead.)

These Compendiums are terribly outdated...if you want me to update them, just send me to info. I'll upload the version of the Compendium once I've inputed the new data.

Here are the downloads for them as ZIP files:
{NEW} Artisan
{NEW} Bookbinding
{NEW} Cooking
{NEW} Forging
{NEW} Jewelry
{NEW} Tailoring

All Compendiums

If you want to donate, feel free to do so with credits, gold, information or commodities!

Preview of what a Compendium looks like:
Kante2010-02-05 20:21:37
Man, I wish I had seen this earlier. I JUST dropped 50% Myth Forging (could forge everything).
Aoife2010-02-07 14:59:45
Ooer.

Do you have a preferred method for receiving info? E-mail, PM, etc? Would it help if it's in a similarly-formatted spreadsheet?
Kharaen2010-02-07 15:16:42
Usually people send me the info as you would see it in game, like so:

3431 Para a brushed silver box
You carefully study an artisan design.
Item: Box Type: Boxes Org: Para
Commodities: silver 8 sapphire 3 silk 2 pearl 2
Mortal Reviews: Allowed
Container: Yes Can Have Lock: Yes
IMPORTANT: The main noun of this item MUST use this name: BOX
Appearance:
a brushed silver box
Dropped:
A brushed silver box has been abandoned here, light reflecting dazzlingly off of its sapphire dolphins.
Examined:
The silver used to craft this box is an inch thick, its borders richly
carved into seashells. The interior of the box is lushly padded with
white velvet, the fabric's softness well capable of providing protection
for even the most delicate of baubles. The silver around the closure of
the box has been cunningly connived into frothing waves, its foam tipped
with shards of iridescent pearl. The delicate clasp is encircled by a
pair of leaping dolphins, their forms intricately chiseled from
sapphires. The silver hinges of the box have been lightly engraven with
the image of a sleeping wolf.

And I'd take the information from that and put it into the compendium. Descriptions aren't necessary, and I don't pay attention to them if they are from private cartels, as I know some people might not like that. If submitting private cartel designs though (maybe as a form as advertisement?) be sure to indicate which designs are restricted, so I can mark them as so in the compendium smile.gif

Also, I prefer sent by Forum PM if it's just a quick update (a couple designs.)

But if it's a large/huge update (an entire cartel, or over 50 designs), please send that via email (lusternia.compendiums@gmail.com)
Shaddus2010-02-07 19:20:00
Vouching for this. I recieved my copy a long time ago, and it's wonderfully done.
Quois2010-02-08 18:55:06
Excellent resource. Highly recommend contributing; it's not much effort, and it does a lot of good for both trademasters and those looking for designs.
Kharaen2010-02-08 19:28:48
And with Quois post comes...a jewelry compendium update, Quois' cartel of Steelrose.
Fania2010-02-08 23:06:30
I sent you a bunch of stuff (with the threat of sending you more). Hopefully it helps.
Kharaen2010-02-09 15:33:21
Fania's Creative Flow and Aquatic cartels have now been added to the Tailoring compendium. Also, Starweavers got a big update. Thanks Fania!
Unknown2010-02-10 04:52:27
Not sure if this warrants adding but you can get snowballs at any time in the Kiakodan Nature reserve or the Glacier Sea, the former far more easily accessible.
Shaddus2010-02-11 18:14:52
Don't kill me, but I just sent you a small amount of cartels suspicious.gif
Kharaen2010-02-11 19:35:21
Hee, after double exp I'll be sure to update the compendium!

Do keep sending me info for the compendiums wink.gif

The snowball thing was minor, but I did plug it in. Next time I get a cartel or designs and upload a revision, you'll see that change.
Kharaen2010-02-14 15:50:49
Two new updates:

Aoife's cartel of Amiruoan Threads has been added to the Tailoring compendium!

The Bookbinder's compendium has been written...current colours are the same as the tailoring compendium's colours. If you can think of a good colour scheme, I'll change it to its own unique colours. Bookbinder's compendium will also be fairly out of date, and it's mostly just public designs so far.

Each time I post an update post, I'll have the first post marked with what links have been updated as well.
Janalon2010-02-14 18:03:59
Would this project be better delivered as a spreadsheet on Google Docs?
Shulamit2010-02-14 18:06:23
Bookbinding designs? Where...shiny! I can give the designs to Lunar Rose, if you'd like...

Shulamit
Kharaen2010-02-14 18:18:32
This project was started before...and was actually a thing I sold. But really only one person bought it, heh. When I came out of activity, I decided to give it away for free (this thread.)

Google docs would be cumbersome and just plain...ugly. I also don't think you can affect a google document...only the creator can? So how would you be able to change prices :/

This is what I am comfortable with. If you had to pay to use a program to use em, I could understand, but you don't. OpenOffice Calc is the free alternative to Microsoft Works.
Kharaen2010-02-15 13:14:31
Shulamit's Lunar Rose cartel and Hallifax' Skyscribes cartel has been added to the Bookbinder's compendium.
Kharaen2010-03-09 13:13:26
Um, they've all been updated.

Like 18 cartels total throughout all the trades from Shaddus.

Tailoring public had their accessories updated by Aoife (I think? correct me if I'm wrong), and Onyxart has been updated as well.

Bookbinding public list SHOULD be complete, though new designs were likely added since. It is fairly recent though.

Spicegulch added to the cook's compendium.
Arix2010-03-09 13:28:02
I'll pop on right now and get the Spicegulch stuff to you