The picture that could have been...

by Unknown

Back to Creative Arts.

Unknown2010-02-01 23:04:28
I was drawing today, just a simple drawing of my mugwump having caught that frog in Lolliprin for the Newton-related quests (I found the idea of a frog catching a frog somewhat amusing), when, shock! Horror! The program began to crash! I managed to get a screenshot of the part that I was looking at at that moment, but sadly the rest of the picture was lost. That'll teach me to not save regularly crying.gif ... Anyway, enough rambling. Here is the last remnant of the drawing that could have been (but never was!)
Tervic2010-02-01 23:36:59
QUOTE (Phoebus @ Feb 1 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was drawing today, just a simple drawing of my mugwump having caught that frog in Lolliprin for the Newton-related quests (I found the idea of a frog catching a frog somewhat amusing), when, shock! Horror! The program began to crash! I managed to get a screenshot of the part that I was looking at at that moment, but sadly the rest of the picture was lost. That'll teach me to not save regularly crying.gif ... Anyway, enough rambling. Here is the last remnant of the drawing that could have been (but never was!)

I encourage you to start it again. The texturing on that arm looks fantastic!
Kharaen2010-02-02 00:16:32
Speckles! I can't draw speckles, am jealous :< And that frog has an AWESOME expression. So many artisanals have blank faces, you should continue your drawing!
Unknown2010-02-02 00:54:22
Wow, such nice things said blush.gif Yeah, I was really liking how it was turning out, and I would have finished it and everything, but after losing what was already there...well, it is kind of heartbreaking! I figure if I ever do draw up a finished product of my idea, I'll probably start a whole new picture instead of trying to work onto what was already done on this one. Who knows, maybe I'll feel like finishing this one some day, but for now, I think it gets stuck like this indefinitely. sad.gif
Ixion2010-02-02 00:58:29
QUOTE (Phoebus @ Feb 1 2010, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, such nice things said blush.gif Yeah, I was really liking how it was turning out, and I would have finished it and everything, but after losing what was already there...well, it is kind of heartbreaking! I figure if I ever do draw up a finished product of my idea, I'll probably start a whole new picture instead of trying to work onto what was already done on this one. Who knows, maybe I'll feel like finishing this one some day, but for now, I think it gets stuck like this indefinitely. sad.gif

The frog's face is hilarious, you should submit it anyway with a clever RP snippet about why it's undone/cutoff/etc.
Eldanien2010-02-02 01:03:38
Toadcurse: There are worse fates than being squished.
Unknown2010-02-02 01:03:48
QUOTE (Ixion @ Feb 1 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The frog's face is hilarious, you should submit it anyway with a clever RP snippet about why it's undone/cutoff/etc.

I suppose I could, but it kind of feels like cheating confused.gif I'd rather not submit anything unless it was a picture I knew was a finished product.
Kharaen2010-02-02 01:56:49
Here's an example of what DID win:

That frog is full of win on it's own biggrin.gif Go cheat! You'll get a merit for sure!
Unknown2010-02-02 02:07:06
Ok, ok! Compromise, though. I will only submit it if and when I give the poor thing at least some shading, or even a background. If I submittied it as-is, I would feel a little guilty. umm.gif
Kharaen2010-02-02 02:34:03
Then do so -whip-

If it consoles you, my January entry has no background and poor shading biggrin.gif
Unknown2010-02-02 02:58:41
unsure.gif Instead of doing something useful, I just doodled her (hypothetical) feelings towards unfortunate program crashes.

Oh, MSPaint~ At least YOU never crash on me wub.gif
Lorina2010-02-02 03:59:00
MS Paint!? You are very brave... fear.gif
Unknown2010-02-02 05:14:51
QUOTE (Lorina @ Feb 1 2010, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MS Paint!? You are very brave... fear.gif

Hey, MSPaint is great. I promise. ohyeah.gif
Kharaen2010-02-02 05:16:50
I did think the 'Picture That Could of Been' was an MSpaint drawing, actually...

It looks very MSPainty.
Unknown2010-02-02 05:20:59
QUOTE (Kharaen d'Attai @ Feb 2 2010, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did think the 'Picture That Could of Been' was an MSpaint drawing, actually...

It looks very MSPainty.

It isn't! Though I do tend to draw in the pencil tool, that drawing is not an MSPaint drawing. When I color things I tend to want layers, so I use a different program. Usually, I'll draw in an oekaki applet for that sort of thing.
Fania2010-02-02 07:54:56
Ah, the program crashing. It is the bane of my existence. Photoshop is crashing on a regular basis for me now. I can only pray I can get a new computer soon. What you have experienced here is something that happens often in the digital world. If you get good at it, like me, you can crash almost any computer. By "it" I mean creating large files that crash computers. The best thing you can do is just to start again and remember to save five minutes before you think you need to save. You were lucky to save something from your drawing. I like what you do have, so it may be worth submitting with a bit of work. Hopefully your next drawing will work out better.