A Painting of Lady Maylea

by Fania

Back to Creative Arts.

Fania2010-01-26 08:17:04
So I wasn't really happy with the painting I submitted of Lady Maylea way back when. Anyways, almost right afterwards I re-did the painting using the same original drawing but using traditional media. I think it would be almost too much of the same to submit it to the art contest, but I wanted to share it with everyone here. It's a bit darker on the scan, but I couldn't get the value to flatten without washing out the whole image.

Eventru2010-01-26 08:25:16
Wow!!!
Saaga2010-01-26 08:48:45
You have really improved quite a bit over the months, Fania. I absolutely love that. The only problem I have with this work is the lower right corner, basically the line between the grass and Maylea's outfit. Her expression, however, is beautiful.
Rodngar2010-01-26 08:57:03
I really like this, it's pretty damn good. Good work, Fania!
Fania2010-01-27 04:07:53
Thanks guys. I'm not sure if I understand the area you mean, Saaga. Do you mean the area with the brighter green? I don't remember why that area is that colour. I don't like it either. I know I've gotten better recently, but not as much as my artisanal work would reflect. When I started I wasn't putting as much into my art (because of a multitude of reasons). I'm more focused now, so it helps with the quality of my work. It would be nice if I could submit this one to the Artisanal, but I wouldn't know if it would be accepted. In any case it's fun to share.
Lorina2010-01-27 06:23:21
wub.gif
Unknown2010-01-27 10:25:38
Face looks a little wonky to me - the eyes and brows, I think - but it's definitely good. Better than most of the artisanals, so I'm sure you can cash in on it.
Siam2010-01-27 22:27:55
All of us Maylea fanatics have one thing we agree on: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG HAIR. smile.gif

Also, you could've made her hair fall more naturally, i.e. not in a diagonal as it reaches the ground. It's a good piece of Maylean art.