Inconsistency in histories?

by Lehki

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Lehki2010-01-18 03:32:15
Was reviewing the histories some to get ready for the Knowledge and noticed in the Vernal War histories up on the main site we have in this in the section about Juliana.

Meanwhile, she convinced Vestera to be bait to lure Zenos to the northern icecap where Juliana, Kiakoda, Dionamus and several other Vernal Gods laid waiting. Through surprise and sheer strength, they were able to force Zenos into a misty form that were able freeze and sink into the depths.

Then in a summary of what happened to Soulless near the end.

Slowly, the Vernal Gods succeeded in their campaigns. First, Illith the Leviathan was frozen in the icy depths of the ocean. Then, Zenos the Insubstantial was lured to a mountain cave where he was trapped inside by great magicks.

So uh... am I misinterpreting that or has there been a mistake up on the site all this time?
Siam2010-01-18 03:45:01
Actually, when I first noticed this, I just took it as the cave located somewhere in the icecap. But, now, I'm not so sure!
Lehki2010-01-18 04:09:45
QUOTE (thisismydisplayname @ Jan 17 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, when I first noticed this, I just took it as the cave located somewhere in the icecap. But, now, I'm not so sure!

I thought maybe that, but I'm note sure. Also the first mention of Zenos' prison, and the mention of Illith's at the end there, sound the same, so maybe that's a mistake?
Unknown2010-01-18 04:10:27
Yeah, the histories are full of inconsistencies and riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, but it doesn't look like they're ever going to be corrected.
Eventru2010-01-18 04:43:37
Who says historians have to agree?
Xenthos2010-01-18 04:44:32
QUOTE (Eventru @ Jan 17 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While you're here, would you please fix the typo in the title? It is bothering me greatly. sad.gif
Gregori2010-01-18 04:47:58
QUOTE (Eventru @ Jan 17 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One would hope that Canon for a game is consistent, especially when said Canon is used for things like a Knowledge Seal event.

What Denizen historians argue about is one thing, but the Game's factual lore should not be inconsistent.