Reaching for Titan and Demi

by Rodngar

Back to Survival Guide.

Rodngar2010-01-01 10:18:44
I've decided to reach for at least Titan, to satisfy my change of race to Human. This is because I'm under the impression Human is a solid Mage race, but even moreso when you are a Titan or Demi. That, however, is not my problem.

Assuming I've no access to an Aethership for now, where in Gods name do I go at level 75? Astral feels too dangerous, everything else just feels inefficient. I'm really worried that this is going to be a painful push to Astral levels, after which I hear Astral doesn't even yield good experience. I guess my question is: where do I go for some efficient EXP? Are aetherbubbles my only hope? How long is this going to -take me-? Is Titan worth it to a prospective PKer such as myself?
Unknown2010-01-01 10:53:00
You can always try the influencing route. I suppose Hallifax doesn't have guards you can use, but can you influence your cosmic mobs? Try out Tosha and other places like that, too. Charity influencing gives gold, and you can sell or offer your esteem.

I bashed the Undervault from 70-80. It was great gold. 80-90 was influencing. Onwards it was a mixture of influencing, bashing, aetherbashing, influencing, and questing. It's going to be long depending on your utter commitment, but I find that if you don't think about the experience, it'll be a bit easier.
Rika2010-01-01 11:14:46
QUOTE (Alacardael! @ Jan 1 2010, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can always try the influencing route. I suppose Hallifax doesn't have guards you can use, but can you influence your cosmic mobs? Try out Tosha and other places like that, too. Charity influencing gives gold, and you can sell or offer your esteem.

I bashed the Undervault from 70-80. It was great gold. 80-90 was influencing. Onwards it was a mixture of influencing, bashing, aetherbashing, influencing, and questing. It's going to be long depending on your utter commitment, but I find that if you don't think about the experience, it'll be a bit easier.

Hallifax cosmic mobs cannot be influenced.

I've been aetherbashing once so far since I came back and it is really amazing. Problem is that in Hallifax we only have Anisu who can really pilot and it's not really fair if we all ask her to take us on trips.

Other than that, I would suggest finding some of the easier spots such as gorgogs and just keep doing them. It may be slower, but you don't have to worry about it so much. For example, hunting from about 95 to titan, all I ever did was the UV, because I didn't have to worry about finding new spots that may or may not have suited me. It's all about grinding over and over. Also take advantage of any experience bonuses that you may get. Every little bit counts.
Anisu2010-01-01 11:19:09
QUOTE (rika @ Jan 1 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hallifax cosmic mobs cannot be influenced.

I've been aetherbashing once so far since I came back and it is really amazing. Problem is that in Hallifax we only have Anisu who can really pilot and it's not really fair if we all ask her to take us on trips.

Other than that, I would suggest finding some of the easier spots such as gorgogs and just keep doing them. It may be slower, but you don't have to worry about it so much. For example, hunting from about 95 to titan, all I ever did was the UV, because I didn't have to worry about finding new spots that may or may not have suited me. It's all about grinding over and over. Also take advantage of any experience bonuses that you may get. Every little bit counts.

I don't really mind piloting but I feel Hallifax needs to make something to teach people how to do it, and I am to lazy to do it, also I am to lazy to do the gold part.

Sorry for being lazy sad.gif
Rika2010-01-01 11:39:06
Nah, it is a lot of work compared to what everyone has to do. I'm not sure how pilotting can be taught though. It really has to come from experience, I thought.
Anisu2010-01-01 12:00:30
QUOTE (rika @ Jan 1 2010, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, it is a lot of work compared to what everyone has to do. I'm not sure how pilotting can be taught though. It really has to come from experience, I thought.

Well not talking about just piloting, the entire working as a unit comes from a combination of standarized procedures, theory and practice. And aetherspace becomes infinitely better when everyone is doing what the other expects.

I know you can not expect that from new crews so you either have the option of always getting the same crew and work in on each other or you make a project either city or privately operated that teaches people how to do it so you have more efficient pick up groups. In this I am to lazy

Piloting takes very little both skill and system wise, in those terms I think empath is the hardest. But it does take an awful lot of concentration and that is were I will not do it constantly.
Siam2010-01-01 14:20:16
QUOTE (Rodngar @ Jan 1 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've decided to reach for at least Titan, to satisfy my change of race to Human. This is because I'm under the impression Human is a solid Mage race, but even moreso when you are a Titan or Demi. That, however, is not my problem.

Assuming I've no access to an Aethership for now, where in Gods name do I go at level 75? Astral feels too dangerous, everything else just feels inefficient. I'm really worried that this is going to be a painful push to Astral levels, after which I hear Astral doesn't even yield good experience. I guess my question is: where do I go for some efficient EXP? Are aetherbubbles my only hope? How long is this going to -take me-? Is Titan worth it to a prospective PKer such as myself?

I influenced from 30-ish until 80. Along the way the only bashing trips I made were the Domoth trips, orcs (with my mentor, Eula, taking me there until I got 30-ish) and the aslaran-krokani. I believe it was Alacardael who opened my eyes to the wonders of influencing Tosha, so I kept influencing there with only 2 skills until I got 70. I got the third charity skill, and later on Trans Influencing, dramatics, karma buffs, etc. to speed up my influencing when I felt the experience:time ratio was not enough to keep me happy. 75 to 80 basically involved me doing Tosha, Faethorn, and guard influencing. Note that it can be very tiring and you should be willing to devote your time when it comes to earning experience at the later levels.
Ardmore2010-01-01 15:07:52
QUOTE (Rodngar @ Jan 1 2010, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Getting to Titan isn't hard, since you can see progress pretty quickly. It's when you're going from Titan to Demigod it's a drag because you do so much work for so little. At level 75, go hunt the Undervault. That's where I got to Demigod. I did the tunnels mostly, only going to the Illithoid (or Kephera) on my last 10% so I wouldn't get jumped (slow Interwebs connection...)

Everyone will tell you not to do Undervault because the fishers will kill you, which is true -- if you run into a group of several. You'll eventually learn where they like to hang out and squinting is your friend. Undervault has hundreds of mobs and it's never bashed out. It's on Prime so there's no getting jumped (without Avenger stepping in) and it's seriously good experience.

(( I can show you around some time in-game if you'd like. I need a hunting partner. ))
Unknown2010-01-01 15:11:37
Agree with Ardmore...tunnel trash is good. Just watch for the fishers.

I also wanted to mention that like, level 77 - 80 was the most miserable of my bashing career. It's hard to find quality places to bash, and you don't get a lot of crits yet. It's just slow.
Ardmore2010-01-01 15:22:42
QUOTE (Deschain @ Jan 1 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree with Ardmore...tunnel trash is good. Just watch for the fishers.

I also wanted to mention that like, level 77 - 80 was the most miserable of my bashing career. It's hard to find quality places to bash, and you don't get a lot of crits yet. It's just slow.

I know it's only been a year since I've been a Demigod, so I don't remember this... but I've heard of people talking about how it seems to speed up quite a bit once you hit level 80... I can't confirm this, it's just rumours I've heard.
Unknown2010-01-01 15:36:06
85 was where it started to pick up for me.

If you want aspace like exp gain, nothing will satisfy you short of an astral train. Sorry, those are the facts. Otherwise, UV and Seas are a good way to go.
Ardmore2010-01-01 15:52:55
QUOTE (Vendetta Morendo @ Jan 1 2010, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
85 was where it started to pick up for me.

If you want aspace like exp gain, nothing will satisfy you short of an astral train. Sorry, those are the facts. Otherwise, UV and Seas are a good way to go.

Yeah... the issue with that is, unless they changed it again, a mid/large-sized group hunting Astral is going to fail now unless they're all Titans or Demigods (or, a rather high level).
Vathael2010-01-01 16:43:51
Don't worry about the quality of the experience you are getting as much as the amount of places you are bashing. Make a bashing routine of various decent places. Me for example I bashed spectres up to level 90, moors lucidians, freaks, orcs, undervault, etc. Quests with corpse turn-in are always good. I bashed kephera only to Demigod. Maybe Astral on a rare occasion but I do not find astral very beneficial without a Circlet of Lucidity.
Ardmore2010-01-01 17:39:06
QUOTE (Vathael @ Jan 1 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Astral on a rare occasion but I do not find astral very beneficial without a Circlet of Lucidity.

I will agree. Astral without a Circlet isn't the greatest. While it's nice for a Demigod, before you are one you will be better off to just hunt normally, instead of getting more experience for Astral but having to sit around while insanity wears off.
Siam2010-01-01 19:14:31
Sometimes, you just need to keep grinding. I've always had this feeling of experience gain slowing down when I get to the 80%~99%
Ardmore2010-01-01 20:44:34
QUOTE (thisismydisplayname @ Jan 1 2010, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes, you just need to keep grinding. I've always had this feeling of experience gain slowing down when I get to the 80%~99%

That's because if you're like most people, you will start to spam SCORE every time you kill something just to see how much closer you are. When I hit level 95, I wrote aliases so I couldn't check my score so I couldn't continually do that. biggrin.gif
Talan2010-01-01 21:25:50
Find a friend or two who is also trying to get titan/demi. Check up on each other, hunt together, compete for daily progress. Use things like aetherbashes and astral-bashes as little boosts, jump on when you can and relish the xp while it lasts. If your org isn't running them, use your vast network of ooc clans to get in on other orgs' bashes. smile.gif

As for specific areas, bubbles tend to be nice and quiet, but without the 25% xp bonus we used to get from constructs, perhaps not as good as they once were. Xion is still nice if you can get there, as well as Crumkindivia. Quests are also good, in particular org power quests. If you're in an order, influence your realm mobs as often as you can. Once you hit 85 and the crits kick in, kephera or illithoids as your org permits.
Vathael2010-01-01 21:35:43
QUOTE (Ardmore @ Jan 1 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's because if you're like most people, you will start to spam SCORE every time you kill something just to see how much closer you are. When I hit level 95, I wrote aliases so I couldn't check my score so I couldn't continually do that. biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif I did the same thing. sad.gif I made aliases for SCORE, SC, and QSC to just show blank lines. :/
Xenthos2010-01-01 21:36:44
QUOTE (Vathael @ Jan 1 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif I did the same thing. sad.gif I made aliases for SCORE, SC, and QSC to just show blank lines. :/

I never did.

I just spammed QW constantly and ran off to meditate every time I got 3 mil.

Oddly enough it seems faster when working with numbers that go up by the thousands instead of percentages. Even if the only difference is display.
Siam2010-01-01 21:50:29
QUOTE (Ardmore @ Jan 2 2010, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I do this to check esteem... I should probably stop doing it for bashing.