I... I want to be a Woman!

by Vhaas

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Vhaas2009-12-10 21:14:16
suspicious.gif
So, "I want to be a woman." What I need then is some advice for playing a female character. In this, I do not mean -just- how a woman would appear or go about things- but how she describes them, the order in which she thinks, and how conveys herself.

All serious suggestions are welcome. If you want to laugh at me or make make demeaning jokes, that's fine too- just keep them constructive to the purpose of this thread- that is, trans-gender roleplay. Naturally, I am inclined put more stock in those posted by players I believe are actually of the feminine order.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: To clarify, this is not about the physical traits exclusively, but primarily the methodology of being a woman.
Shaddus2009-12-10 21:19:18
QUOTE (Vhaas @ Dec 10 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
suspicious.gif
So, I want to be a woman! What I need then is some advice for playing a female character. In this, I do not mean -just- how a woman would appear or go about things- but how she describes them, the order in which she thinks, and how conveys herself.

All serious suggestions are welcome. If you want to laugh at me or make make demeaning jokes, that's fine too- just keep them constructive to the purpose of this thread- that is, trans-gender roleplay. Naturally, I am inclined put more stock in those posted by players I believe are actually of the feminine order.

Thank you very much.

I tend to play my female alts basically the same way as my male alts. Just please, for the love of god, don't blush//gigglesnort/flutter all over the place trying to make yourself "more believeable".
Casilu2009-12-10 21:25:54
Don't accept Doman's offer when he says he wants to make a woman out of you. I heard you can never quite get the smell off.
Vhaas2009-12-10 21:27:59
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Dec 10 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tend to play my female alts basically the same way as my male alts. Just please, for the love of god, don't blush//gigglesnort/flutter all over the place trying to make yourself "more believeable".

Of course not.

I actually want to sculpt a full-blown, quasi-female personality. I want to behave like a woman, not because I am wearing the facade, but because I am thinking like one.

-and I realize that obviously and akin to men, there is no single "female model." I figure that by raking input from several different perspectives, however, I can attempt to merge the many together as a substitute for the female mental-behavioral endemic.

@Casilu: Dually noted.
Gregori2009-12-10 21:32:53
Don't forget to describe your tits and ass. Excellent descriptions of tits and ass is the cornerstone of playing a female character.
Merik2009-12-10 21:35:50
With sensuous curves. Don't forget those.
Vhaas2009-12-10 21:36:28
QUOTE (Gregori @ Dec 10 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't forget to describe your tits and ass. Excellent descriptions of tits and ass is the cornerstone of playing a female character.

Cornerstone of male ninjakari, too.

The physical traits are unimportant to me, though. For sake of clarifying, this thread is about the methodology of playing a woman.

But dry humor is welcome.
Shaddus2009-12-10 21:37:35
Make sure her eyes glisten or twinkle, and make sure she's firm.
Shaddus2009-12-10 21:38:55
QUOTE (casilu @ Dec 10 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't accept Doman's offer when he says he wants to make a woman out of you. I heard you can never quite get the smell off.

QFT. One time I had to join an arena game just to get out of his manse.
Gregori2009-12-10 21:39:42
Seriously though if you want to play a woman do this. Think of how you would do something, as a man, then throw out accountability and reason and do whatever comes to mind first. Tada!

I will now hide from the women till they see a pair of shoes and are distracted.
Fern2009-12-10 21:43:29
>:(
Casilu2009-12-10 21:45:22
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Dec 10 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT. One time I had to join an arena game just to get out of his manse.

I was making a joke. What were YOU doing?
Shaddus2009-12-10 21:49:26
QUOTE (Gregori @ Dec 10 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will now hide from the women till they see a pair of shoes and are distracted.

You obviously know women.

Here's what you do to emulate a woman, Vhaas. Carry around a pocketbelt full of sammiches and hand them out to hungry men who are working.
Vhaas2009-12-10 21:57:01
It crosses my mind- does anyone at least know of a fantasy novel or written series with a female main character, heavy on mannerisms, dialogue, and monologue (thoughts to oneself, like in dramatic theatre)- that was not written by a male author?
Fern2009-12-10 21:59:58
QUOTE (Vhaas @ Dec 10 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It crosses my mind- does anyone at least know of a fantasy novel or written series with a female main character, heavy on mannerisms, dialogue, and monologue (thoughts to oneself, like in dramatic theatre)- that was not written by a male author?

Jane Eyre
Merik2009-12-10 22:00:18
I suggest Twilight. Great female empowerment in that series.
Shaddus2009-12-10 22:00:54
All joking aside, there's no way to "act" like a woman. Just be yourself, don't stare at other "women" and you'll be fine. Above all, remember rule 33.
Shaddus2009-12-10 22:02:00
QUOTE (casilu @ Dec 10 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was making a joke. What were YOU doing?

The tahtetso just came out, and Doman wanted to show me his new tahto. It wasn't my fault.
Estarra2009-12-10 22:11:38
QUOTE (Vhaas @ Dec 10 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Robin Hobb's ship trilogy (though the assassin trilogy should be read first but that one has a male lead) -- I'm reading it now!
1. Ship of Magic
2. Mad Ship
3. Ship of Destiny

Oh, a really fun series by Martha Wells with a great female lead:
1. The Wizard Hunters
2. The Ships of Air
3. The Gate of Gods

Jacqueline Carey's superb Kushiel trilogy (warning that it involves disturbing sexual practices):
1. Kushiel's Dart
2. Kushiel's Chosen

Trudi Canavan's magician series is light and fun with a strong female lead:
1. The Magician's Guild
2. The Novice
3. The High Lord

Anne Bishop's Black Jewel's Trilogy is also a must read:
1. Daughter of the Blood
2. Heir to the Shadows
3. Queen of the Darkness

Kaalak2009-12-10 22:12:42
Ask Ashteru.

He has all the expertise you need to know.