Duel: Yukio vs. Celina

by Unknown

Back to Combat Logs.

Unknown2009-10-28 09:09:39
This is just the end of our duel. The other 3 quarters consisted of the same tactic on Celina's part and me ending up toaded, running away, deffing up, and then the following...

Yukio vs. Celina
Unknown2009-10-28 09:22:47
banghead.gif
Celina2009-10-28 22:03:13
So much anger.

Anyways, yeah. You kept spamming truss, even though I was summering out of it and regaining balance several seconds before you were. You tried it the first time around, and got toaded for it. You didn't learn anything from your mistakes, and tried it the second time around and the log is the result.
Unknown2009-10-28 22:20:00
QUOTE (Celina @ Oct 28 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So much anger.

Anyways, yeah. You kept spamming truss, even though I was summering out of it and regaining balance several seconds before you were. You tried it the first time around, and got toaded for it. You didn't learn anything from your mistakes, and tried it the second time around and the log is the result.

What you mean? Anything I did, I was bound to get choked, shieldstunned, fae being mean to me, mana drained, toaded/damage killed. I don't see much of a difference in outcome, whether I rushed or not.
Xavius2009-10-28 22:35:55
Shall we? We shall.

You attempt the Kata form of m2ninchugut+lunge.
* ka ninchu celina gut
You are not wielding the proper weapon in your right hand to do that move.
You are not wielding the proper weapon in your left hand to do that move.
You are unable to continue executing your Kata form.

Way to waste that momentum you built up. You were back to zero in no time.

4919h, 2539m, 3612e, 9p esSilrxkb- <>BALANCED<>
You are blind and see nothing but darkness.
4919h, 2539m, 3612e, 9p esSilrxkb- <>BALANCED<> ne

Thick shadows drag against your every action.
You are blind and can see nothing but darkness.
You sense the shadow binding and choking you and Celina beginning to depart.
4919h, 2539m, 3612e, 9p esSilrxkb- <>BALANCED<> n

Drawing back on his tiny bow, a pixie bound in shadows shoots an arrow straight at you.
Your insomnia has cleared up.
There is no exit in that direction.
A brownie bound in shadows runs up and tickles your sides.
A banshee bound in shadows stares at you, then suddenly emits a high-pitched screech at you. The soundwaves pierce into your very being, weakening you in both body and mind.
4429h, 2133m, 3612e, 9p esSilrkb- <>UN-BALANCED<> ql <-- still blind

4686h, 2133m, 3612e, 9p esSilrkb- <>UN-BALANCED<>
Celina swings a dark shield in the form of crow wings with all her might, smashing it into your head with a resounding ring.

How many cure/shield opportunities did you feel the need to pass up while flailing about uselessly?

Would be interesting to see the rest of this, since I have a feeling that you know it was a whole lot of missed chances.
Unknown2009-10-28 23:12:42
Alright Xavius, thanks for the useless input. I cure blindness from quicklooking, so I suppose that needs to change, but rigormortis had already set in. My arms were broken. Also it was unknown to me that my weapon was unwielded, so I'm not exactly sure of your point in bringing it up. No momentum was built up from weapon attacks prior to that. Also by the time I was able to attack, she was probably gone back to her fae. It is also a habit to try to leave the room you are choked in, but I'm sure you do much better. Next time you have a tip for me, please make it useful. I would also like to see you in the same situation.
Xavius2009-10-28 23:22:34
QUOTE (Yukio @ Oct 28 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright Xavius, thanks for the useless input. I cure blindness from quicklooking, so I suppose that needs to change, but rigormortis had already set in. My arms were broken. Also it was unknown to me that my weapon was unwielded, so I'm not exactly sure of your point in bringing it up. No momentum was built up from weapon attacks prior to that. Also by the time I was able to attack, she was probably gone back to her fae. It is also a habit to try to leave the room you are choked in, but I'm sure you do much better. Next time you have a tip for me, please make it useful. I would also like to see you in the same situation.

Fewer excuses, more results. You've come right out and said that you know of a handful of things you're doing wrong...yet you say that there's nothing you could have done to avoid what happened. No more crying when the road to improvement is wide and clear.
Unknown2009-10-28 23:37:45
Alright Xavius. I don't find the need to bicker on a forum, as you seem somewhat inept. Any further interaction with you would only serve to give me a headache, so I'll leave it there.
Xenthos2009-10-28 23:49:33
QUOTE (Yukio @ Oct 28 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright Xavius. I don't find the need to bicker on a forum, as you seem somewhat inept. Any further interaction with you would only serve to give me a headache, so I'll leave it there.

He's pointing out things that you could do... maybe look into them instead of attacking him, heh.

There's not much point in posting the log if you don't want to accept comments, after all.
Unknown2009-10-28 23:58:41
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Oct 28 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's pointing out things that you could do... maybe look into them instead of attacking him, heh.

There's not much point in posting the log if you don't want to accept comments, after all.

I feel he's being a dick about it. I have taken the input of shielding into consideration. Anything else he suggested would narrow down to me fighting in choke more, and that is also accepted. How was I to know my weapon was unwielded without checking my inventory/equipment. I explained why I made the moves I did, and he tells me to cry less. Alrighty. I'm quite open to suggestions on how to improve, though I'd love if there was no other connotation.
Xenthos2009-10-29 00:27:50
QUOTE (Yukio @ Oct 28 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel he's being a dick about it. I have taken the input of shielding into consideration. Anything else he suggested would narrow down to me fighting in choke more, and that is also accepted. How was I to know my weapon was unwielded without checking my inventory/equipment. I explained why I made the moves I did, and he tells me to cry less. Alrighty. I'm quite open to suggestions on how to improve, though I'd love if there was no other connotation.

Usually you get a message when you unwield stuff due to broken bones... but you left that part out of your log, you only show the part after where you have cured said broken bones.
Unknown2009-10-29 00:49:39
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Oct 28 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Usually you get a message when you unwield stuff due to broken bones... but you left that part out of your log, you only show the part after where you have cured said broken bones.

Ahh, I must have missed it. I'll add an echo or trigger for that, thanks.
Xenthos2009-10-29 00:51:58
QUOTE (Yukio @ Oct 28 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh, I must have missed it. I'll add an echo or trigger for that, thanks.

Also, can't Monks "grip"? I thought they could.
Unknown2009-10-29 01:19:38
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Oct 29 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, can't Monks "grip"? I thought they could.

Yeah, we can.
Xenthos2009-10-29 01:23:17
QUOTE (Evaine @ Oct 28 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, we can.

And doesn't grip stop you from unwielding, even with rigormortis? :/ The only things that ever make me unwield with gripping is the (very rarely fired) warrior ability and the TK skill.
Celina2009-10-29 02:54:07
QUOTE (Celina @ Oct 28 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So much anger.

Possibly, but I don't just choke blindly and hope for the best. The point is that you gave me opportunities, repeatedly, to choke you in a way that gave me the upper hand. I choked you when you were off balance, at 0 momentum, and I was completely free of afflictions.

And I know you are upset for whatever reason, but Xavius is pointing out things you did wrong. A monk with grip unwielding a weapon from broken arms? Hell, even fist sigils stop that. That means you came into the fight unprepared. Also, instead of shielding or curing you just ran around while I followed you.

As much as you want to blame it on choke, it was you that lost the fight.
Razenth2009-10-29 03:16:27
Fist sigils stop you from unwielding stuff when your arm breaks??
Unknown2009-10-29 03:19:23
Yup. That's what they're for.
Razenth2009-10-29 03:20:06
Ohhhhhhhh. I always wondered what "stop stuff from being knocked out your inventory so easily" meant...
Unknown2009-10-29 04:17:57
QUOTE (Celina @ Oct 28 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Possibly, but I don't just choke blindly and hope for the best. The point is that you gave me opportunities, repeatedly, to choke you in a way that gave me the upper hand. I choked you when you were off balance, at 0 momentum, and I was completely free of afflictions.

And I know you are upset for whatever reason, but Xavius is pointing out things you did wrong. A monk with grip unwielding a weapon from broken arms? Hell, even fist sigils stop that. That means you came into the fight unprepared. Also, instead of shielding or curing you just ran around while I followed you.

As much as you want to blame it on choke, it was you that lost the fight.

Well when I recovered from the toading, I had no defenses (no grip) and you were chasing me at the time. It could have been then when I unwielded the weapon. I'm not sure whether I had my weapon wielded at that time or not would have changed the outcome. And you are entirely correct about the trussing, I see now that it was a bad idea. Unlike yourself I'm assuming, I don't have prestine curing in choke, so I try to lose the choke. You followed me. Good one. I've never shielded in choke, and it is a good idea, and I've already stated that I'll take that into consideration next time. Thank you for your input.