Duel: Yukio vs Urazial

by Unknown

Back to Combat Logs.

Unknown2009-10-27 09:39:14
I chirped glom a little, and Urazial decided to defend their honour i guess. Then he talked :censor: after, so i posted the log so he could get his facts straight.
Good fight buddy.

Yukio vs. Urazial
Urazial2009-10-27 09:40:49
The facts were already straight. We were speaking ICly, then all the sudden you took a big turn into OOC without warning about having a log. Enjoyed it, though!
Unknown2009-10-27 10:36:16
It's always interesting to see one's own skills from another PoV. Barbs look so darn OMINOUS.
Lorick2009-10-27 18:11:28
Heh, interesting fight. It can be hard to deal with the one armed locks Ninjakari are capable of doing. If Urazial had been able to hold you down the fight looked like it would of gone to him at the start, you were having serious trouble curing some of the afflictions and building momentum, so when you switched it up and started hit and run with waylay he kept feeding it. It wasn't much of a fight really until Yukio hit 5 momentum and then it was pretty much over, no real recovery from Urazial. My advice Urazial would be to focus on hindering his movement more, you had that fight and could of won it.
Merik2009-10-27 18:51:49
Why does ninjakari raze and nekotai raze have the same message?
Llandros2009-10-27 18:58:43
QUOTE (Merik @ Oct 27 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

streamlining?
Tervic2009-10-27 23:10:48
QUOTE (Merik @ Oct 27 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It might be ka raze rather than the organizational spec weapon-raze.
Merik2009-10-27 23:24:58
I must've misinterpreted 'clawed' to just thinking that meant nekai. sad.gif
Esano2009-10-28 01:57:47
Clawed is just ka raze. And Urazial should have the least problems with grapple and truss - he has contort and spiderlegs, doesn't he?
Unknown2009-10-28 04:04:41
Ninjakari are not capable of one armed grapples, and yes, entanglements should not matter much to an acrobatic with spiderlegs.
Unknown2009-10-28 04:06:39
I don't think bards tend to have spiderlegs set standard in their songs, unless it's a bashing song, and, unless you have aliases, it's not the easiest thing to set on the fly.

Also, I dunno if I'd switch in spiderlegs unless someone was entangling me NONSTOP, since Nightfade is passive damage, Barghestblues slows down target herb balance, and venomdrops increases poison resistance.

A question about grapple - doesn't it just stop you from running? Or is it like web? If it's the former, why even bother writhing? Bards like it when the fight stays in one room...
Merik2009-10-28 04:46:30
They'll get momentum from the grapple.
Shiri2009-10-28 04:59:22
They get momentum from the grapple whether you writhe or not. Sadhyra, mostly they just stop walking but some grapples have additional effects, like breaking your legs if you try to walk anyway, and if you're unlucky and they regain eq before you writhe out they can sometimes do grapple release moves with varying levels of usefulness (I forget what ninjakari's are.) Mostly they won't bother though. But there's very little reason not to writhe either, it probably only messes you up rarely and then not by much.
Unknown2009-10-28 04:59:45
Which, if it's only hindering you from running away, is even more reason to not writhe from it.

Edit: regarding the momentum building off it. I'm assuming you can't grapple someone already in a grapple.
Casilu2009-10-28 05:04:11
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Oct 27 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which, if it's only hindering you from running away, is even more reason to not writhe from it.

Edit: regarding the momentum building off it. I'm assuming you can't grapple someone already in a grapple.

You can, it's pretty neat. However, if you're NOT writhing and they use it for an attack... let's just say when you use two rounds of combat for one affliction, it's going to be nasty.
Unknown2009-10-28 05:05:39
Ah ok. That's weird that you can grapple again. Also irksome that they can attack and keep you off balance. tongue.gif
Casilu2009-10-28 05:09:58
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Oct 27 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah ok. That's weird that you can grapple again. Also irksome that they can attack and keep you off balance. tongue.gif

Well, if you're not writhing, they can. If you're writhing and they grapple before it finishes, you can escape instantly.
Merik2009-10-28 05:12:37
You continue gathering momentum while grappling, it's not just a one time thing on usage.
Unknown2009-10-28 05:25:46
No, I mean from the log, he can chain attacks with grapple, as well as build momentum, whereas the grappled person can only writhe.
Unknown2009-10-28 05:41:19
Grapples have two uses.

The first is to force writhe and gain momentum with the chance of preventing fleeing as well as other types of cures.

The second thing is that grapples have releases with possibly devastating consequences. To give an example, Ninjakari can ninshi a leg, then on the next form, yank the chain. Modify the yank with ninoaghi and illgathoru, you have sliced tendon, prone, and stun.

Generally it's not a good idea to let a monk grapple and follow through with it. Yukio in this case was using the grapples for the first reason; an acrobat will almost always writhe before the yank without a stun or another delayer.