Oh hey guys.

by Aris

Back to Survival Guide.

Aris2009-10-18 04:57:54
So I'm back, playing an alt that has loooong since become naked and uninhabitable.

I realize asking for a blanket update on everything that's gone wrong since I stopped kicking rear and chewing bubblegum would be a little...much, but how about the important stuff?

I see the Glomdoritos are ruling the roost right now, how are the other orgs doing?

Where is Halifax and Gaudiguch? WHERE?

What's the deal with colleges? Novicehood isn't good enough anymore?

Bashing; where's it at? Knights? Which spec?

If you could answer these questions, and include anything I might need to know before jumping back into the Basin with both feet as not to get roadkill'd, I'd love you forever.

Kthx, Aris.
Unknown2009-10-18 14:09:38
QUOTE (Aris @ Oct 18 2009, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I'm back, playing an alt that has loooong since become naked and uninhabitable.

I realize asking for a blanket update on everything that's gone wrong since I stopped kicking rear and chewing bubblegum would be a little...much, but how about the important stuff?

I see the Glomdoritos are ruling the roost right now, how are the other orgs doing?

If you could answer these questions, and include anything I might need to know before jumping back into the Basin with both feet as not to get roadkill'd, I'd love you forever.

Kthx, Aris.

1. Pretty bad. It'll change though, always does.
2. Proabably never.
3. It's designed to help fix the learning curve.
4. Monk it up. Pick a monk, any monk.
Celina2009-10-19 01:46:16
QUOTE (Aris @ Oct 17 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kthx, Aris.

1. Celest is in the gutter. Serenwilde is indignantly stubborn but starting to fighting back. Mag is still trying to figure out how to cope with all their fighters gone.

2. Same place they've always been.

3. ?

4. Knights. Then monks. Then bards. Then casters that aren't wiccans. Then wiccans.
Eventru2009-10-19 06:35:06
QUOTE (Celina @ Oct 18 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Celest is in the gutter. Serenwilde is indignantly stubborn but starting to fighting back. Mag is still trying to figure out how to cope with all their fighters gone.

3. ?

4. Knights. Then monks. Then bards. Then casters that aren't wiccans. Then wiccans.

That's a pretty bold statement. (get it?) I suppose if you want to rank combatants-wise, Glomdoring's on top, yes.

However, for well over a week now, Celest has regularly had much higher levels of activity and generally consists of about 1/3 of the total players online at any given time (though right now it's about half).
Xenthos2009-10-19 17:11:13
QUOTE (Eventru @ Oct 19 2009, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, for well over a week now, Celest has regularly had much higher levels of activity and generally consists of about 1/3 of the total players online at any given time (though right now it's about half).

Celest's playerbase seems to be really enjoying having a break from the fighting (and I imagine a number of people have started up over there at this point to "take a break" as well). Can't say I really blame 'em.
Kiradawea2009-10-19 17:33:20
QUOTE (Celina @ Oct 19 2009, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Celest leadership is in the gutter. Serenwilde is indignantly stubborn but starting to fighting back. Mag is still trying to figure out how to cope with all their fighters gone.

3. ?

Fixed it for you. The fighters of Celest have taken a break, as have most of our politicians (Read GMs and Prince). But us regular folks are having a blast with not having to defend Celestia all the time. For once we can spend time doing fun stuff.
Razenth2009-10-19 18:24:17
Seriously. Its so peaceful its almost boring. tongue.gif But I still like it more. Very relaxing.
Celina2009-10-19 19:57:50
So....

No villages.

No fighters.

No leadership.

Looks like the gutter to me. Unless you enjoy not having conflict in a conflict-centric game. confused.gif
Razenth2009-10-19 20:16:08
Got to say, most of Celest seems happy about it.
Aerotan2009-10-19 21:04:23
Aye, I've been doing quests I've never had a chance to do before. Sealing the Gorgogs, empowering beacons, sealing the gorgogs, sealing the gorgogs, learning some tradeskills, poking around the Arysian Isles, helping sea turtles, all sorts of things I couldn't do normally.
Eventru2009-10-19 21:05:42
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Oct 19 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Celest's playerbase seems to be really enjoying having a break from the fighting (and I imagine a number of people have started up over there at this point to "take a break" as well). Can't say I really blame 'em.

Neither can I! Personally I'm fairly ambivalent as to whether or not there's villages - I'm sure Celest wouldn't mind having them all, but I also recognize players in Celest are thoroughly enjoying themselves. They're exploring quests, they're exploring their guilds, their orders, their histories. I'm certainly not going to be upset that they're enjoying other aspects of the game! cool.gif
Celina2009-10-19 21:10:21
Well I'm certainly not going to say it's right or wrong to play this game any one way.

I might not understand why people with an aversion to conflict play a game riddled with combat and fighting, but more power to you if you're enjoying your part of the world.
Unknown2009-10-19 21:40:16
Seren is the opposite. We have like, a small fighting force. But really low activity. Right now there are 10 Serens around. 78 people online.
Unknown2009-10-19 21:52:09
I think right now most of Celest is having a good rest period, but it might have additional long term negative effects the longer it goes on. No fighting means no fighters. No fighters means no new fighters, or old fighters who want to come back. So... if something does change, and Celest is more or less forced back into conflict for non-territory reasons, they're going to buckle horribly very quickly.

Also, I have to say, my character certainly isn't near the most bloodthirsty guy out there, but even he's feeling the itch to go cause trouble and get himself killed lately. Last Wildnodes was fun until Lusty threw up*. tongue.gif

Edit:

*Or the interwebs, depending on what you want to blame.
Tervic2009-10-19 23:42:47
QUOTE (Razenth @ Oct 19 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously. Its so peaceful its almost boring. tongue.gif But I still like it more. Very relaxing.

Well, help me get rid of those spammed enemy statuses that y'all threw at me for no reason and I'll gladly come shake things up a bit.

Let's do this.
Unknown2009-10-19 23:51:02
Seriously. If you don't mind taking off the "Pre-emptive enemying", I'd love to head back to Celest and politick it up.
Tervic2009-10-19 23:54:40
QUOTE (Kialkarkea @ Oct 19 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously. If you don't mind taking off the "Pre-emptive enemying", I'd love to head back to Celest and politick it up.

We could hold forum in the park! Woo!
Esano2009-10-20 01:44:07
QUOTE (Aerotan @ Oct 20 2009, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aye, I've been doing quests I've never had a chance to do before. Sealing the Gorgogs, empowering beacons, sealing the gorgogs, sealing the gorgogs, learning some tradeskills, poking around the Arysian Isles, helping sea turtles, all sorts of things I couldn't do normally.

Gotta love the first part of the Mag epic quest, eh?
Aerotan2009-10-20 03:30:02
You missed one. The gorgogs are on the Arysian Isles.
Unknown2009-10-20 04:51:57
Celest should unenemy lots of us and we can come throw RP at you. That's fun, right???