Blackout

by Ixion

Back to Combat Logs.

Ixion2009-10-03 19:45:55
{8.81199}
Viynain makes a flicking motion at you with his hands.
A sudden shiver shoots up your spine, making you involuntarily jerk as a creeping sensation crawls over your skin.

-
You may eat or smoke another herb.

-
The allheale burns your throat and makes your eyes water.
The stinging feeling fades.
-
You remove 1 reishi, bringing the total in the Rift to 1663.
-
-
-
You bleed 100 health.

-
You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.
-

-
You remove 1 reishi, bringing the total in the Rift to 1662.
-
-

-
In the trees above a bubble over oblivion. (v4955)
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A yawning hole constantly sucks in the surrounding sand into its bottomless depths, creating a vacuum upon which rests an interesting bubble of epic proportions. The bubble happens to float within inches of the hole but doesn't come into contact with it. Keeping rigidly still, the entire balloon hangs there for no discernable reason other than to be there, although it does seem to prevent too much sand from dropping into oblivion. Several of the tents still find purchase on its top and hang there precariously. Cor Viynain of the Blood towers here, shrouded. He wields a mystic cudgel in his right hand.
You see exits leading east and northwest.
-

-
You remove 1 reishi, bringing the total in the Rift to 1661.
-
The unnatural feeling of peace leaves you.
-
-
The white mist here washes over you in a wave of ghostly tendrils.

-
You are:
* * * * * AFFLICTION VARIABLES RESET * * * * *
punctured in the etheric substance of your aura.
devoid of senses.
pacified.
an insomniac.
-

-
You remove 1 reishi, bringing the total in the Rift to 1660.
-
The unnatural feeling of peace leaves you.
-

-
You have recovered equilibrium.

-
You are blind and can see nothing but darkness.
-
Ardmore has entered the area.

-

-
You remove 1 faeleaf, bringing the total in the Rift to 323.
-
Blessed sight returns to you.
-
-
In the trees above a bubble over oblivion. (v4955)
The soil around the path is loose and somewhat akin to quicksand. Rocks were laid by some long-dead adventurer, making for easier passage over the treacherous terrain. All around, the wasteland seems to stretch indefinitely, interrupted only by the mighty mountains to the far east and the city of Magnagora in the haze to the southwest.
You see exits leading east and northwest.
-

-
The sticky sap coating your body causes you to move unbearably slowly.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Frustratingly, your body won't respond to your call to action.

-
-
You bleed 250 health.

-
You begin focusing your mind on your motor skills.

-
-
Frustratingly, your body won't respond to your call to action.

-
-
Your senses return to you as the blackout ends.
{22.375}

13.5 second active blackout. Yeah, that's fair... I'm sure glad they allow things like this, and incurable succumb to 1/2mana, and double mana loss songs, and aeon effects cured by moving rooms only.
Xenthos2009-10-03 19:49:49
QUOTE (Ixion @ Oct 3 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
13.5 second active blackout. Yeah, that's fair... I'm sure glad they allow things like this, and incurable succumb to 1/2mana, and double mana loss songs, and aeon effects cured by moving rooms only.

And double-taps, and balance-locks where you don't get balance back for 60+ seconds, and crucify-chains...

There's an awful lot that isn't "fair", y'know.
Unknown2009-10-03 19:51:46
I agree, and I'd suggest e-mailing all of this to Support with the subject "re: Streamlining Combat."
Ixion2009-10-03 19:54:05
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Oct 3 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And double-taps, and balance-locks where you don't get balance back for 60+ seconds, and crucify-chains...

There's an awful lot that isn't "fair", y'know.

That sounds right, except not.

Doubletaps are the only viable way ALs have of building wounds, and it only hurts those who have poor curing or non-trans skills. You're welcome to have an AL 1v1 me while I afk on them and see how much wounds they get.

Instead of fixing the myriad of other OP skills that are whored constantly, you chose to do report 272. Nice job.
Xenthos2009-10-03 19:55:10
QUOTE (Ixion @ Oct 3 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds right, except not.

Doubletaps are the only viable way ALs have of building wounds, and it only hurts those who have poor curing or non-trans skills. You're welcome to have an AL 1v1 me while I afk on them and see how much wounds they get.

Instead of fixing the myriad of other OP skills that are whored constantly, you chose to do report 272. Nice job.

Have to start somewhere.
Llandros2009-10-03 19:55:14
Yeah, having two guilds in one org with mana kills and their bards able to cause double mana loss seems excessive.

That healer night users can use aurawarp to create uncurable succomb in choke is also over the top.

But hey, lets freak out over cruficfy because when used in groups actually takes some coordination instead of waiting for passives to allow a mana kill.
Xenthos2009-10-03 20:01:24
QUOTE (Llandros @ Oct 3 2009, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, having two guilds in one org with mana kills and their bards able to cause double mana loss seems excessive.

That healer night users can use aurawarp to create uncurable succomb in choke is also over the top.

But hey, lets freak out over cruficfy because when used in groups actually takes some coordination instead of waiting for passives to allow a mana kill.

Yes, the uncureable succumb -needs- to get fixed too, heh. May be what I end up going with next month if someone doesn't beat me to it. It was discussed as an issue in a previous envoy report that was submitted on healing auras, but seems like it was overlooked in the solution.
Tervic2009-10-03 20:14:43
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Oct 3 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, the uncureable succumb -needs- to get fixed too, heh. May be what I end up going with next month if someone doesn't beat me to it. It was discussed as an issue in a previous envoy report that was submitted on healing auras, but seems like it was overlooked in the solution.

I thought succumb was curable with reishi...? Or does HELP CURELIST lie like the cake?
Ixion2009-10-03 20:18:03
QUOTE (Tervic @ Oct 3 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought succumb was curable with reishi...? Or does HELP CURELIST lie like the cake?

laugh.gif Just.. laugh.gif
Xenthos2009-10-03 20:18:52
QUOTE (Tervic @ Oct 3 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a healing skill that makes curing succumb with reishi... difficult, with certain combinations of other skills.
Celina2009-10-03 20:22:19
QUOTE (Llandros @ Oct 3 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is why we have an envoy problem.

You guys bitch and moan about our problems (and I agree, certain aspects of Night are very OP 1v1. In groups, no), but when it comes to Mag's very real problems...oh no, that's different, it's not so bad, it takes coordination-you get the idea.

Here's a hint: Waiting for a person to writhe off before mashing your crucify macro is not "coordination." Chaining so said person dies because they can't move nor cure nor at the very least sip health does not take "coordination."

Yeah, that much blackout is retarded. Double mana loss songs can be pretty brutal as well. Choke is pretty obscene in 1v1 combat. But so is ectoplasm spam, or pit chasms/judge, or for that matter, crucify+chasms, or coordinated telepathy insta-death squads, etc etc etc.

You want fixes and "balance?" Then get a reality check and take a look at your own skills too.
Unknown2009-10-03 20:22:31
Homeostasis, Bedevil, or both?
Celina2009-10-03 20:25:43
QUOTE (Zarquan @ Oct 3 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Homeostasis, Bedevil, or both?

Aurawarp.
Unknown2009-10-03 20:32:30
QUOTE (Llandros @ Oct 3 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now now, don't be ridiculous, chain crucifies take about as much coordination as 'everyone hammer on @target', 'choke x person', 'crucify/shrivel twice/sac' and even ye olde tramplesac as a throwback, i.e., not much needed.

There are pretty skills on both sides, but hey, if you guys want to play ball, so be it.

PROTIP: Run when aurawarped, cure it, go back.
Llandros2009-10-03 20:35:31
QUOTE (Celina @ Oct 3 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is why we have an envoy problem.

You guys bitch and moan about our problems (and I agree, certain aspects of Night are very OP 1v1. In groups, no), but when it comes to Mag's very real problems...oh no, that's different, it's not so bad, it takes coordination-you get the idea.

Here's a hint: Waiting for a person to writhe off before mashing your crucify macro is not "coordination." Chaining so said person dies because they can't move nor cure nor at the very least sip health does not take "coordination."

Yeah, that much blackout is retarded. Double mana loss songs can be pretty brutal as well. Choke is pretty obscene in 1v1 combat. But so is ectoplasm spam, or pit chasms/judge, or for that matter, crucify+chasms, or coordinated telepathy insta-death squads, etc etc etc.

You want fixes and "balance?" Then get a reality check and take a look at your own skills too.

or you could read the envoy reports, crucify is on the chopping block and i support the general impale change. If the boo hoo squad (sorry, i can't help poke at you, it's just too much fun to see you foam that the mouth) isn't satisfied after that's out for a while then i'd be open for taking another look at it.

I'll let you in on a little secret, having balanced combat makes things more fun for everyone, encourages non-gank/zerg pvp and grows the population base. Win-win Also, while i have no plans to leave Mag, i can't say for certain it would never happen.
Unknown2009-10-03 20:57:45
So many of these abilities have been "broken" for a good, long while now. A: The envoy process is slow. B: We've had a war going on now for longer than any war I can remember, which means more fighting and more notice taken of these abilities and their imbalances. C: Write all these down, with logical and impartial reasoning, and send them in for the streamlining.

I've enjoyed certain moments in learning combat better lately, and I know they're not all going to be golden, but it truly sucks when you look back at the log later and realize there was absolutely nothing you could've done to escape the situation short of avoiding it in the first place.
Celina2009-10-03 21:01:47
QUOTE (Llandros @ Oct 3 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll let you in on a little secret, having balanced combat makes things more fun for everyone, encourages non-gank/zerg pvp and grows the population base. Win-win Also, while i have no plans to leave Mag, i can't say for certain it would never happen.

ORLY?

QUOTE (Llandros @ Oct 3 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You only care about balance when it affects you. Go back to being Narsrim's puppet envoy, and leave the pseudo clever remarks to someone that can pull them off. Like Desitrus.

Speaking of Desi, didn't you argue against the HB change that allowed them to use the stanza powers that every other Bard guild can use at the same time?

Here it is "More of a do you want to hinder enemies, buff allies or increase damage and less of getting the best parts of everything at once." Funny, Cacophony doesn't seem to have to make that choice. Or Cantors. Or SS.

I do read the reports. smile.gif

All I want from the envoys like you is an unbiased assessment of skills. Not skewed perspectives based on organizational lines.
Lehki2009-10-03 21:05:05
People always told me it was roughly 8 seconds when I hit them with memoryloss. Where's that extra 5 seconds coming from? Or can it really vary that much?
Celina2009-10-03 21:06:06
QUOTE (Lehki @ Oct 3 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People always told me it was roughly 8 seconds when I hit them with memoryloss. Where's that extra 5 seconds coming from? Or can it really vary that much?

Blackout stacks.

That log is precisely why it shouldn't.
Lehki2009-10-03 21:08:41
QUOTE (Celina @ Oct 3 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blackout stacks.

That log is precisely why it shouldn't.

Thought I read something about that being changed somewhere. Guess it was a 'should be changed' and not 'was changed'. Go go failed reading comprehension. xP