Altaira, the Star Deva

by Dynami

Back to Event Scrolls.

Dynami2009-10-04 04:55:17
You put a gigantic glowing pearl into the voluta diadema beacon.

Your karma rises in response to your deeds.

A gigantic glowing pearl fits perfectly into the voluta diadema beacon, which begins to hum and vibrate.

A glorious beam of light shoots out over New Celest.

You clap your hands together merrily.

The nine beams of light over New Celest meet high above the city, converging into one brilliant point. With a sudden flash that lights up the entire basin, the light forms a new and glorious star that bathes the city in a soft white glow.

The Star of Celest shines brilliantly and, in a flash of light, a spirit of radiant starlight descends upon the top of one of the city's beacon towers.

Flows of enveloping, liquid darkness swirl downwards from above, riddled with glimmering stars and constellations. Upon the tide of starry night, the voluta diadema beacon descends.

You have gained a new celestian honours!

Altaira, the Star Deva tilts her head curiously.

At the top of the Southern Voluta Diadema Tower.
A rhythmic thrumming saturates the area, drawing attention to a war shrine of Terentia nearby. This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. The gently curving form of the voluta diadema beacon throbs with a bright reddish glow. Surrounded by swathes of starlit darkness, Altaira, the Star Deva shines with an incandescent brilliance.
You see a single exit leading down.

You say, "Hmm?"

You bow respectfully to Altaira, the Star Deva.
Altaira, the Star Deva turns her eyes upon you, locking them with yours for the briefest of moments, yet it draws on for what feels an eternity. Great swathes of her long shawl spill about her, rising up and cresting as if waves.

Telperion tells you, "Ah, you only get one honour for the first set."

You say, "Greetings, Altaira."

Razenth tells you, "*pokes with stick*."

At the top of the Southern Voluta Diadema Tower.
A rhythmic thrumming saturates the area, drawing attention to a war shrine of Terentia nearby. This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. The gently curving form of the voluta diadema beacon throbs with a bright reddish glow. Surrounded by swathes of starlit darkness, Altaira, the Star Deva shines with an incandescent brilliance.
You see a single exit leading down.

You tell Razenth Zayah, "What?"

Razenth tells you, "What was the prophecy?"

Razenth tells you, "I asked you!"

You tell Razenth Zayah, "Nothing."

Razenth tells you, "No prophecy?"

You tell Razenth Zayah, "But Altaira is standing here."

Altaira, the Star Deva bows her head politely, her form dipping gently upon currents of starry darkness.

Altaira, the Star Deva gestures gently, a beckoning motion, her azure eyes gazing, piercing through your own sense of awareness, boring deep within your soul.

You say, "I cannot seem to follow you."

A feminine and elegant being, the Star Deva is the spirit of the Star of Celest, her radiant and blessed form as pure and constant as the light of the star high above the seaside city. Pale and incandescent starlight has been used to form her body, the vague impression a feminine form the only features she bears, aside from two radiant and piercing azure eyes, the watery irises surrounding pupils of brilliant gold. Her lithe arms and naked form are swathed in a great shawl spun of fluid darkness, rippling liquidly about her limbs and torso as it billows upon an unseen, cosmic breeze. A vast array of starlit pinpricks dance across the liquid darkness, constantly changing and shifting with the shawl's movement, the night time sky flowing elegantly about her in an endless flow, the shawl itself appearing to have no beginning nor end, flowing and rippling in eternal currents that lazily pour down her form in long ribbons, pooling and slowly churning about her, holding her aloft. From her back arches the only constant, definable portion of her form, two sets of angelic wings of the purest alabaster feathers, their tips brushed with the softest of light blues, one pair reaching from her shoulder blades, another farther down from her back, themselves free of her swirling shroud of starry darkness. In a radiant cascade of light, long strands of hair pour down her back - an empyreal fall of liquid starlight when viewed from afar, yet, up close, each strand bears a pink, white, topaz and cobalt hue, blending together to loose a celestial glow.
Altaira, the Star Deva almost glows with nearly god-like power.
She is strangely weightless.

Altaira, the Star Deva gazes outwards towards the waters of the Inner Sea, across the walls of the city of New Celest.

You say, "You would like me to go to the Inner Sea?"

A rhapsodic and feminine voice pierces into your soul, whispering, 'I am no angel of Blessed and Holy Celestia.'
Altaira, the Star Deva bows her head reverently and traces a holy pentacle in the air before Razenth, one point for each Supernal.

Altaira, the Star Deva folds her hands together and turns to face Razenth, offering him a blessing in the name of the Holy Supernals.

A rhapsodic and feminine voice pierces into your soul, whispering, 'I am that which shines above, the Spirit of Their Holy Mark upon the Midnight Sky, that which shines through the darkness and guides you home.'

Razenth bows respectfully to Altaira, the Star Deva.

Altaira, the Star Deva folds her hands together and turns to face Razenth, offering him a blessing in the name of the Holy Supernals

A rhapsodic and feminine voice pierces into your soul, whispering, 'I shall return for you, Dynami, in time. Know I await your attendance and servitude.'

You say, "And I will gladly await for you."

A rhapsodic and feminine voice pierces into your soul, whispering, 'As a streaking star within the night sky, I shall return for you, above the Pool of Stars. Enter the choir of the Eternal Light, and I shall be there for you.'
The beacons atop the city towers briefly throb with a pure white light, casting their lambency upon the dark streets beneath.

A rhapsodic and feminine voice pierces into your soul, whispering, 'Call for me, and I shall come.'

You nod your head emphatically.

Altaira, the Star Deva turns her gaze skyward, the slowly cresting darkness about her pooling together and rising up in thin, star-speckled ribbons and waves. Suddenly she turns into a single beam of light and lances skywards, trailing a tail of darkness and stars.

I edited out Razenth drawing her at least 10 times and a couple of his comments :/. Otherwise, it was amazing and I got really lucky getting the pearl.
Kiradawea2009-10-04 09:52:36
Aww. Oh well. Elyle will get to witness it eventually. Congrats Dynami.
Unknown2009-10-06 00:36:42
This seems really interesting. Like the sound of the epic quest system thats just been introduced.
Dynami2009-10-06 00:53:38
Depends on which organization you're in. Some of them can be reallllllllllllllllly tedious dry.gif