Avaeryn mudbot modules

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2009-09-25 00:13:59
So, I've been working on some additional modules to go along with my aethermapper (which itself is rather unfinished and buggy), but I feel that it is getting to a stage where some critical feedback or at least bugtesting might be beneficial. This is essentially based on Whyte's IMTS, which by all accounts is an excellent and reliable system (not to be confused with mine in any shape or form!) Bear in mind that this is NOT a good curative system, maybe it could be way down the track, but please do not make that mistake yet! There's every chance this could crash at the worse possible moment, or do something utterly silly, so use at your own risk!

There are three extra modules here -
  • Lusternia - a module to attempt to track afflictions, items, cures, triggers and aliases in Lusternia
  • Logger - a small module to automatically keep logs in coloured HTML or plain text for each session (I'd prefer this in the other modules, but was asked to make it useable by itself)
  • Aethermapper - my mapping adjunct that both records and produces aetherspace images, as well as attemping pathfinding to known docks.

There's also the voter module modified to work with Lusternia so you can just use 'vote' in game, but I believe someone else has already produced a Lusternian version of that, so there's nothing new there. I don't use the IMapper thing, now that there's an in game map, but it might work okay alongside it. If you don't want to use any particular module, just edit config.txt and comment out that line down the bottom.

The reason I've started down this track is that I use Ubuntu Linux for most of my work, yet I haven't been able to find any extendible systems that work natively (MUSH apparently works if I go back a few versions in WINE, but that doesn't sound too reliable). So for others like me out there, this might be something you can modify and run with - and maybe the more tech-savvy system builder can help turn it into a gem!

Anyway, if anyone wants to risk trying it... here are the full source and compiled versions so far:
Avaeryn sources
Avaeryn compiled for Ubuntu Jaunty
Avaeryn compiled for Windows XP

Note that before using you should check defences.txt and cures.txt and comment out anything you don't have, or add in other things that you do, and then check options.txt to set the sipper stuff. You can change aliases if you like, but that's not terribly useful yet.

Anyway, let me know if it doesn't work at all!

r2: fixed a small influencing bug for groups with multiple bracketed expressions in the alias.
Unknown2009-09-25 00:53:58
Does Mudbot work for Ubuntu Jaunty?
Unknown2009-09-25 01:02:01
QUOTE (Enigma @ Sep 25 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Mudbot work for Ubuntu Jaunty?

Er, yes. Since that's what I use. tongue.gif
Unknown2009-09-25 01:49:55
Hmm, I had to slightly adjust the logger module to work with Windows, but that's done and a compiled version is up for XP, that will hopefully work okay with other flavours of Windows.

What I'm quite interested in (if anyone feels like trying it), is how the defence-tracking and affliction tracking parts look (but not the curing, which is nowhere near complete), as well as how the auto-influencer works. Let me know!
Unknown2009-09-25 05:11:26
Well, if you could tell me how to compile for AMD64, I'd be happy smile.gif
Unknown2009-09-25 05:15:03
QUOTE (Enigma @ Sep 25 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if you could tell me how to compile for AMD64, I'd be happy smile.gif

I'm afraid I'm not very familiar at all with the AMD64. What errors do you get when you try to compile, and on what operating system?
Unknown2009-09-25 05:22:54
Ubuntu Jaunty.

CODE
/usr/bin/ld: lapi.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `luaO_nilobject_' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
lapi.o: could not read symbols: Bad value

I've tried putting the -fPIC code in, but it doesn't work.
Unknown2009-09-25 05:36:09
QUOTE (Enigma @ Sep 25 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've tried putting the -fPIC code in, but it doesn't work.

Huh, that's really weird. I don't think any of the files actually contain a reference to lua anyway... unless I've overlooked it somewhere.

Edit: No, no source file mentions lua... although the old IMTS I think did.

I wonder... do you have this problem compiling other things? After reading this article for gentoo and this messageboard post on the same issue, I'm wondering if it might be that Lua itself needs to be recompiled on your system with that flag? Or something. It's definitely a weird one!
Unknown2009-09-25 06:16:49
I've got it to work, but I've had to comment out the lua commands for a bit. Something about the library not being the proper one or something. I'll look at it later.

Thanks for helping though!
Unknown2009-09-25 06:24:51
QUOTE (Enigma @ Sep 25 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got it to work, but I've had to comment out the lua commands for a bit. Something about the library not being the proper one or something. I'll look at it later.

Great!

What were the lua commands, out of curiousity?
Unknown2009-09-26 03:58:52
The lua dir command.

I think it was because I messed with some other files, because I didn't know you meant the makefile for the actual mapper install, and not the makefiles for the lua and lrexlib. I think I'm just going to redownload and reinstall.