Character Ideas

by Kante

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Kante2009-09-21 11:58:09
Ever had an idea for a character, but never had the time nor the desire to actually make the character? Share your ideas here, so maybe someone else could get a jump start, or have something to do when they're bored.

The main idea I've had in my mind lately is a human tahtetso.

The idea is for the monk to resemble a Shaolin monk. He would have a shaved head, orange robes, and would spend his time either training or meditating. He would be a vegetarian, and refuse to be the aggressor in any conflict, though if someone attacked him, or a guild mate, he would defend.

I like the idea, personally.
Unknown2009-09-21 14:56:16
I want to see someone really RP with astrology. Do fortune telling and stuff. That would be awesome.
Reiha2009-09-21 15:33:35
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Sep 21 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to see someone really RP with astrology. Do fortune telling and stuff. That would be awesome.

Aison did that once, she was really good at it happy.gif
Sthai2009-09-21 17:22:17
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Sep 21 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nariah does this during the Bloodfaire. Pretty cool.

As for me, I've always wanted to see more in-depth Celestine roleplay. Every time I make an alt, though, it's pretty much dead air in the guild. Lately, from what I've been hearing out of Celest, I don't even want to go to the trouble. More's the pity, I could do a lot with the potential the guild has.

Other characters I'd like to make... a pacifist, a very religious forger, a disgraced noble, a Shadowdancer whose parents were Serens...
Karel2009-09-21 17:26:07
A Nihilist who actually does a lot of philosophy...I mean A LOT, and actually applies it to their life.
This is kind of hard to put into words, but the example that keeps coming to mind is the exorbitant use of crosses - lots of people think of the cross as a Christian symbol, but in the Basin it would probably be a Nihilist symbol.
Unknown2009-09-21 17:37:28
I have an idea for a half-elfen Magnagoran character raised in the undercity, who despises the nobility and is a strong proponent of a Tainted elfen race. I already made the alt, actually, it's just a matter of being too lazy to do much with him right now.
Unknown2009-09-21 18:22:26
QUOTE (Sthai @ Sep 22 2009, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a Shadowdancer whose parents were Serens...

My parents (Viynain/Xiel and Kielo) were Serens sad.gif

As for character ideas, I wanted to do a sadistic healer that forms a sadistic healer cabal that researches on more ways to transform/harm patient auras (like aurawarp and bedevil).
Kiradawea2009-09-21 20:13:06
QUOTE (Reiha @ Sep 21 2009, 05:33 PM)
Aison Kiradawea did that once, she was really good at it happy.gif

Fixed. Aison did tarot reading. I was the astrologist. But yeah, she was good.

As for Celestine roleplay, try to give Kira a poke. I'll admit she's been mostly busy with... an exorbitantly large list of tasks, but if you can get to talk to her, you'll see that Celestine beliefs run pretty deep in her actions.
Casilu2009-09-21 20:42:34
I want an Aquamancer like that general from Dr. Strangelove, you know, obsessed with the purity of his precious bodily fluids.
Unknown2009-09-21 21:29:42
QUOTE (casilu @ Sep 21 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want an Aquamancer like that general from Dr. Strangelove, you know, obsessed with the purity of his precious bodily fluids.

You mean the guy that couldn't get it up?

I would like to see a monk in Celest that's an ascendant, fights crim and evil and gets into occasional wacky adventures with Sidd.
Unknown2009-09-22 15:23:26
QUOTE (Kialkarkea @ Sep 21 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would like to see a monk in Celest that's an ascendant, fights crim and evil and gets into occasional wacky adventures with Sidd.

How about a blue Kephera?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BGOWYudOcE

Does this make Sidd Aurther?
Lawliet2009-09-22 17:35:15
I've had a few ideas, usually revolving around making an actually bat-censor.gif crazy person, not the way Jigan is, he's funny and awesome and gets side-tracked from stuff, this one would be a differant type of crazy, not sure what type, though tongue.gif

I tried to make a monk once but there was no one around to help and after a year of just having mage combat system I couldn't really wrap my head around katas and harmony, put me off.
Unknown2009-09-22 17:53:21
I always wanted to make an Pureblade Orc, named Umbra from Morrowind sad.gif
Lawliet2009-09-22 18:25:44
QUOTE (krin1 @ Sep 22 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always wanted to make an Pureblade Orc, named Umbra from Morrowind sad.gif

Turned up in Oblivion, too, but as an imperial tongue.gif

For the most part I push away the urges to make a char that's similar from anything well known, Lawliet was too tempting, though, though I did steer her away from being an only-sugar-eating-anorexic-weirdo after a while tongue.gif
Unknown2009-09-22 19:31:50
QUOTE (Lawliet @ Sep 22 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Turned up in Oblivion, too, but as an imperial tongue.gif

For the most part I push away the urges to make a char that's similar from anything well known, Lawliet was too tempting, though, though I did steer her away from being an only-sugar-eating-anorexic-weirdo after a while tongue.gif

Was a wood elf actually.

Also, I'm ALREADY a blue kephera. When I am one. Reeeeally really dark blue.
Casilu2009-09-22 22:54:36
QUOTE (Kialkarkea @ Sep 21 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The guy who would only drink pure grain alcohol and rain water.
Mihewi2009-09-23 00:58:42
DRACNARI GODZILLA. *nod nod nod nod nod* No idea what guild would work for it though... and Godzilla breathes some sort of crazy lightning stuff, not fire, but eh... same difference.

Plus, you know, several story tall monster thing might not really fit in too well.

Oh! Aquamancer would probably suit it best. It can be angry at the Mags for tainting the precious ocean with all their waste. Because that's why Godzilla hates mankind, right? I think.
Lawliet2009-09-24 18:28:49
QUOTE (Mihewi @ Sep 23 2009, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DRACNARI GODZILLA. *nod nod nod nod nod* No idea what guild would work for it though... and Godzilla breathes some sort of crazy lightning stuff, not fire, but eh... same difference.

Plus, you know, several story tall monster thing might not really fit in too well.

Oh! Aquamancer would probably suit it best. It can be angry at the Mags for tainting the precious ocean with all their waste. Because that's why Godzilla hates mankind, right? I think.

Godzilla doesn't hate mankind, just needs food, I thought tongue.gif
Dai2009-09-24 18:34:51
A racially supremacist taurian, utilizing a charismatic veneer to sermonize at length on the natural transcendence of bovines while simultaneously amassing an army of thuggish subordinates to put his biogted views into action. This would work especially well in Magnagora, I feel. I would especially like to see Fain's reaction when one of His favoured races attempted to overthrow the others. Glee? Rage? (I would also like to re-create my favourite video game boss of all time, Psycho Mantis, as a telepathic Geomancer.)
Unknown2009-11-13 20:51:47
If it weren't against the rules, I think it'd be hilarious to see a character with multiple personalities played by different people.