Forum/Blog Profiling!

by Asin

Back to The Funnies.

Asin2009-09-26 23:03:33
I'm sorry people but I couldn't resist showing this off because it made me laugh so hard. It's an article about the different types of 'jerks' of blogging and forums. I found it so funny because you pretty much can see all of these even in these awesome forums ohmy.gif ... Anyway enjoy. If you find any other thing like this you should post it because it gives a good laugh. biggrin.gif

One i found the funniest:
6. The Moderator

Taking a slightly subtler approach to making visitors feel unwelcome, the Moderator maintains an air of superiority as he bunkers down each day on a particular site's comment section or message board for another 16-hour stint as archivist-in-residence. He's the cool kid -- the site vet who's been around for a long time and knows what's what. Leave a message that repeats something someone else said 16 months ago, and he'll let you know about it within minutes.

"Um, yeah, Newbie0314, we talked about that back when NeverTouchedAWoman24 brought the subject up last May. But thanks for contributing, lol."

Treating the forum as his own private gated community, the (self-appointed) Moderator seems to have adopted as his personal philosophy the Pythonesque commandment "Every thread is precious." To keep each discussion safe and pure, he will treat any commenter who has fewer than 200 messages to his name as an undocumented invader who doesn't deserve a spot on his beloved forum. All of this, we assume, from the comfort of his parents' basement.

Here's the Link to the full Article: http://tech.msn.com/products/slideshow.asp...1>1=40000
Xavius2009-09-26 23:24:34
Um, yeah, we had something like this posted a few years ago. The last person who did it was even kind enough to give a link, like so. But thanks for contributing, lol.
Asin2009-09-26 23:26:58
QUOTE (Xavius @ Sep 26 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um, yeah, we had something like this posted a few years ago. The last person who did it was even kind enough to give a link, like so. But thanks for contributing, lol.

I KEEEL you!! tongue.gif Jk