Aetherbubbles and how they rate

by Unknown

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2009-09-19 11:27:51
What are the most useful and/or fun aetherbubbles to visit, especially for hunting or questing? So far, I only know Xion, and I haven't been to the other aetherbubbles. Looking for advice from the more seasoned travelers here. Anything particularly interesting on any of the other bubbles?
Ixion2009-09-19 11:30:31
I particularly enjoyed Muckle/Bottomdowns, minus the bugs initially. The Divinity was quite a bit of fun to tinker around with.
Talan2009-09-19 12:32:32
Crumkindivia - small with decent bashing or influencing and gold. No honors line, but there is a quest to do which is fun. Definitely neat to explore. Down with the pastry rebels.

Facility - pretty lame. There is an honors quest here but it is both tedious and frustrating. I had hoped this bubble would answer some questions about the mysterious race of gnomes but I was disappointed. I guess the gnome beaters are supposed to be good for influencing.

Frosticia - feeling of being half-finished. As far as I know there's no quest here, and while the mobs/room descs hint that there's more to explore, there just isn't. There are some neat room-effects. Definitely worth looking around. Also influencing is really good. High level friendly snowmen, woo.

Cankermore - one of the more fun honors quests in the game, to me -- a little turn-based strategy minigame. You need to finish the quest before you can get more backstory/information out of either commander, and there is enough to make the effort worth it.

Dramube - like Cankermore, not much to do besides the quest. The bashing is part of it, and is fair. Quest is fun, if repetitive and tiresome at times. Do not overthink it! Requires a bit of flying as well.

Mucklemarsh - fun to explore. Both honors quests here are fairly straightforward. Opening Divinity up is a fun little puzzle. Ship's Log was the best part. Finks are cute.

Bottledowns - been meaning to go back here to quest. Definitely worth the trip to see the figurines in the likeness of older players. I guess facility is good for this too.
Lehki2009-09-19 14:40:14
QUOTE (Talan @ Sep 19 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mucklemarsh - fun to explore. Both honors quests here are fairly straightforward. Opening Divinity up is a fun little puzzle. Ship's Log was the best part. Finks are cute.

Don't forget the face huggers.
Razenth2009-09-19 17:16:49
Or the marshworm. Goddamn marshworm.
Ixion2009-09-19 17:38:18
QUOTE (Razenth @ Sep 19 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or the marshworm. Goddamn marshworm.

laugh.gif saw those deathsights.. Poor Raz
Lawliet2009-09-19 21:38:57
I found Xion the most interesting but that might be cuz I like that it's a lab sorta thing, never could get the quest to work, anyone that wants to help me with that contact me IG tongue.gif
Unknown2009-09-20 11:33:35
Quest is broken last I heard, let us sit and wait for an unsolvable brain busting puzzle that no one can really solve. *grief*
Celina2009-09-20 11:41:04
I like the Crum quest. I finally got the honors for completing it.

It's fairly simplistic, but interesting. I played it during many a domoth claiming.
Ixion2009-09-20 14:03:33
QUOTE (Ruiku @ Sep 20 2009, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quest is broken last I heard, let us sit and wait for an unsolvable brain busting puzzle that no one can really solve. *grief*

It's not that hard. The hard part is doing everything before the parts reset.

QUOTE (Celina @ Sep 20 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the Crum quest. I finally got the honors for completing it.

It's fairly simplistic, but interesting. I played it during many a domoth claiming.

There is no Crum "honors," I assume you mean Cankermore Battlegrounds.
Tervic2009-09-20 21:30:18
QUOTE (Ruiku @ Sep 20 2009, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It used to be broken, but it's fixed now. Totally doable solo, though the timing is dicey on the level of the Newton's quests. I had everything written out ahead of time when I attempted it.