Syridean Combat Logs

by Aerotan

Back to Combat Logs.

Aerotan2009-09-17 22:18:28
http://nogfx.org/logs/770

So, aside from obvious flub-ups like trying to meld a non-flooded area, and trying to fight as a non-demi Aslaran Aquamancer, any advice?
Kante2009-09-17 22:43:51
My suggestions:

First, when casting your demesne effects, make sure they're timed properly. By the looks of it, you were casting them as soon as you gain eq. Effects hit on a ten second timer, so I'd recommend setting up some triggers and timers to show when those ten second intervals are, and also have timers for five second intervals. I'd also recommend setting up an alias that turns on certain triggers to cast your demesne effects in the proper timing, but do things as you can.

Secondly, DISSOLVE. I only saw him getting hit with the demesne effect that causes freezing. You can dissolve so long as you have balance, so, for instance, you could create an alias that would dissolve his protection scroll first, and then the same alias could have preserve to come after that. That, used in coordination with the first suggestion will help you to better time your attacks to keep your opponent disabled and you with the upper hand.

And third, when you're fighting monks, and they start to gain momentum, run. You have to run them out of it, because if they gain momentum, you're screwed.
Aerotan2009-09-18 00:31:51
They were on a timer. There's a timer in the log, I thought. Aside from jellies, which misfired at the start of it, I hit them all at ten second intervals.
Zenon2009-09-18 00:32:07
QUOTE (Kante @ Sep 17 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Secondly, DISSOLVE. I only saw him getting hit with the demesne effect that causes freezing. You can dissolve so long as you have balance, so, for instance, you could create an alias that would dissolve his protection scroll first, and then the same alias could have preserve to come after that. That, used in coordination with the first suggestion will help you to better time your attacks to keep your opponent disabled and you with the upper hand.

That one does go through protection.
Celina2009-09-18 00:39:59
Aquas and geos don't need to time everything. Really just the stun and iceflows and whatever else will afflict/damage. Why would you need sweetfont to be timed with jellyfish? You don't, so don't waste time.
Aerotan2009-09-18 00:45:22
So just icefloe, hailstorm, Jellies and the like?

I can see not needing healspring and sweetfount to tic at the same time...
Kante2009-09-18 01:32:24
QUOTE (Aerotan @ Sep 17 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So just icefloe, hailstorm, Jellies and the like?

I can see not needing healspring and sweetfount to tic at the same time...

I was a druid, so in general, I assume mage offense works much the same way.
Casilu2009-09-18 01:49:20
QUOTE (Kante @ Sep 17 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mages can fight outside of the demesne with some effectiveness.
Celina2009-09-18 01:49:28
QUOTE (Kante @ Sep 17 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well....it doesn't. Not even remotely.
Aerotan2009-09-18 01:53:15
QUOTE (casilu @ Sep 17 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mages can fight outside of the demesne with some effectiveness.

The only high-end abilities I have are Preserve and Maelstrom, both of which require a demesne to kill someone who's attempting to keep themselves thawed.

On second thought, would Liquidform have been a better option than Maelstrom at the end there?
Celina2009-09-18 01:55:44
QUOTE (Aerotan @ Sep 17 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only high-end abilities I have are Preserve and Maelstrom, both of which require a demesne to kill someone who's attempting to keep themselves thawed.

On second thought, would Liquidform have been a better option than Maelstrom at the end there?

No. Don't use any of those three things.

What's your tertiary?
Unknown2009-09-18 01:55:45
Forren always taught timing your effects to sweetfount or healspring, that way you had a pretty good chance of having them close to eachother. I didn't notice any telepathy, runes or dreamweaving, those help tremendously with mage combat. Stance and parry, if you don't have a shield or shield rune.
Aerotan2009-09-18 01:59:26
QUOTE (Celina @ Sep 17 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. Don't use any of those three things.

What's your tertiary?

Psionics, but I don't have any lessons past Master.

Likewise, I have up to Trueshield in combat, but no shield at present. (I'm not even sure I have robes now that I think on it, but I know I'll be getting them if I don't)
Celina2009-09-18 02:01:55
QUOTE (Aerotan @ Sep 17 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Psionics, but I don't have any lessons past Master.

Likewise, I have up to Trueshield in combat, but no shield at present. (I'm not even sure I have robes now that I think on it, but I know I'll be getting them if I don't)

Well in that case, I'd suggest not fighting until you get at least mindburst. Maybe mindblast and you can kill some lowbies.

harsh truth.