Avenger

by Gero

Back to The Polling Place.

Gero2009-09-06 05:05:26
I'm all for booting it.
Unknown2009-09-06 05:09:07
...why did you make checkboxes?
Xiel2009-09-06 05:11:49
Already been voted before. No, Avenger shouldn't be bloody get rid of because it's one of the few things which actually limit the rampant douchebaggery that spreads through the game.

Note: Can I even say douchebaggery on the forums? ninja.gif
Shaddus2009-09-06 05:14:24
QUOTE (Xiel @ Sep 6 2009, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Note: Can I even say douchebaggery on the forums? ninja.gif

I think you just did ninja.gif

Hell no, don't get rid of Avenger. If we don't have Avenger, Lusternia will turn into another Imperian/Achaea.

She looked at me funny and insulted me, so I have the right to kill her.
Gero2009-09-06 05:15:34
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Sep 5 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell no, don't get rid of Avenger. If we don't have Avenger, Lusternia will turn into another Imperian/Achaea.

Issues are there for crazy stuff like that.
Xiel2009-09-06 05:16:01
Pretty much what Shaddus said. I've seen it and have had it done to me. Some people would take a nublet walking by in offense and kill and make them pray for it.

Edit: And no, issues are faulty and a big gray area since people would then issue for any offensive action taken against them even with reasonable excuse. With the Avenger, the rules of what you can and can't do on Prime are clearly defined and since you get a big warning about doing something offensive, you then take it upon yourself to meet the consequences if you choose to ignore it.
Lorina2009-09-06 05:16:07
I think you can say d************. Wait...What? I can't say d************!? How come he can!?
Anyways, the Avenger, on some level, protects the Prime plane and its novices. Also, the squishy, noncombatants that sometimes leaves their aetherships to seek sustenance or more virgins. So, for Doman's sake, Avanger must staaaaaay.
Zenon2009-09-06 05:17:25
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Sep 5 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. I think I had at least one level 5 character on Achaea who got randomly killed. That's not the way to retain new players, regardless of how much fun prime raids might be.
Vathael2009-09-06 05:20:15
A swirling void of darkness opens up before Asmoth, emanating a mad alien presence. He whimpers as tendrils of icy smoke leap out and bore into his body. As the void slams shut, he screams in abject terror, and you cannot help but watch in fascination as his soul is ripped asunder from his body.
The ominous silence lifts.
Asmoth has been slain by Gero.

Focusing on his head, you strike at Asmoth with a hideous hammer of depraved steel. You crush him in the throat, crushing his windpipe.
Asmoth's body judders with the final strike, and a dull snap echoes out as something vital inside him is irrevocably broken. His eyes roll up into his head and a lifeless corpse is all that falls.
You have slain Asmoth.

With a heavy overhand stroke, you slam a hideous hammer of depraved steel down upon Asmoth. You smite his skull with a resounding crack that makes him stagger and shake his head.
The blow continues into Asmoth's body, causing a sickening cracking and mashing sound. A terrible rictus of pain twists his features for a moment, vanishing suddenly as he falls, lifeless, to the ground.
You have slain Asmoth.

As the carillion bells thunder in the air, Asmoth nearly doubles over when an angry cough suddenly wracks his body.
Asmoth curls up and dies as the wracking cough rips his lungs to shreds.
Asmoth has been slain by Narsrim.

Laughing maniacally, Iytha clenches her fists in triumph as the ground splits open beneath Asmoth, releasing foul smelling vapour and a blast of fetid heat. He hovers momentarily over the gaping earthen maw before being sucked screaming down into its darkness, his cries abruptly ending as the stinking chasm rumbles shut.
Asmoth has been slain by Iytha.

Xenthos2009-09-06 05:24:56
I voted yes and no.

I am sorry. The checkboxes tempted me. sad.gif
Celina2009-09-06 05:27:08
haha, knell kill. Funny.
Bael2009-09-06 05:30:04
QUOTE (Zenon @ Sep 6 2009, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. I think I had at least one level 5 character on Achaea who got randomly killed. That's not the way to retain new players, regardless of how much fun prime raids might be.

They don't have a grace in Achaea?

QUOTE (Vathael @ Sep 6 2009, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
roflness.

Oh man, it's quite obvious you all kicked Asmoth out of Magnagora for showing superior combat prowess. I sense some jealously vathael.

Regardless, whether Avenger is kept or not doesn't matter to me. I didn't vote.
Vathael2009-09-06 05:31:55
QUOTE (Bael @ Sep 6 2009, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh man, it's quite obvious you all kicked Asmoth out of Magnagora for showing superior combat prowess. I sense some jealously vathael.

Regardless, whether Avenger is kept or not doesn't matter to me. I didn't vote.

It's true. sad.gif
Zenon2009-09-06 05:32:38
QUOTE (Bael @ Sep 5 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Divine grace, but no innocence.
Shaddus2009-09-06 05:36:09
QUOTE (Zenon @ Sep 6 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Divine grace, but no innocence.

Almost right out of the flame or whatever, I was killed at the novice area (by a monk, no less), my gold stolen when it dropped from my hands, and called ... well, let's just say I don't even use those words and I curse like a sailor. When I complained, I was told I pretty much just had to pay someone to kill that person for me.
Vathael2009-09-06 05:38:21
And it's kind of hard to get people to take contracts depending on your org so you just have to learn to fight and get bigger and go own the loser that attacked you. Achaea was fun. smile.gif

EDIT: The one time I did ever get a quisalis to take a contract on someone they died too. Damn failures. sad.gif
Unknown2009-09-06 06:17:09
Or just play a female character. Then, the "fun" is yelling at people to stop trying to "protect" you (ie fulfill their PK urges on your own legitimate enemies tongue.gif).
Casilu2009-09-06 06:38:03
QUOTE (Xenthos @ Sep 5 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I voted yes and no.

I am sorry. The checkboxes tempted me. sad.gif

Are we related?
Unknown2009-09-06 06:46:13
I voted for both because I could.
Gero2009-09-06 07:15:16
I'm mad that I'm now peaced and can't help defend.
Seems pretty silly over one person dying, I got status for throwing a lust tarot.