SoCal Lustycon!

by Nementh

Back to Meet and Greet.

Nementh2009-08-25 02:00:14
Ok so not a real convention. I am thinking of organizing an event for all of us Lusty people, not just SoCal people.

If I have enough interest, sometime around January, I would like to have the first San Diego Lustycon! I figure January because that is still winter break for a lot of students, and also when the family obligations drop off. While it is a little cloudier sometimes in Jan in San Diego, we normally have comfortable weather and sun, so it seems like a good deal.

Likely locations will be a BBQ style picnic at the part across the highway from Balboa park. During the night hours, we will hit the Gaslamp and party.

If you are interested in helping me organize this event, message me and I will give you my email and phone number and we can get this party started!
Unknown2009-08-25 09:38:17
Definitely. I'll be in a shiny new house by then, as well, so I could (tentatively) host some guests/BBQ/preparty stuff.
Daganev2009-08-25 17:41:59
a scary scary thought...
Nementh2009-08-25 22:08:28
Actually instead of the Park by Balboa, how about the park near the Presidio outside of Oldtown...

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&i...1743&li=lmd

Also, possibly, Silver Strand State Beach (assuming it is open... stupid state budget.) (In January the chance of sun on the beach is slim to none. It will be gray marine layer most likely.)

If I can get enough people interested, I might be able to arrange a group deal for the San Diego Zoo or Sea World San Diego.

I would really like some help planning though as I live in Riverside, so it would be easier if I had contact locally down there to help manage things as well.
Unknown2009-08-25 23:30:17
Presidio is currently inacessible, as they are digging the road up. Not sure how long that'll take. There's always Mission Bay park which is central and has fire rings, for a fun bonfire and so on. Silver Strand is a headache just because of the bridge...it closes at sundown, so you have to drive down nearly to Mexico to get off the pseudo-island. They don't close the beach, btw, because of that. It's on either side of the road.

Anyways, details which can be hammered out. I live in San Diego, so feel free to bug me for stuff.
Daganev2009-08-25 23:32:48
let's do it at border park, so we can watch people cross the border back and forth as thier soccer balls get kicked over the fence.
Unknown2009-08-25 23:35:41
Lol and play "dodge the cancer!" as we go swimming in the ocean right by there! King of the trashheap!

My vote's no on anything in Chulajuana. sad.gif
Ishant2009-08-26 00:32:13
If I'm accepted by Long Beach or San Diego Uni for semester I may even be in US at the time, take that as a deterent or good thing as you will.
Razenth2009-08-26 00:33:49
Naw, stick with Balboa plz. sleep.gif Ask Gero if he wants to come down, he's not that far out.
Nementh2009-08-26 00:56:34
Unless we do it IN Balboa, it will be hard for the non-locals to find, and to do it IN Balboa park costs a lot of money, plus we are not allowed to cook, so it will have to be catered. Balboa park is just to expensive.

Mission Bay, or Fiesta Island would be good, of course Fiesta Island is on the hard to find for non-local list as well. Cabrillo Point also has a good picnic area.

Sad why don't we put together a list of possible places, and sometime in September I will swing down there and we can check them out, see what would work? Raz and Gero, you're welcome to join in as well.

My contact is in the email I sent you.
Daganev2009-08-26 01:01:57
Balboa is nice cause you can go clubbin at sunset.

seal clubbin! smile.gif

Unknown2009-08-26 01:02:01
Works for me. I've already hosted a few mini-meets for Aetolia (more like people crashing on my couches and gaming it up over my wifi or beating each other up on my PS3 while I cook), and my new house will be a LOT bigger, so I don't mind hosting a few people for a weekend, either, if people coming from further would need a place to crash. That adds to the inexpensive factor. Granted, you have to be non-creepy.
Daganev2009-08-26 01:03:08
hmm, Balboa park, must not be the real name of the place my friends and I would have fire pits when I went to UCSD laugh.gif

Now, THAT is funny.
Nementh2009-08-26 01:30:11
well the Green grass park that I thinking of is in Hillcrest, and the further you get from University, the less rules seem to apply to Hillcrest...
Casilu2009-08-26 17:45:11
Plan to bring bug spray, in case Sadhyra gets out of line.
Unknown2009-08-26 23:18:44
sad.gif
Nementh2009-08-27 02:52:45
The Dates for Lustycon San Diego are:

-drumroll-

January 9th through the 10th, 2010.

Location, San Diego. Event schedule will be provided as information becomes available.
Gero2009-08-28 07:56:54
I'm down for meeting up with my fellow socals, just please none of you be old creepy men.
Richter2009-08-28 08:11:19
Looks like a looooong drive for me. Wonder if I could do it cheap by train.
Unknown2009-08-28 10:54:20
QUOTE (SerenGuard Gero @ Aug 28 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm down for meeting up with my fellow socals, just please none of you be old creepy men.

sad.gif Sorry.