Racial RP: What's your favorite?

by Unknown

Back to The Polling Place.

Unknown2009-08-23 02:44:55
Post your explanations in your posts: I'll start.

Personally, my absolute favorite is Lucidian RP. It's so well fleshed out, and though it's difficult to pull off due to the inherent nature of Lusternia's commands. The complete offball, alien nature of it just attracts me like a bear to honey.
Everiine2009-08-23 02:51:49
I've only really had experience with a Trill, and even though the RP isn't nearly as fleshed out, I still enjoy it.
Joli2009-08-23 04:05:21
Am I blind or are furrikin not up there?
Nykolai2009-08-23 04:08:24
This is obviously a furrikin hate thread. content.gif
Mirami2009-08-23 04:10:15
QUOTE (Joli @ Aug 22 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I blind or are furrikin not up there?

They're not.

Loboshigaru... can be amazingly fun to play, if you've got a group around you that plays them well. I tend to be too sleepy to do as much of the regular, every-day stuff, and there are few other lobos in Seren right now, but the racial RP is there, the history is there (enough of it), and it's not hard to get in to.
Harkux2009-08-23 14:14:38
/feels shunned, doesn't vote due to lack of furrikin
Unknown2009-08-23 14:16:51
I ran out of space! Cut me some slack, we have 21 races and 20 questions per vote! >.<
Unknown2009-08-23 14:37:48
I've always held that Orclach have the potential for most badass RP. It's rarely done, but hey, the potential's there.
Callia2009-08-23 14:45:35
Agreed, Orclach have a LOT of potential. I mean the idea of an Orclach Paladin is just awesome, I just do not feel like investing into another character.

Unknown2009-08-23 15:54:37
orclach.gif

Hooo!

Whirl sword.

Fania2009-08-24 21:01:29
I voted faeling, because I had a lot of fun playing her in Serenwilde. She has been deleted now, unfortunately. I just never seem to be able to keep up with more than one character at a time. happy.gif

Also, Kial, your choices for Furrikin are confusing and funny.
Unknown2009-08-24 22:31:23
Kephera!!! I love the whole Queen/Hive thing (themed my whole ship after it), and it's fun. Races which have distinct, extravagant physical characteristics tend to be easier to play, I think, but sometimes it does get sadface because you can't just sit and be pretty and stuff. Us gals always, somewhere deep down, wanna be pretty. sad.gif
Tervic2009-08-24 23:12:26
I really liked roleplaying as a "Lone wolf" loboshigaru. In fact, the only races I'll use are human (bashing), trill (personal reasons), and loboshigaru (roleplay). I definately used a lot of it as "pack father" in the Paladins, and having me the player thinking in that mindset I think carried over into my game persona and made things a lot more enjoyable for everyone.

Sorry for lack of coherence, I'm sleepy.
Fania2009-08-24 23:13:28
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Aug 24 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kephera!!! I love the whole Queen/Hive thing (themed my whole ship after it), and it's fun. Races which have distinct, extravagant physical characteristics tend to be easier to play, I think, but sometimes it does get sadface because you can't just sit and be pretty and stuff. Us gals always, somewhere deep down, wanna be pretty. sad.gif

Just because you are Kephera doesn't mean you aren't considered pretty! Kephera seem the type to always think they are pretty, and regal.

Some people are going to prefer one race over another for relationships, but that doesn't mean your character can't believe she is pretty or be seen by others to be pretty. Your actions and words make you "pretty". While it's fun to sit around as a statue and have people drool all over you, it's more fulfilling to have people actually like you (and think you are pretty) because you are fun to be with.
Shaddus2009-08-24 23:29:18
Illithoid RP rocks. I tend to switch between either thinking I'm superior to all the overworld dwellers, and for novices from other guilds I tend to RP being a dumb brute who will eat your face. Seretenin does illithoid rp 10X better than I could.
Unknown2009-08-24 23:32:43
QUOTE (Fania @ Aug 24 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just because you are Kephera doesn't mean you aren't considered pretty! Kephera seem the type to always think they are pretty, and regal.

Some people are going to prefer one race over another for relationships, but that doesn't mean your character can't believe she is pretty or be seen by others to be pretty. Your actions and words make you "pretty". While it's fun to sit around as a statue and have people drool all over you, it's more fulfilling to have people actually like you (and think you are pretty) because you are fun to be with.

Oh, I know, eye of the beholder and all that. However, it is a fantasy game, and sometimes, even just for a few minutes every now and then, it's fun to play a character that looks like a supermodel. tongue.gif
Unknown2009-08-24 23:34:00
I did immensely enjoy going around telling people their brain tasted delicious.

Then there was Leiliadhe with her book on Illithoid biology, what with all its tentacles and gropage.
Unknown2009-08-24 23:42:37
QUOTE (Sadhyra @ Aug 24 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I know, eye of the beholder and all that. However, it is a fantasy game, and sometimes, even just for a few minutes every now and then, it's fun to play a character that looks like a supermodel. tongue.gif

I'm sure Tycho would love your character. He'd love her reeeeeeeal haaaard.
Unknown2009-08-25 00:15:02
I get the feeling it's not by accident that his name rhymes with psycho.
Unknown2009-08-25 09:53:25
I like playing the "proud elfen" roleplay. Hey guys, we were the first mortals to contact the fae. Without us, you would all be decaying dust motes.