Org RP

by Unknown

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Unknown2009-08-16 00:40:57
Out of boredom and the fact I keep hearing people complain about Lusternia's current stat of roleplay I'm curious how people see their current organization and if they think the roleplay could be improved.

For example, I still like Magnagora but it is more for the potential RP it has over what anyone is doing. The whole thing seems to have just fallen back on being a city that can shake a sword instead of the layered class system I always thought it should have. You don't see much in the way of a real noble class or a group of scholars. It also needs to have more of the kids who seem to be running around doing idiotic things thrown up on crosses.
Casilu2009-08-16 00:56:24
I have yet to experience roleplay in Magnagora.
Everiine2009-08-16 01:05:01
RP is dying, the first victim of Demigods and Ascendants. All that matters to orgs now is if you can grief for them, so they can "win".
Karel2009-08-16 01:05:15
As far as Magnagora goes, I don't see as much citywide RP as I do guild RP...or maybe that's just the Geomancers.
Unknown2009-08-16 01:07:32
You get laughed at if you have any sense of Rp in Glomdoring. Unless it happens to be spamming Gbtg then your given favours sugar cookies and love.
Celina2009-08-16 01:41:30
QUOTE (casilu @ Aug 15 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's because it died. People stopped caring about families/rank when they disliked others that were in positions of influence. It was easier to just play how you wanted instead of going with the actual existing RP. As well as a lot of "good RPers" were really just situational RPers. Mag was amazing when I first started, but once a few key people quit, it became a hot mess.
Casilu2009-08-16 01:43:38
QUOTE (Celina @ Aug 15 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's because it died. People stopped caring about families/rank when they disliked others that were in positions of influence. It was easier to just play how you wanted instead of going with the actual existing RP. As well as a lot of "good RPers" were really just situational RPers. Mag was amazing when I first started, but once a few key people quit, it became a hot mess.

How long does RP take to lich?
Karel2009-08-16 01:44:46
9 months.
Casilu2009-08-16 01:47:47
QUOTE (Karel @ Aug 15 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
9 months.

Probably won't be around long enough to see it, then. Who am I kidding, I would have left already if I had some place to go.
Celina2009-08-16 01:50:05
If achaea is any sign of how long RP takes to lich....years...and still counting.
Casilu2009-08-16 02:02:30
I don't think they have lich, but a thought has occured, what if all the people (especially those who have some rank in their org) who are complaining about a lack of RP contributed to try and revive it? I'd help, if there was any way I could.
Karel2009-08-16 02:13:04
It's what I try to do with Karel...when you RP, others around you tend to be more conscious of their own RP (or lack thereof) and polish it a bit...let's keep it going, eh?
Krackenor2009-08-16 02:14:26
I'm trying to revive familial pride and superiority in d'Murani, but it doesn't really help that I didn't pay attention to the family until just before I needed to take over.

You know, now that I think about it...Celina, can I have a word with you?
Celina2009-08-16 02:15:45
QUOTE (Krackenor @ Aug 15 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm trying to revive familial pride and superiority in d'Murani, but it doesn't really help that I didn't pay attention to the family until just before I needed to take over.

You know, now that I think about it...Celina, can I have a word with you?

That depends...am I in trouble? tongue.gif

sure. PM/send me a tell
Moiraine2009-08-16 02:44:15
QUOTE (Celina @ Aug 16 2009, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If achaea is any sign of how long RP takes to lich....years...and still counting.

loltrue!

So very, very true sad.gif
Unknown2009-08-16 04:04:37
QUOTE (casilu @ Aug 15 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chat Othero up when you see him, We can come up with something. That's the thing about Mag at least. I'm not sure who to RP with. I have a few people I do Nihilist RP with, a few I do Raezon RP with though that's not doing great, but city RP is just blah. You can probably at least get him bitching about it. He's considering himself one of the last real nobles to exist in the city.
Casilu2009-08-16 04:22:19
QUOTE (Othero @ Aug 15 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chat Othero up when you see him, We can come up with something. That's the thing about Mag at least. I'm not sure who to RP with. I have a few people I do Nihilist RP with, a few I do Raezon RP with though that's not doing great, but city RP is just blah. You can probably at least get him bitching about it. He's considering himself one of the last real nobles to exist in the city.

I might have to take you up on that, maybe.
Mirami2009-08-16 05:11:24
Seren RP was, for a long time, pocketed (As in, was hidden away, mostly near our chessboard/places other than Mother) since we had so many people. However, given our current situation, we might actually be able to come up with some decent Seren RP that doesn't constantly get put down by people influencing/groaning at the Nexus.

I guess we'll need to run with more of the whole "Last Forest" stuff.
Unknown2009-08-16 05:13:19
Shadowdancers have good org RP, it's kind of been a bit down since Talan went rogue, she gave Shadowdancers Nightshade-Hate RP that was so fun...

Ishant, Nori and I are trying to revive it, getting more rituals to be done and events together to get us to stop ignoring each other... blackeye.gif But it's getting hard with the lack of other to actually do the RP with...

suspicious.gif Maybe we should expand our rituals' influences to include other Guilds, as apparently we're a tad bit seclusive..
Damadreas2009-08-16 05:49:28
Tad bit exclusive, heh.

Maybe the Shadowdancers should strive to be the Spiritual Leaders of Glomdoring like they're supposed to be and less like a secretive cult. That's the Nekotai's job. smile.gif

That being said, Night's Secrets, there should always be a secretive upper echelon haughtiness to the SD's imo, it's part of what's defined the guild for some time, but I feel personally as if Glomdoring has changed much in the way we all deal with eachother (Mostly newer people seeming part of that.), but I don't feel like the SD's have necessarily grown or changed to accomodate that for themselves or the org.

I see great potential for the SD's to act as spiritual envoys or guides to the commune in the following of Night, they simply don't seize it.