Thinking of playing again

by Unknown

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2009-07-26 14:49:40
Yo. Boredom strikes and I'm thinking of playing Lusternia again some, probably as a Bard this time (Harbingers content.gif ). I have some questions etc. that I'd like feedback on.

1. What's the current network of allies like, and how do bards go about reaching the astral plane? Getting to and from it easily as certain classes in certain orgs has always been a challenge for me when I played.

2. What is the Harbingers and the Bard class in general like? I have no healing system and don't see myself doing much PvP, though group fights are always an option (and as I remember it, the norm) in Lusternia, and your healing system tends to come into play after your tankiness in a group fight, and I won't have tankiness anyway, so yeah.

3. Any artifacts that it's really good for a bard to have? How do all these weapon runes effect instruments?

Thank you smile.gif
Zalandrus2009-07-26 15:56:17
Current network of allies: Glom is kind of by itself, after becoming the top military force. Starting with the traditional Celest-Seren vs. Mag-Glom, it became Celest-Mag v. Seren-Glom with the Raziela/rite/fai'gloh whatever event (a lot of people are still sore about it). Celest was trampeld and is now trying to recover, maintaining a weak alliance with Mag. Seren is kinda distancing itself from Glom now...I don't think it's officially "allied" in any sense with either Celest or Mag.

Now that each city/commune is limited to 1 construct, city warriors/bards/monks have completely lost their easy way to get to the higher planes. I'm not sure what other methods commune people might have...
Unknown2009-07-26 21:22:32
Celestians get rides from Aquas/Celestines. Or you find someone with a cubix/other appropriate travel device.
Casilu2009-07-26 21:50:32
QUOTE (Jello @ Jul 26 2009, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3. Any artifacts that it's really good for a bard to have? How do all these weapon runes effect instruments?

Thank you smile.gif

Magic damage and shield rune are the too I can think of. Weapon runes only work on monks/warriors.
Furien2009-07-26 21:51:02
QUOTE (Jello @ Jul 26 2009, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yo. Boredom strikes and I'm thinking of playing Lusternia again some, probably as a Bard this time (Harbingers content.gif ). I have some questions etc. that I'd like feedback on.

1. What's the current network of allies like, and how do bards go about reaching the astral plane? Getting to and from it easily as certain classes in certain orgs has always been a challenge for me when I played.

2. What is the Harbingers and the Bard class in general like? I have no healing system and don't see myself doing much PvP, though group fights are always an option (and as I remember it, the norm) in Lusternia, and your healing system tends to come into play after your tankiness in a group fight, and I won't have tankiness anyway, so yeah.

Thank you smile.gif

1. Glomdoring > Magnagora > Serenwilde >= Celest
Communes vs. Cities
As a Gloom just TELEPORT NIGHT when you get the construct buff. (Find that out in-game)

2. Play Minorsecond @ Target and it dies, Music has a bunch of nice utility, your song spec itself isn't too bad. Glamours and Ecology will both have good options, Acrobatics gives you dodging.

3. +Magic damage. Weapon runes are for weapons, not instruments.
Unknown2009-07-26 21:56:15
If you attach the shield rune to your instrument it'll pop it to maestro level automatically, though. Also, not specifically for bards, just in general - Rune of Absorption.
Unknown2009-07-26 22:06:48
1. It's pretty much a free-for-all currently, with weak treaties holding Magnagora-Celest and Serenwilde-Glomdoring. To get to the Astral as a bard, you can TELEPORT NIGHT if you're a Nightwraith (find more about being a Nightwraith in-game).

2. Harbingers (and most of Glomdoring) are mainly based on bleeding and manadrain. You get a number of song effects for that in Shadowbeat, your skill specialization as a Harbinger.

3. No idea on artifacts!
Unknown2009-07-26 22:37:11
Cool, thank you for all of the replies smile.gif I actually remember nightwraiths and teleport night from the last time I played, but it slipped my mind until someone mentioned it.

I've also been pleasantly surprised by how helpful people in Glomdoring have been so far. I remember a time when Gloms were very fairly suspicious of and hostile towards each other. I guess at some point the dynamic changed, and the org became superior after that? Or maybe it was the other way around? Regardless, it's been great so far biggrin.gif
Unknown2009-07-26 22:45:20
I can't attest to their mood before, but I imagine it's been pretty good lately considering everything, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're having a good experience. Welcome back to Lusty, and I hope you stick around and enjoy yourself!
Desitrus2009-07-27 01:45:25
QUOTE (Jello @ Jul 26 2009, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool, thank you for all of the replies smile.gif I actually remember nightwraiths and teleport night from the last time I played, but it slipped my mind until someone mentioned it.

I've also been pleasantly surprised by how helpful people in Glomdoring have been so far. I remember a time when Gloms were very fairly suspicious of and hostile towards each other. I guess at some point the dynamic changed, and the org became superior after that? Or maybe it was the other way around? Regardless, it's been great so far biggrin.gif

Bassoooo

Anyway, yes, Glom is a happy place now, filled with trees, joy, and the Kreljirotrusidd machine.
Celina2009-07-27 01:54:36
QUOTE (Desitrus @ Jul 26 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kreljirotrusidd

What...an awful name.
Ardmore2009-07-27 02:00:27
QUOTE (Desitrus @ Jul 26 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bassoooo

Anyway, yes, Glom is a happy place now, filled with trees, joy, and the Kreljirotrusidd machine.

I can't figure out what names those are from...
Krellan
Shuyin
----
Sidd
Xavius2009-07-27 02:11:50
QUOTE (Ardmore @ Jul 26 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Krellan
Shuyin
----
Sidd

It looks like Glomdoring absorbed the zap-happy powers of Eventru.
Eventru2009-07-27 02:15:45
cool.gif That's just wyrd, man. Blows my mind.
Aerotan2009-07-27 02:27:59
Remember, In Desi we trust.
Ayisdra2009-07-27 02:46:48
QUOTE (Aerotan @ Jul 26 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember, In Desi we trust.

Not desi.

His motto: 'Nothing matters but Talan!'
Eventru2009-07-27 02:59:10
I believe the meaning was that the 'tru' in that mishmash name was meant for 'Desitrus'.
Celina2009-07-27 04:13:13
QUOTE (Ardmore @ Jul 26 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Krellan
Shuyin
----
Sidd

Really?
Furien2009-07-27 04:16:41
To be honest the first thing I connected it to was 'Truss' which is what Sidd uses all the time.
Ardmore2009-07-27 04:23:19
QUOTE (Celina @ Jul 27 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really?

Well, I do believe he was talking about people who actually are useful in Glomdoring... So why would I even begin to think Desitrus? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad about him, he's a great fighter and all, but... I've never seen him in a defense or offense raid... or anywhere except in his manse.

Edit: But then again, I've only been back for a month or so, so maybe he did something amazing while I was still gone. Unlikely though.