Ilyarin logs.

by Ilyarin

Back to Combat Logs.

Ilyarin2009-07-24 23:24:19
Noticed a few flaws. Wasn't being careful with rebounding when trying to behead (hit it two/three times heh). Messages are still grammatically bad. Stancing message might be inaccurate... Etc. Overall quite happy though.

Fox and Hounds Paladins game: Ilyarin vs Meir, Kelly, Inagin, Kreor.
vs Alacardael in Faethorn.
vs Jurgo (Part I)
vs Jurgo (Part II)
Razenth2009-07-25 01:30:33
They should've kicked your ass.
Ilyarin2009-07-25 01:41:32
biggrin.gif
Razenth2009-07-25 01:58:55
The amount of wounds you could cure was ridiculous by the way, unless Kelly's lunges are weaksauce.
Casilu2009-07-25 02:00:33
QUOTE (Razenth @ Jul 24 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The amount of wounds you could cure was ridiculous by the way, unless Kelly's lunges are weaksauce.

Mr. Astley does have plate, and if I remember right, wounds with plate are decreased exponentially.
Unknown2009-07-25 07:53:06
Inagin caught me right as I was about to log off and was honestly just looking for a quick fight. I did HORRIBLE this round. My first fight with Ilyarin went on for real life days I'm pretty sure. I still sucked then, but I survived longer. tongue.gif But yeah, it's hard to try to get wounds to stick on other knight types for me, still. Good job again, Ilyarin. You had me thoroughly trussed up at the end.
Unknown2009-07-25 08:05:23
Oh, also:
Meir ceases to wield a pair of diamond shears in his left hand.

I was trying to give you a haircut in the beginning of the fight! cool.gif
Ilyarin2009-07-25 09:16:01
QUOTE (AllergictoSabres @ Jul 25 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, also:
I was trying to give you a haircut in the beginning of the fight! cool.gif

Haha! biggrin.gif

Also yes, it is worth noting my first fight with Meir was far more dramatic and (for me) amazing. It lasted a good 30 minutes or so.
Unknown2009-07-25 11:28:54
Your defences report is pretty. dazed.gif
Unknown2009-07-25 12:04:40
QUOTE (Solanis @ Jul 25 2009, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your defences report is pretty. dazed.gif

It's included free with every copy of the Treant combat system. wink.gif
Unknown2009-07-25 13:57:47
Yeah, I luff the treant def display. Really easy to tell what you're missing.
Snaithy2009-07-25 16:28:46
I agree with Ilyarins uber wound curing. Meir and I were beating on him for a good 20 minutes or so before I was killed, coordinating (slightly) attacks and what not and could barely get him past medium wounds

A nice log though
Damadreas2009-07-25 16:33:24

What is the amount of your wound curing based off of? Does it scale in the same manner as your HP curing for sipping does as your level increases etc or what?
Unknown2009-07-25 17:00:20
Why isn't my Treant display like that :/
Unknown2009-07-25 19:28:09
You probably haven't set it up. Look at your treant_install.txt file in the Treant folder. Find the section called 'Defenses'. Win.
Desitrus2009-07-25 21:54:38
Oh boy, here comes the negative nancy train.

With a powerful lunge, Kelly strikes at you with a steel inquisitor rapier. Kelly powerfully strikes your left leg, and blood fountains out in
a thick spray.
The karmic blessing of justice reflects part of the attack back at Kelly.
Hmmmm. Why must everything be so difficult to figure out?
11332h, 5066m, 8045e, 2p, 31163en, 28159w elrk

You may order your beast again.
11514h, 5106m, 8045e, 2p, 31163en, 28159w elrk

You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies.
You aren't such a complete idiot anymore.
11514h, 4856m, 8045e, 2p, 31163en, 28084w elrk

With a powerful lunge, Kelly strikes at you with a steel inquisitor rapier. You are feebly struck in your left leg with the blade.
The karmic blessing of justice reflects part of the attack back at Kelly.
A prickly stinging overcomes your body, fading away into numbness.
11332h, 4856m, 8045e, 2p, 31163en, 28084w elrkp
Now using strikes to attack your target's head.
Now using maneuvers to attack your target's head.

You take a long drag off your pipe.
The hole impaling your left leg muscles closes.
11332h, 4856m, 8045e, 2p, 31163en, 28084w elrkp

You take out some healing potion and quickly rub it on your legs.
The deep damage in your left leg completely heals.

Her rapiers are apparently pure garbage or she has 16 strength. She double lunges for LESS THAN 800 WOUNDS (Yes that's right everyone, you all heal wounds for exactly the same amount). Meir was wielding shears when it started and Kreon hit vitality from two swings.

@Casilu: Plate is no longer spec, it actually provides less protection than splendors + trueshield.

Meir doesn't even swing for the first half of the log, and nobody stays off balance to combat fear aura, nor do they replace rubeus. Rather than be effective and use knockdown on the same leg Kelly is attacking, Meir chooses to spam smite down. At the point where Meir decides to attack you, rather than actually assist him, Kelly starts webbing you while Inagin completely fails to cure a single tendon. Inagin starts attempting to bond unite rather than cure. Then Kelly also switches to hack down. For what reason God only knows.

I'm going to guess that Kelly didn't get the memo about lightning being a terrible combatstyle. That's the only reason I could think of that Meir would hit for 900 while she hits for 380 and less than 800 wounds on double lunge. Maybe Meir has eles, but they wouldn't convert to twice as much damage.

What I can only guess by balances and usage is nearly over a minute later inagin cures tendon. But oh wait, he doesn't STAND UP AFTERWARDS. Followed by more webbing, followed by double lunge to legs for less than 800 wounds cured in one application again (not hard folks, good lord). Meir comes back, hits rebounding, continues to smite down. Inagin finally dies without tumbling, standing up, or doing anything useful what-so-ever.

Meir is still smiting down, despite stance, parry, and all other things hilarious. Amongst other things, I don't even think any of them are actually using rebounding.

Kelly dies, spamming hack down into rebounding, parry, and stance. Also a Merian, nice race for getting damage owned. So on to Meir, who FOR SOME REASON IS NOW ATTACKING LEGS? AFTER EVERYONE IS DEAD? WHAWHAWHAT? Fervor refresh puissance? Really? More rebound smite down garbage follows. Meir is also apparently boycotting toxin use. Even though his normal attacks hit stance/parry on head he goes ahead and pulps it four times in a row? Drugs are bad.

I'm all for self-back-patting or whatever but good lord. The only thing this shows is that the Paladins have zero coordination and nobody to teach them. The star of the log is constantly hitting parry/stance when it's not a power attack and just using damage to overpower a bunch of people who aren't even touching him 90% of the time due to things like quad pulp spam into stance. On top of that, Ilyarin, you don't even know how maneuvers work. There is literally no point in using a maneuver for assault leg unless you want tendons instead of amputates. I've said it a hundred times: A lower wound does not overwrite a higher wound. Maneuvers DO NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF A WOUND HAPPENING. The only thing you're creating for yourself is a situation that will backfire when you have any form of command denial in place and you miss the maneuver swap. Making a maneuver only use behead? That's ridiculously bad. Slit throat can not override behead and if you don't get a 3800+ wound you get NOTHING now that you've made that maneuver.

Summary: Bad. All around.
Vathael2009-07-25 22:01:19
Oh now now, that was excellent wound healing.
Unknown2009-07-25 22:03:45
laugh.gif
Unknown2009-07-25 22:07:31
Man combat is stressful.
Ilyarin2009-07-25 22:07:32
QUOTE (Desitrus @ Jul 25 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On top of that, Ilyarin, you don't even know how maneuvers work. There is literally no point in using a maneuver for assault leg unless you want tendons instead of amputates. I've said it a hundred times: A lower wound does not overwrite a higher wound. Maneuvers DO NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF A WOUND HAPPENING. The only thing you're creating for yourself is a situation that will backfire when you have any form of command denial in place and you miss the maneuver swap. Making a maneuver only use behead? That's ridiculously bad. Slit throat can not override behead and if you don't get a 3800+ wound you get NOTHING now that you've made that maneuver.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd actually been curious about this. Having read the AB file I was left uncertain.

QUOTE ("AB PUREBLADE MANEUVERS")
Secondly, provided your wound list is small, you will be able to concentrate more than normal on perfectly executing the attack. This increases your chance of exeuting that wound. Thus if you use a maneuver that consists only of a critical level wound, you lose the ability to do the lower level wounds, but in exchange you increase the likelihood of successfully making that critical wound happen.

I tried to get clarification from someone but no-one ever gave me a definitive answer. If you're saying that my interpretation is wrong, I will make the necessary adjustments.