Fain or Raezon?

by Parabollus

Back to The Polling Place.

Parabollus2009-06-29 23:41:48
Well, Casilu's thread - more specifically the discussion on Divine Orders within it - got me thinking about my Mag alt, Kilson (pretty much almost everyone on here knows who he is at this point), and how to take the good times I'm having with him to the next level. (That didn't sound right...anyway.) So I'm thinking of having him join an Order.

I am NOT asking you folks to decide for me, so don't accuse me of doing so here. tongue.gif Rather, this is merely polling to see who players think is a better order to join. I'm personally looking for two things in an order: Divine interaction, and active roleplaying. So I'm asking via this poll who people think is the better Divine to serve in this regard.

So, poll away! divlove.gif
Celina2009-06-30 21:33:29
They're pretty different. Might need a bit more than "divine interaction" and "roleplay."
Unknown2009-06-30 21:41:37
I voted Fain simply because I don't really know squat about Raezon these days. Relatively recently, when I was still semi-active, Fain was working to make his Order more active since a number of the higher-ups left. He's great to RP with, though I feel like some people would be turned off by his abusive father-figure persona and intrigue deal.
Casilu2009-06-30 21:42:43
I voted Fain so you could take my place. suspicious.gif
Shaddus2009-06-30 22:27:49
QUOTE (Volroc @ Jun 30 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I voted Fain simply because I don't really know squat about Raezon these days. Relatively recently, when I was still semi-active, Fain was working to make his Order more active since a number of the higher-ups left. He's great to RP with, though I feel like some people would be turned off by his abusive father-figure persona and intrigue deal.

Lies. Fain is all about cookies and milk, and he LOVES new people, especially when they walk up and shake his hand. suspicious.gif
Daganev2009-06-30 23:29:15
Personally, I think Fain should have been more about the Gruesome/evil/ugly and less about the traitor/sneaky/puppeteer.
I find Raezon opens more doors and gives you more flexibility.
Unknown2009-06-30 23:37:19
QUOTE (daganev @ Jun 30 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I think Fain should have been more about the Gruesome/evil/ugly and less about the traitor/sneaky/puppeteer.
I find Raezon opens more doors and gives you more flexibility.

I've always seen Fain as more subversive and insidious.
Daganev2009-07-01 00:10:54
QUOTE (Allison @ Jun 30 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always seen Fain as more subversive and insidious.

Well yes, that is what he is like. But it defeats the purpose when everybody treats you as such!
Unknown2009-07-01 00:18:37
QUOTE (daganev @ Jun 30 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well yes, that is what he is like. But it defeats the purpose when everybody treats you as such!

Which is why all "secret organizations" in games are doomed to fail. Eventually, everyone will know about their existence due to metagaming and OOC mechanics.
Celina2009-07-01 00:32:46
QUOTE (Allison @ Jun 30 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which is why all "secret organizations" in games are doomed to fail. Eventually, everyone will know about their existence due to metagaming and OOC mechanics.

Uh, Fain's Order is not a secret one. Occasionally, a glom fainite will hover around for a while, but that's about as secretive as it gets.

Everyone knows Fainites want to rule the world, and a large part of that is due to Fain's ego. The rewards, however, come when you accomplish your/his goals through subterfuge, leverage, and being political, even if everyone knows what they are.

Fain's Order is about 1) amusing Fain and 2) owning everyone, everywhere. Being sneaky is merely one way to go about it. Thoros, for instance, beats faces in and Fain gets his jollies. I just constantly stirred the pot and fostered conflict and Fain liked that too. Sthai was the more insidious, sneaky type.
Shaddus2009-07-01 00:34:39
QUOTE (Celina @ Jun 30 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, Fain's Order is not a secret one. Occasionally, a glom fainite will hover around for a while, but that's about as secretive as it gets.

Everyone knows Fainites want to rule the world, and a large part of that is due to Fain's ego. The rewards, however, come when you accomplish your/his goals through subterfuge, leverage, and being political, even if everyone knows what they are.

Fain's Order is about 1) amusing Fain and 2) owning everyone, everywhere. Being sneaky is merely one way to go about it. Thoros, for instance, beats faces in and Fain gets his jollies. I just constantly stirred the pot and fostered conflict and Fain liked that too. Sthai was the more insidious, sneaky type.

Whereas Shaddus is the bumbling idiot that is totally subservient to Fain, even to the point of making an idiot of himself or giving up public posts merely for Fain's amusement.

Fain has facets beyond just "sneaky" and "bloody". To see more about him, click here and here
Celina2009-07-01 00:40:04
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Jun 30 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whereas Shaddus is the bumbling idiot that is totally subservient to Fain, even to the point of making an idiot of himself or giving up public posts merely for Fain's amusement.

Fain has facets beyond just "sneaky" and "bloody".

Yeah, he likes you because you were humble and loyal, and even when you were laughed at, you stayed around. I think you were called an "unimpressive specimen" but you were promoted because you took a beating like no one else was willing to.

I was working on a book about the different aspects of Fain and your story over the Thoros election was in the humility chapter.
Daganev2009-07-01 00:48:41
Fain... the Anti-Roark
Daganev2009-07-01 00:50:11
QUOTE (Allison @ Jun 30 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naw there are plenty of "secret organizations" like the Star council for instance. *badumpch* (or whatever they call themselves)
Unknown2009-07-01 00:51:11
QUOTE (Celina @ Jun 30 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't necessarily talking about Fain's Order.
Unknown2009-07-01 01:27:33
Raezon for sure. You're going to get treated like marshmallow floor tiles, and sorry Parab, but I don't think you can take that. You're neither tough, nor arrogant, nor any of the other traits that make it easy to deal with people treating you poorly.
Ashteru2009-07-01 01:38:59
QUOTE (Kialkarkea @ Jul 1 2009, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Raezon for sure. You're going to get treated like marshmallow floor tiles, and sorry Parab, but I don't think you can take that. You're neither tough, nor arrogant, nor any of the other traits that make it easy to deal with people treating you poorly.

The term you are looking for is "mentally stable"
Unknown2009-07-01 01:43:33
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Jun 30 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm Shaddus, and I own the internet.

A laughable claim, at best. Your words are like a wet sock.
Arix2009-07-01 03:24:15
QUOTE (daganev @ Jun 30 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fain... the Anti-Roark

You mean he wears pants?

Also, I hope Soraka hasn't come back, he is not welcome here in any form.

Also, go Raezon
Daganev2009-07-01 03:40:27
QUOTE (Arix @ Jun 30 2009, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean he wears pants?

Also, I hope Soraka hasn't come back, he is not welcome here in any form.

Also, go Raezon

Not sure.

However since Roark does not wear pants, the anti of pants is a mask, and the anti of not wearing is wearing, so Fain wears a mask tongue.gif