Motivation

by Casilu

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Casilu2009-06-28 03:00:22
Guess what I'm looking for?

I really don't think I've given Mag a fair chance, but the more I look at it, the less it seems like I will ever be able to give it one. I really don't want to orghop again because I don't think Mag got a fair shake, but really...
  • Neither active order interests me in the least for various reasons.
  • I seem to miss anything that will get me any city favours.
  • All motivation is gone to gain guild ranks. (honestly, never had much motivation in that regard, but meh)
  • Lack anyone to interact with on any sort of meaningful RP sense, save for a very small handful of people, in fact, amount of people inside the city that fit on this number is at least equaled by those outside. Normally, I've been fairly adept at finding these people (or them finding me) but that does not seem to be the case in Magnagora.
  • Take that one step farther, even moving to Magnagora went against almost all of Casilu's established RP, so really, at this point, wouldn't even have much to discuss anyway.

Only thing I really like about Magnagora is that I actually get invited to go on small raids, which actually means quite a bit to me. wub.gif

So, really, don't know what to do at this point because I don't think I gave Mag a fair chance, but, at this point, I don't think I can either.

And this isn't an attention whore thread, either. I'm actually looking for advice what to do.
Unknown2009-06-28 05:12:54
Org hop or alt, I think, is the best thing you can do to save yourself from a wave of extreme boredom.
Celina2009-06-28 07:40:52
QUOTE (casilu @ Jun 27 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess what I'm looking for?

I really don't think I've given Mag a fair chance, but the more I look at it, the less it seems like I will ever be able to give it one. I really don't want to orghop again because I don't think Mag got a fair shake, but really...
  • Neither active order interests me in the least for various reasons.
  • I seem to miss anything that will get me any city favours.
  • All motivation is gone to gain guild ranks. (honestly, never had much motivation in that regard, but meh)
  • Lack anyone to interact with on any sort of meaningful RP sense, save for a very small handful of people, in fact, amount of people inside the city that fit on this number is at least equaled by those outside. Normally, I've been fairly adept at finding these people (or them finding me) but that does not seem to be the case in Magnagora.
  • Take that one step farther, even moving to Magnagora went against almost all of Casilu's established RP, so really, at this point, wouldn't even have much to discuss anyway.

Only thing I really like about Magnagora is that I actually get invited to go on small raids, which actually means quite a bit to me. wub.gif

So, really, don't know what to do at this point because I don't think I gave Mag a fair chance, but, at this point, I don't think I can either.

And this isn't an attention whore thread, either. I'm actually looking for advice what to do.

When I left mag in the past it was because I was just bored and wanted to play around with different Guilds. I left Mag this last time because Magnagora, as a whole, has become very boring. I feel like a LOT of the RP that made Magnagora interesting is completely ignored now. When I left, the city had become a squabbling mass of pissy non coms, which would have been fine if RP had been maintained...but it wasn't. The little pockets of RP were gone or buried under piles of BS and you just get tired of dealing with it. Honestly, there are only so many uppity "i'm a viscanti noble and i'm going to act like a total bitch, but I have no rank or position to back me up" you can take before you want to kick a puppy. I don't know how things are now, but if Magnagora is like it was when I left, I'd suggest that you just bail and find something enjoyable.

I will say one thing about Mag though, the Admin that play the gods are great. I like Nocht and all, but the Admin behind Raezon and especially Fain (whom I will always love) are just amazing. I think RP isn't required in lusternia, but combatants who also RP are the ones that seem to stick around the longest. I think Orders are the best source of RP in the game. You should try an order, it's your best bet of staying interested. Fain's Order was easily the best RP experience I've had, and leaving it was the worst mistake I've made game wise. There are very solid RPers. Esano and Quilis, for instance, are pretty awesome. You'd have to put up with Shaddus's crap, but it's worth it to actually get to interact with Fain as you rise through the ranks. He's just a badass in every way and just sucks you in so that you don't want to leave. I look back on it now, and sometimes I wish I hadn't gotten OH because my interactions with Fain changed dramatically. I talked to him on a daily basis, sure, but it was usually boring crap. Tasks, who needs to be favors, etc. It gets a little monotonous. However, if you are involved and put in the effort, the interaction with Fain while you gain ranks is great, great stuff. He's so broody and evil.

If you haven't found engaging, stable RP by now, and Raezon or Fain's order just isn't an option, I'd suggest moving on. It's a game, first and foremost, so go where you enjoy yourself. If you are willing to give it a try, I can't suggest Fain's order enough. The admin behind Fain is just damn good. It may take you a while to get involved, but once you are in the right circle you'll have plenty to do. I just hope that there is still a solid player presence within the Order, and not just seat fillers.
Shaddus2009-06-28 07:51:57
What crap? :shrug:
Damadreas2009-06-28 09:37:07

Don't worry Shaddus, she was just adding that in to meet her troll quota for the post.
Siam2009-06-28 11:13:30
Astrology. smile.gif

Try to find actual people in Mag, Casi, you can do it! Try introducing puns there!

Edit:
Try a creative approach:
Write something for the Bardics (I know you can write:p)- write something about the pre-Mag Casi and the Basin she saw through her eyes because a look on the past might help you think of what you want to do about Casilu the character's future. I do artisanals these past few months because it's enriching to me(I wub.gif drawing) and my character(yay, credits!). In fact, 75% of the reason why I still log-on is the inspiration I get from all the tiny bit of interactions, which spurs me to draw - I even carry my sketchpad daily to school to doodle a thing or two.

I hope you get your healthy dose of motivation, Casi! Good luck!
Unknown2009-06-28 18:52:53
I'm a little disinterested in Magnagora myself. My Nihilist character has been alone for almost three days, the only time anyone coming around being when all three guild leaders came around at the same time, then left an hour or two later. The Heresiarch is a wonderful roleplayer, though.
Casilu2009-06-28 19:26:04
QUOTE (thisismydisplayname @ Jun 28 2009, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Astrology. smile.gif

Try to find actual people in Mag, Casi, you can do it! Try introducing puns there!

Edit:
Try a creative approach:
Write something for the Bardics (I know you can write:p)- write something about the pre-Mag Casi and the Basin she saw through her eyes because a look on the past might help you think of what you want to do about Casilu the character's future. I do artisanals these past few months because it's enriching to me(I wub.gif drawing) and my character(yay, credits!). In fact, 75% of the reason why I still log-on is the inspiration I get from all the tiny bit of interactions, which spurs me to draw - I even carry my sketchpad daily to school to doodle a thing or two.

I hope you get your healthy dose of motivation, Casi! Good luck!

I'm sure I'd be executed for making my puns. And what makes you think I can write

Also, I love how everyone is telling me to orghop, like I would ever do that (just ignore the massive contradiction). The main problem is that getting in anywhere else would be a pain for me, at this point. Glom would be the easiest, at this point, and even that is going to be expensive, to say the least.
Lawliet2009-06-28 19:36:15
You sure? I mean, with no enemy status Celest might be easier, especially now that you can get amnesty on order enemy things.
Unknown2009-06-28 19:37:22
QUOTE (casilu @ Jun 28 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure I'd be executed for making my puns. And what makes you think I can write

Also, I love how everyone is telling me to orghop, like I would ever do that (just ignore the massive contradiction). The main problem is that getting in anywhere else would be a pain for me, at this point. Glom would be the easiest, at this point, and even that is going to be expensive, to say the least.

Casual orghopping is pretty stupid. "HEY GUYS THIS CITY SUCKS I'M GOING TO GO JOIN ANOTHER ONE biggrin.gif"

I'd rather make a new alt in another city than switch an established character to that city.
Casilu2009-06-28 19:48:23
QUOTE (Allison @ Jun 28 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Casual orghopping is pretty stupid. "HEY GUYS THIS CITY SUCKS I'M GOING TO GO JOIN ANOTHER ONE biggrin.gif"

I'd rather make a new alt in another city than switch an established character to that city.

I've left places I liked because I get bored easy. And since I'm one-half combatant and one-half RPer, it'd be retarded to make an alt that I'd only have half the fun on, considering I get bored with bashing or influencing by about level 10. It's why I have one alt that's survived for any length at all. So, for me at least, making an alt would be a waste of time considering they'll be deleted within a day since I'd get bored with hunting or influencing them past level ten.

And Lawliet, Celest is not an option. I have an enemy status that will make it hard, and the person I have zero IC or OOC respect for is still not only still in the city, but in a leadership position.
Unknown2009-06-28 19:55:14
QUOTE (casilu @ Jun 28 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've left places I liked because I get bored easy. And since I'm one-half combatant and one-half RPer, it'd be retarded to make an alt that I'd only have half the fun on, considering I get bored with bashing or influencing by about level 10. It's why I have one alt that's survived for any length at all. So, for me at least, making an alt would be a waste of time considering they'll be deleted within a day since I'd get bored with hunting or influencing them past level ten.

And Lawliet, Celest is not an option. I have an enemy status that will make it hard, and the person I have zero IC or OOC respect for is still not only still in the city, but in a leadership position.

My very first Celestian character I made just a couple minutes ago was set upon by a barrage of snuggly pouncing and licking as soon as I entered the Pool of Stars. I feel violated.
Klaermon2009-06-28 19:59:20
Avoid the Pool at all costs. Seriously. D:
Unknown2009-06-28 20:02:49
QUOTE (Klaermon @ Jun 28 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Avoid the Pool at all costs. Seriously. D:

There are really only three things that aggravate me, and those are snugglies, people who don't RP in the game despite RP being -required-, and those silly Gaia Online doll things, in that order. I mean, I don't hate them, I just don't understand them. Why does anyone like spending a thousand dollars over the phone so you can have some stupid pixel art anime character?

I used to play on that website, but then I realized that I could be doing something more interesting and fun, like pounding my face repeatedly into a wall. It hurts me to be reminded of how mind-numbingly stupid it was.
Shaddus2009-06-28 20:07:37
QUOTE (Allison @ Jun 28 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are really only three things that aggravate me, and those are snugglies, people who don't RP in the game despite RP being -required-, and those silly Gaia Online doll things, in that order. I mean, I don't hate them, I just don't understand them. Why does anyone like spending a thousand dollars over the phone so you can have some stupid pixel art anime character?

I used to play on that website, but then I realized that I could be doing something more interesting and fun, like pounding my face repeatedly into a wall. This was my avatar. It hurts me to be reminded of how mind-numbingly stupid it was.

Wow, even the people on Gaia online didn't like you. What the hell?
Klaermon2009-06-28 20:07:48
?
Somebody sent me a link on the forums months ago, I clicked it, then made it free. o_O calm down...
Casilu2009-06-28 20:09:16
Stop hijacking my thread, please; I don't give into terrorist demands. And yes, all the ones that we have, they're free.
Unknown2009-06-28 20:10:03
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Jun 28 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, even the people on Gaia online didn't like you. What the hell?

Successful troll was successful. I permanently ended my addiction to all that stupid crap by trolling enough to actually get banned. I just logged in to see that I'm not banned, anymore. Goddamnit.
Celina2009-06-28 20:42:54
QUOTE (Shaddus Mes'ard @ Jun 28 2009, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What crap? :shrug:

The crap where you get pissed off for whatever reason and take OOC information IC. Repeatedly.

QUOTE (Damadreas @ Jun 28 2009, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry Shaddus, she was just adding that in to meet her troll quota for the post.

Irony. At least you sound cool!

Anyways, Casilu. JOIN AN ORDER. It's really the best advice I can give. I know you said that there are reasons you don't want to, but Orders can be a hot spot for RP and interaction. I know if Fain's Order, once you get past the Outer circle (it's easy), you'll start getting poked and prodded from the higher ups (if they are doing their job). Guild tasks are monotonous as hell, and my experience with the ur'guard was a fairly boring one comparatively. Not that it was bad, it wasn't. You're just expected to be on your own more than other guilds. I think Order tasks add a bit of variety and flavour. You even have the option to make up your own tasks and impress the God on your own terms.

Order. Order. Order. (Fain.)
Casilu2009-06-28 20:59:05
QUOTE (Celina @ Jun 28 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways, Casilu. JOIN AN ORDER. It's really the best advice I can give. I know you said that there are reasons you don't want to, but Orders can be a hot spot for RP and interaction. I know if Fain's Order, once you get past the Outer circle (it's easy), you'll start getting poked and prodded from the higher ups (if they are doing their job). Guild tasks are monotonous as hell, and my experience with the ur'guard was a fairly boring one comparatively. Not that it was bad, it wasn't. You're just expected to be on your own more than other guilds. I think Order tasks add a bit of variety and flavour. You even have the option to make up your own tasks and impress the God on your own terms.

Order. Order. Order. (Fain.)

I've wanted to join an Order, I've loved being in Orders. The problem is just with Magnagora's divine, neither Fain nor Raezon interest me in the least for various IC and OOC reasons. If that crazy healer lady showed up, I'd be in that Order in a heartbeat,but... meh.