You know you play Lusternia too much when...

by Asin

Back to The Funnies.

Asin2009-05-28 09:19:03
My top 17 list (in no particular order though):

1. You never sleep because it would cut into your play time on lusternia
2. You've refered to hours as days and days as months in the real world. female.gif
3. While on an instant messenger/chat you send messages with 'say' before them
4. While on an instant messenger/chat and you're bored you accidently send QL BW QSC STAT SC GL at one point or another.
5. While looking in your herb cabinet you look for other Lusternia herbs after you see Majoram.
6. While in an art class you found excuses to make artworks of things that could be submitted for the artisinal contest.
7. When reading/learning about mythology you make constant connection between Lusternia and the stories and you are totally enthralled by it. freaked.gif
8. You associate some songs you hear on the radio/your mp3 player with people/events/etc. on Lusternia.
9. You text people emotes like *laugh* (or -laugh-) *poke* etc.
10. You wonder why you can't kill your next door neighbor that bugs the crap out of you without them simply coming back alive after praying.
11. You search google/youtube/etc. for videos and fun things on or about Lusternia
12. You think Alechemy, Poisonist, Enchanter, and Herbalist are acctually perfessions. geek.gif
13. You think of Hell as Nil and Heaven and Celestia or have called one of them that.
14. You've said "Oh Nil!" for swearing or something like "By Estarra!" doh.gif
15. You consider your guild advancements homework that you really need to get done and it stresses you out in real life.
16. You have dreams about events/people/things in Lusternia.
17. You have thought of dollar/euro/your currency in forms of gold and credits.

Now stop keeping them hidden and exploit them to the world! But seriously... Is it just me or is Lusternia really addictive?
Aerotan2009-05-28 09:40:10
I've done quite a few of these. Also on the list is wondering how much gold it would take to repair pants I've torn, wondering the comm costs for denim jeans, and attempting to AQUACAST MELD the area in front of my house.

Also started converting things from elsewhere into Lusternian items.
A star shaped musicbox locket

gold 5 silver 2 powerstone 1

This bulky locket is hung from a fine gold chain, and is crafted in the shape of a five-point star. In the center of the star is a small plate of silver, which hide the clockwork elements from view. Covering this is a gold dome which reveald a tiny powerstone set in the silver plate when opened. The powerstone causes a tiny crescent moon to surround the gem, which wavers with the haunting melody played when the locket opens.
Unknown2009-05-28 15:23:21
I only do the 'Say" and 'QW' on IMs blink.gif
Lendren2009-05-28 16:22:17
...when you remember the last three times this topic came up on the forums!
Ayisdra2009-05-28 16:44:09
12. You think Alechemy, Poisonist, Enchanter, and Herbalist are acctually perfessions

Well, you can get a degree as an herbalist.
Fania2009-05-28 16:47:38
As much as I play the only thing I've ever done is #3.
Unknown2009-05-28 16:58:30

4. While on an instant messenger/chat and you're bored you accidently send QL BW QSC STAT SC GL at one point or another.

6. While in an art class you found excuses to make artworks of things that could be submitted for the artisinal contest.

14. You've said "Oh Nil!" for swearing or something like "By Estarra!" << I did it once on the train really loudly. People just stared... So embarrassing.

I do those ones... I think I dreamt about something from Lusternia once, but I don't think it counts!

Everiine2009-05-28 18:35:27
I've done most of these, including answering with "aye" instead of "yes" and getting the funny looks from that.
Jigan2009-05-28 19:07:10
You hear the voice of your character's current god in your head. (Thank you very much Fain. My co-workers didn't like the sadistic smile I got every so often.)

As reference to Soll's Signature: When Lusternia goes down, you grab your kid brother, dress him up in robes, stand him near a kiddie wading Pool and start calling him Meleris.

Cooking recipes you find in Lusternia in real life.

dazed.gif

Ilyarin2009-05-28 22:37:03
spoton.gif
Mirami2009-05-29 01:18:26
I do this...

Also, when you write papers that are really boring, and you start randomly typing the QSC, QW, GW, CLW, CLAN SWITCH 1, etc... sad.gif
Zynna2009-05-29 01:27:31
I never knew about QSC!!
Rancoura2009-05-29 01:44:33
You have live-action dreams about Lusternia.

Twice.

Even if it just has the characters.

=/
Lawliet2009-05-30 12:56:44
QUOTE (Asin @ May 28 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My top 17 list (in no particular order though):

1. You never sleep because it would cut into your play time on lusternia
2. You've refered to hours as days and days as months in the real world. female.gif
5. While looking in your herb cabinet you look for other Lusternia herbs after you see Majoram.
7. When reading/learning about mythology you make constant connection between Lusternia and the stories and you are totally enthralled by it. freaked.gif
8. You associate some songs you hear on the radio/your mp3 player with people/events/etc. on Lusternia.
10. You wonder why you can't kill your next door neighbor that bugs the crap out of you without them simply coming back alive after praying.
11. You search google/youtube/etc. for videos and fun things on or about Lusternia
12. You think Alechemy, Poisonist, Enchanter, and Herbalist are acctually perfessions. geek.gif
13. You think of Hell as Nil and Heaven and Celestia or have called one of them that.
14. You've said "Oh Nil!" for swearing or something like "By Estarra!" doh.gif
15. You consider your guild advancements homework that you really need to get done and it stresses you out in real life.
16. You have dreams about events/people/things in Lusternia.
17. You have thought of dollar/euro/your currency in forms of gold and credits.

Now stop keeping them hidden and exploit them to the world! But seriously... Is it just me or is Lusternia really addictive?

Oh, I do those ones so much
Unknown2009-05-30 13:43:50
QUOTE (Rancoura. @ May 28 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Twice.

=/

Even worse. When you have TEXT dreams about lusternia. Honest to god TEXT IN YOUR HEAD.
Siam2009-05-30 14:19:14
QUOTE (Rancoura. @ May 29 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Twice.

=/

QUOTE (Kialkarkea @ May 30 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even worse. When you have TEXT dreams about lusternia. Honest to god TEXT IN YOUR HEAD.

I've been having these quickexit.gif
Callia2009-05-31 00:07:41
How you know you play Lusternia to much.

When you call your upteen billion dollar Cruiser that you are aboard an 'aethership'

Although the price tag is about the same... confusion is reasonable.
Zallafar2009-05-31 02:07:25
As a newbie I wanted some lumber (I didn't know any better) and tried find where I could buy axe. But I could never find a shop that stocked them.

Today I was in the hardware store and walked by the axes and thought, "Ah this is where you get them." before reality kicked in.

Asin2009-05-31 02:30:24
Here's my weirdo moment of the week. Last night I watched Lord of the Rings for the first time (Fellowship) and I kept making comparisons from it to Lusternia. If you watch it though and try to get the connections it's really funny.... well it was for me and my little bro. Lol geek.gif
Kiradawea2009-06-08 07:58:53

Why's that strange? I've been doing that long before Lusternia.