Forum poll battles!

by Kiradawea

Back to The Funnies.

Kiradawea2009-06-27 19:53:29
I've found a little game in other forums. It is based around having characters from games, tv-shows and so on duke it out in challenges, most commonly plain tournament combat.

So, being the fool and fan that I am, I figure it would be fun to introduce the concept to these forums. Maybe it'll actually survive a round this time.

Anyway, the game itself is quite simple. The game-maker creates a setup with the characters and a poll with choices. These choices describe how the challenge progress. For example, assuming a fight between Link and Cloud. The two swords have clashed, and both Link and Cloud struggle for dominance over the other. The game-master can then put up a poll with a choice for either Cloud or Link to win. (There has to be at least one "victory" choice for each "contestant" to make it fair). The choice with most votes happen, and so it continues until one person wins. There's usually a little note if a choice will end in victory. And... that is really all there is to it.

Makes sense no? To help introduce the concept, and see how much interest there is in such a game, I've cooked up a basic game hosting the Nintendo big four. Nothing big.

So... fun right?

I'll just go hide in a corner now.
Casilu2009-06-27 20:18:42
Kirby sucks. suspicious.gif
Lawliet2009-06-27 21:29:36
Kirby, purely because of the religion and politics thing in someones sig
Celina2009-06-27 21:42:01
QUOTE (casilu @ Jun 27 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kirby sucks. suspicious.gif

WHAT. HEATHEN.

Totally my favorite super smash brothers character.
Dynami2009-06-27 22:01:13
QUOTE (Celina @ Jun 27 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHAT. HEATHEN.

Ewwwwwwwwww, Kirby is horrible to use.

Anyway, back to the poll. Pika pika ftw cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Casilu2009-06-27 22:48:53
QUOTE (Celina @ Jun 27 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHAT. HEATHEN.

No, literally, Kirby sucks.
Celina2009-06-27 23:14:17
QUOTE (casilu @ Jun 27 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, literally, Kirby sucks.

Oh ho ho ho. Touche.
Casilu2009-06-27 23:24:01
QUOTE (Celina @ Jun 27 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh ho ho ho. Touche.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=182

Kirby also has diseases.
Celina2009-06-27 23:46:01
QUOTE (casilu @ Jun 27 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lies.

He's adorable and innocent.
Aerotan2009-06-28 16:47:08
To quote Brawl:

Pika pika pikachu! Pika pika pikachu!
Kiradawea2009-06-28 22:23:02
And it's game over. Time for me to write out a scene for y'all.

After the huge flop of the last tournament, Kirby, Pikachu, Link and Mario decided to have another tournament to once and for all decide who is the champion. Now they stand there, facing each other. Then, they spring into action. Unfortunately, a gust of wind blows Mario's hat off. The italian plumber stubs his toe on a grain of sand. The result isn't pretty.

With one down, the remaining three turn their attention towards one another, or well... Kirby thinks so. The pink puffball has little time to react however, when Pikachu pounces on him. The yellow mouse releases a bolt of thunder, leaving kirby stunned. Link takes the opportunity and swings his sword, knocking Kirby out of the competition.

Now, the final two battlers face one another. Pikachu vs Link. Yellow vs Green. The yellow lightning dashes forward. Link tries to meet his adversary with his sword, but Pikachu is too fast. The yellow mouse leaps over the blade and charges into Link with an electric powered tackle. The green hero is knocked prone, but he doesn't give up. He quickly jumps to his feet and fires a flurry of arrows towards Pikachu. The mouse manages to do a good job at avoiding the projectiles, but one manages to nick into the cheek of the mouse and draw blood. Enraged, Pikachu calls down a bolt of lightning from the sky, and then dashes forward towards Link. The hero in green hides behind his shield, hoping that it will protect him, but alas. Everything goes white as bright electricity hits cold, blue steel. Link is knocked prone, and when he wakes up, Pikachu is standing on his chest with a most evil grin. The mouse bends down... and she gives Link a peck on the cheek. "That was fun. Better luck next time."

Pikachu wins!

And I start up a new thread cause this seemed to be quite successful.