high level solo bashing

by Unknown

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2009-05-24 20:32:52
There are probably already some threads about this, too lazy though to search through the forums looking. Right now I'm 89 going on 90 (knight) and I'm really starting to feel my crits start to pick up. I was thinking about working a bashing rotation out and grinding my way up to to titan - was wondering what some of the primo spots are nowadays. Catacombs, Crumkin, Tainted Broadcast (?). Dont really like UV, dont really kill fast enough for it to be profitable. What are some good spots that maximize xp and time? What about Muud?

Celina2009-05-24 21:05:48
Catacombs, astral, catacombs, astral, catacombs, astral.

edit: that's not a joke. Real suggestion.
Dysolis2009-05-24 21:11:16
Just astral for me. I don't think we need to cover high level bashing areas as we have many of them not to mention demigods have their own play ground.
Narsrim2009-05-24 21:18:23
QUOTE (B_a_L_i @ May 24 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are probably already some threads about this, too lazy though to search through the forums looking. Right now I'm 89 going on 90 (knight) and I'm really starting to feel my crits start to pick up. I was thinking about working a bashing rotation out and grinding my way up to to titan - was wondering what some of the primo spots are nowadays. Catacombs, Crumkin, Tainted Broadcast (?). Dont really like UV, dont really kill fast enough for it to be profitable. What are some good spots that maximize xp and time? What about Muud?

I cannot remember your race/class, which may slightly alter my suggestions below so remind me!

I would bash Astral/Muud until highly neurotic and then switch to Catacombs, Shallamurine (if you have easy access), Crumkindivia, Xion (if you have easy access, good source of essence too), Illithoid Prison (adorath, sharks, mantas), Spirit Plane (every once in a while as you maintain a Tosha blessing, which is a useful tool to make bashing easier).
Narsrim2009-05-24 21:20:09
If you have decent enough charisma, you can also influence Crumkin/Shallamurine -before- you bash to get additional experience.
Celina2009-05-24 22:03:16
Orclach ur'guard, unless he's changed
Unknown2009-05-24 23:07:11
Yea, Ur'Guard. I peter out at 19str sad.gif And influencing isnt really an option, sadly.

I'll probably end up doing something like astral or muud till highly neurotic, catacombs or sharks/adoraths/mantas then xion or crumkin.

Which is better gold and xp btw, Xion or Crumkin?

Narsrim2009-05-25 04:46:14
Crumkin is better gold if you do the quest.
Vathael2009-05-25 18:27:52
Xion xp is amazing if you can catch it while it's not bashed out. I bashed there for a week or so and gained like 5 levels.
Unknown2009-05-25 18:35:27
I need sparkleberries crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif
Razenth2009-05-26 07:48:52
Soooo.... any good bashing for a 85 human Celestine?
Unknown2009-05-26 13:55:07
QUOTE (Razenth @ May 26 2009, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soooo.... any good bashing for a 85 human Celestine?

My exact level, race, and guild too. XD

I bash Undervault: tunnel spam (only 1 fisher at a time), 1 adorath at a time, and up to 2 illithoids at a time. You need to maintain a life karma blessing for this, in case you don't already. Unless someone else is bashing Illithoids, by the time you get to the end they are repopping since our bashing is so slow, so it's basically an infinite loop of gold and xp if you have the willpower to keep doing it or unless someone spots you and tries to jump you. But in that case just have starleaper up, timeslip up, and a hermit back to the entrance of UV.
Shaddus2009-05-26 14:11:15
Parasites and mugwumps(undead) in the asylum. Priestesses in Shallamurine (undead, can radiance faster than symbol).
Unknown2009-05-26 14:52:10
Quinotaurs are also a good option when you're winding down from Astral insanity.
Shaddus2009-05-26 15:09:25
QUOTE (Jozan @ May 26 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quinotaurs are also a good option when you're winding down from Astral insanity.

But there's a rabid Jozan wandering around in the waters, don't run into him tongue.gif
Damadreas2009-06-16 19:09:20
Not particularly 'high level' I guess, but rather then start a new thread I thought I'd ask here. Currently Damadreas is a level 67 Loboshigaru Nekotai. Magic is only at capable, Resilience inept, all the necessary protection for the most part (I may be missing some herbs.) Oh, and I have acrobatics up to contortion.

My current list of bashing areas include: Shallach, Grey Moors, Nagaradjas/etc, sabre-tooth cats, mammoths, sometimes gorgogs if I'm feeling suicidal. Lucidians, Boloch swamp, and Merians. (I think thats everywhere I've been going. p.P)

Looking for other ideas for where I can add to my loop for bashing to lower downtime as I've a rather penchant for being able to just grind and grind without it bothering me. Is there anywhere else suggested for me to clear out? I guess it should be metioned that of the Gorgog's/Lucidians/Sabretooths I can -barely- handle 2 linked together, to give a judge of how I'm doing, tankiness wise. But that seems to be something I'm on the brink of.. (I suspect another level or two would put it in my favor.) Just looking for advice.
Unknown2009-06-16 19:29:16
how about good hunting places for a Faeling circle 75 Cantor (bard) to get experience fast without dying fast?
Furien2009-06-16 23:05:24
QUOTE (zixen @ Jun 16 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how about good hunting places for a Faeling circle 75 Cantor (bard) to get experience fast without dying fast?

Have you tried influencing?
Konton2009-06-17 00:46:13
Got anything for a level 76 Faeling Moondancer?

Edit: Did not notice the two posts above mine, but still a valid question I think.
Enero2009-06-17 03:53:14
While I'm not 100% certain, I think that Moondancer Faelings are just as squishy as Cantor Faelings, so I guess the same can be applied for them. With that said, I have to agree with Furien.

For a Cantor Faeling Influencing would really be the way to go. Come to think of it, it might be the only way to go for such setup, unless have nerves of steel and dedication of... something. Just because you'd have to bash small things... like forever. Your biggest problem is the fact that Cantors suck in the DMP department and the fact that you lose even more utility from already sub-par Music spec, because of your natural lvl3 sip bonus. Cantor bashing isn't bad when you are a Human with Trans resilience, Beast Bodyguard, Trans Acrobatics and have a Life blessing, whore Tosha blessing, lvl2 Life rune and RoA.

However, base 16Cha is already nice, add BardicPresence to that, a Beauty Blessing and maybe a Throne and you have some pretty nice amounts of ego right there. Get BeastMastery up to 33% Master for some nice influence bonus and ego regeneration and Influence up to 0% Master for the Basic attacks.
Granted, this will throw you back a bit in learning the guild skills, but it's an option.