Skills that allow large scale detection

by Narsrim

Back to The Polling Place.

Narsrim2009-05-14 07:11:52
Do you think one person (who can be totally AFK using triggers when alerts are given) should be able to monitor any number of locations on any number of planes for little to no upkeep? This isn't really a question of one skill because there are several that allow this. However, I find it mildly disturbing that one person can sit AFK and announce when someone enters any location on an entire plane because there is no way to get around their foolproof detection skill (I suppose Veil is an option, but as it is class restricted, I do no include it - I'm also not sure it even works against some methods).
Narsrim2009-05-14 07:14:55
I also think in terms of organizational conflict it should be a consideration: When one organization (or two) can totally prevent any entry into any territory without some sort of alarm going off (requiring only a single person) but others have no such ability... when does it start to destabilize group conflict?

Narsrim2009-05-14 07:25:11
I think it'd be nice if people voting yes could voice why they feel this way specifically when it's only an option certain organizations have.
Eventru2009-05-14 07:34:02
I voted yes because I know you're sitting somewhere going bald from frustration and yanking your hair out. And I'm a part of the source.

Just sayin'. biggrin.gif
Unknown2009-05-14 07:34:45
Eventrolled
Narsrim2009-05-14 07:36:20
QUOTE (Eventru @ May 14 2009, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I voted yes because I know you're sitting somewhere going bald from frustration and yanking your hair out. And I'm a part of the source.

Just sayin'. biggrin.gif

Har har. I think it's a fair assumption that I cause you far more stress that you could ever inflict upon me. I'm evil like that.
Eventru2009-05-14 07:37:33
QUOTE (Narsrim @ May 14 2009, 02:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Har har. I think it's a fair assumption that I cause you far more stress that you could ever inflict upon me. I'm evil like that.

Yes. You do. And every day I want to 'accidently' mistell a link to Cup Chicks or something to my order aether, in such a way that you get, er, CupChick-rolled. Or something.
Eventru2009-05-14 07:39:54
Also, if we catch someone sitting AFK with triggers for the sole purpose of alerting people of detection via crow-eye and ancestral watch, demesne watch, etc, that DOES go against our AFK policy and our automation policy, and there's a lovely place in my garden for players who are caught breaking these policies. deal.gif
Narsrim2009-05-14 07:52:05
QUOTE (Eventru @ May 14 2009, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. You do. And every day I want to 'accidently' mistell a link to Cup Chicks or something to my order aether, in such a way that you get, er, CupChick-rolled. Or something.

Psh, you wouldn't break the law to smite me because then I could sue you. Dirty tease!

(I actually heard that someone sued someone for sending them a cup chick video and won. I personally think that's retarded).
Viravain2009-05-14 08:02:07
QUOTE (Narsrim @ May 14 2009, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Psh, you wouldn't break the law to smite me because then I could sue you. Dirty tease!

(I actually heard that someone sued someone for sending them a cup chick video and won. I personally think that's retarded).

Got a link to the news? Else it didn't happened.
Asmodea2009-05-14 08:22:18
Do you even play Lusternia any more just to play Narsrim, or is your sole purpose now just to whine about some other organizations skills that you don't have access to that prevents you from being able to grief them? I mean seriously.
Unknown2009-05-14 08:25:22
no idea what youre talking about i thought hes just on about demesne watch lol

i mean this is obviously just another generic 'things that should be nerfed/deleted' thread and has nothing to do with communes at all geez chillax

also i voted yes
Xavius2009-05-14 08:28:16
Because surveillance skills are way more imbalancing than combat skills, amirite?
Arix2009-05-14 08:33:37
I'd be more inclined to vote if i had an idea what you're bitching about. Only wide-scale detection I have is scan, and that's pretty limited depending on where I am
Arix2009-05-14 08:43:17
If you are referring to eyes/spirits, I say we should keep them. Anything that prevents ethereal kick-and-run raiders is fine by me. I think the spiritual attunement should not allow you to hear your spirits from more than one plane away though.
Xenthos2009-05-14 11:23:39
If you "dig," the AFK person's eyes are gone and there is no more warning. There's not even a message the eye was dug up. Also, just running into a spirit kills it. Further, the AFKness comes with threat of shrubbing, so... yeah. It just means you have to do a little more prep-work before you do your fun-stuffs, but it doesn't kill you or hurt you and there are ways to nix them.

And/or find paths that let you into area X,Y,Z that aren't guarded, because these things cost power to set up and can't be placed everywhere. I think spirits even show up on glance..? You can avoid those just by changing elevation.
Arix2009-05-14 11:58:27
That would involve work though, it's just easier to whine until someone nerfs it just to shut you up
Xenthos2009-05-14 12:02:23
But Narsrim prides himself on his "creativity" and "adaptability".

Glomdoring's been getting around SerenSpirits for a while now, with our various tussles over furrikin (as an example). And Seren's been getting around our eyes. It just requires putting a little more thought into your strategy.
Unknown2009-05-14 12:20:31
Detection skills only matter if there's anyone around capable of stopping the raider(s) and if they aren't killing denizens (otherwise the whole org can be notified very shortly anyways, without the use or help of any skills).
Fern2009-05-14 12:44:21
QUOTE (Sojiro @ May 14 2009, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no idea what youre talking about i thought hes just on about demesne watch lol

i mean this is obviously just another generic 'things that should be nerfed/deleted' thread and has nothing to do with communes at all geez chillax

also i voted yes

demesne watch doesnt work unless you are on the same plane.