Twitter

by Parabollus

Back to Meet and Greet.

Parabollus2009-05-10 02:44:13
Yeah, so I just signed up for the crack cocaine that is Twitter. I know, I'm crazy, right? shocked.gif Normally I hate social networking sites. But Twitter...well, unlike all the other social networking sites out there, Twitter is actually easy to use, is very well designed, doesn't crash your browser, and is just plain fun. It's like social networking with all the suck taken out of it.

So, you can guess the next question I'm going to ask...who here uses Twitter? You guys can follow me and vice versa. Here's my Twitter page. Now follow me. Do it! DO IT NOW!!!! whip.gif
Daganev2009-05-10 04:29:06
uuuggggg
Parabollus2009-05-10 04:41:42
QUOTE (daganev @ May 10 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uuuggggg

I take it you don't like Twitter. sad.gif

Well, there is a reason I decided to sign up for Twitter. I'm a freelance writer, and I discovered that many writers keep in touch with each other via Twitter. So I thought signing up may help me out in that regard - I can maintain my contacts and possibly make new ones. So don't worry, I didn't sign up out of some zombie-like need to join the masses in the social networking hive mind. tongue.gif
Daganev2009-05-10 04:43:38
The fact that this is considered social networking just makes me go "uuugggg"

My company uses twitter to drive up traffic to our websites, and it works wonders.
Parabollus2009-05-10 04:54:40
QUOTE (daganev @ May 10 2009, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My company uses twitter to drive up traffic to our websites, and it works wonders.

So you can understand my need for it then - I get a piece published somewhere, I plug it on Twitter, you do the math. ohyeah.gif

Come to think of it...I shoulda done this sooner. doh.gif